• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP argues they can't let everyone vote or they'll lose.

Lindsey Graham came out and said it, explicitly. Imagine being a proud Republican voter -- part of a team that can't play fair, that must change the rules to have a chance of winning.

There go Republicans erasing peoples' lives again.

Last edited:
Just the thread title has me in tears. God forbid I click the link, I don't know if I can take it.

Just the thread title has me in tears. God forbid I click the link, I don't know if I can take it.
I can fix it for you.

GOP Democrats argues they can't let everyone vote must let everyone through our borders or they'll lose.

I can fix it for you.

GOP Democrats argues they can't let everyone vote must let everyone through our borders or they'll lose.
Transforming an actual verified claim to an outright falsehood is not fixing anything. FFS, the US under the Obama Administration deported more people than any Republican President.

I can fix it for you.

I'm being sincerely charitable when I share this. The key to republican humor is to not twist the truth to make Liberals the punchline, It's simply telling the truth as you see it. But yeah, Obama got rid of a lot of voters.

I can fix it for you.

This one of the reasons I won't vote Republican any more.

Modern partisan fake conservatives.
This used to be "The Nation of Immigrants". It's right there on the Statue of Liberty! Maintaining the values that Made America Great is what I consider conservative values.

That includes making room for new folks.
In the modern world we could do a lot more vetting and prioritizing. It's the Information Age. But we first have to institute a sensible immigration policy. Just giving jobs to anybody, but not green cards and such papers, is a recipe for disaster. As recent history shows.

Republicans don't believe in such conservative values, demonstrably.
Tom

I can fix it for you.

Yeah, it's just immigrants, who don't have voting rights to begin with (until they legally do when they become citizens), who are the ones Republicans want to keep from voting. That's the ticket! :rofl:

Come on, RVonse. We know by your own admission that you can't tell true from false because the world is too full of misinformation, but surely even you know what's completely false and dumb about your post, don't you?

I can fix it for you.

Conservatives only argue straw men because they can't come up with logical arguments for their positions.

I can fix it for you.

Dems have had more Americans vote for their candidate in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections, with the sole exception being George W winning in 2004 during the height of the mindless nationalism that always favors the incumbent during a war.

In the past 16 years, Gallup has conducted almost 300 national random sample polls about party affiliation. In 95 of those separate polls 50% or more Americans said they are "Democrat" or "Independents who lean Democrat". Guess how many of times 50% or more Americans said they are "Republican" or "Independents who lean Republican"? ZERO

Of those 300 polls over the past 16 years, 90% of the time more people identified Dem/lean Dem than Republican/lean Republican.

In sum, you'd make a great Republican b/c you utter faith based irrational nonsense directly contradicted by all empirical facts and logic.

I can fix it for you.

You'll need to cite where this was explicitly stated by the Democrats in front of the Supreme Court.

The lawyer for the RNC, when asked specifically why the RNC has interest in preventing votes in the wrong precinct from counting, well let me just put the question here directly.
Justice Barrett said:
What’s the interest of the Arizona RNC in keeping, say, the out-of-precinct ballot disqualification rules on the books?
The response was that it hurt the GOP otherwise.
Lawyer said:
Because it puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats. Politics is a zero-sum game. And every extra vote they get through unlawful interpretation of Section 2 hurts us, it’s the difference between winning an election 50-49 and losing an election 51 to 50.
So they justify keeping a vote in the wrong precinct, which can be shifted as needed to allow a person's lawful attempt to vote alive, from counting is in the RNC's best interests because it helps them win an election.

Justice Barrett allegedly cut him off after to keep him from making his response sound even worse!

You'll need to cite where this was explicitly stated by the Democrats in front of the Supreme Court.

The lawyer for the RNC, when asked specifically why the RNC has interest in preventing votes in the wrong precinct from counting, well let me just put the question here directly.
Justice Barrett said:
What’s the interest of the Arizona RNC in keeping, say, the out-of-precinct ballot disqualification rules on the books?
The response was that it hurt the GOP otherwise.
Lawyer said:
Because it puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats. Politics is a zero-sum game. And every extra vote they get through unlawful interpretation of Section 2 hurts us, it’s the difference between winning an election 50-49 and losing an election 51 to 50.
So they justify keeping a vote in the wrong precinct, which can be shifted as needed to allow a person's lawful attempt to vote alive, from counting is in the RNC's best interests because it helps them win an election.

Justice Barrett allegedly cut him off after to keep him from making his response sound even worse!

B-b-but RVonse SAYS democrats argue that they must let everyone through the borders (and presumably vote) or they'll lose!
RVonse is talking out his ass of course. We just had a national election with RVonse's child torturing, wall building, asylum denying orange avatar in the White House, and Dems won by over SEVEN MILLION VOTES!
NOT ONE INSTANCE HAS BEEN FOUND OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT VOTING.

[insult removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can fix it for you.

I don't expect an answer here, but you do know that immigrants - illegal or otherwise - cannot vote until they obtain citizenship, right?

I can fix it for you.

I don't expect an answer here, but you do know that immigrants - illegal or otherwise - cannot vote until they obtain citizenship, right?

What's really crazy about this fear of immigrants voting (or even becoming citizens to vote) is The Republicans have just as much opportunity to gain these voters as the Democrats do. If your policies suck for a certain demographic that's your party's fault.

What's really crazy about this fear of immigrants voting (or even becoming citizens to vote) is The Republicans have just as much opportunity to gain these voters as the Democrats do. If your policies suck for a certain demographic that's your party's fault.

It's crazier than that; "immigrants" are not even a demographic.
Republicans believe with religious certainty that most people trying to come to the US are coming for an opportunity to live in a representative democracy with protections under the law. Republicans believe that people are not coming here because they want to be persecuted by racist, conspiracy theory-mongering authoritarian Nazi xenophobes.
I'm pretty sure Republicans are right about that. So no - Republicans don't have as much chance to gain voters, because their product stinks - even more for immigrants than for average Americans.

Back
Top Bottom