• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP Brodens Base! AZ Republican Mistakes Busload Of YMCA Campers For Dirty Illegals.

Its already happening. I remember reading about one red state, where the repubs gerrymandered not just for a majority, but for a supermajority. They are suddenly finding that a shift of a few percentage points is suddenly threatening to put them in the minority. I think it was Georgia.

Actual children or children like Trayvon was called a "child"? My understanding is that most of them are teenagers.
Teenagers are children, so is there an actual point to that observation.
On the contrary, those that are making Helen Lovejoyesque appeals ("won't somebody please think of the children") are the ones that lack content and instead use emotive rhetoric.
Spouting irrelevancies is smokesecreen to hide the vacuous of your emotive rhetoric (like that response).

Law of unintended consequences. However, congressional Republicans want to amend that law but it is the Democrats who are against it.
Yet another relevancy-challenged remark. You and the alleged law-abiding raging ignoramuses and bigots screaming for their deportation are asking the US gov't to break the law.

But it is the federal government who is busing them around and setting up at least one luxury resort to house them.
Yet another relevancy-challenged remark with vacuous emotive rhetoric ("luxury resort). Using Fox News as a source is even more evidence of the vacuousness of your argument. The man had no clue whether the bus had undocumented children or not nor if it was being used in a lawful or unlawful manner.
No, simply people not wanting unrestricted influx of illegals.
First, bigots and ignoramuses can also wish to restrict influxes of people. Second, unless you were in the crowd, your assessment has no empirical validity, Their actions and words were consistent with bigotry and ignorance.

the "luxury resort" claim has been thoroughly debunked. The source was a asshole blogger just making up shit.

The "resort" was a cheap hotel. And the $50 million in government funds was $1.3 million in private money. The federal government played no part in this.

But it is the federal government who is busing them around and setting up at least one luxury resort to house them.
Yet another relevancy-challenged remark with vacuous emotive rhetoric ("luxury resort). Using Fox News as a source is even more evidence of the vacuousness of your argument. The man had no clue whether the bus had undocumented children or not nor if it was being used in a lawful or unlawful manner.

You mean this "luxury hotel"?

A Baptist charity last week submitted a bid to purchase Weslaco, Texas’s Palm Aire Hotel & Suites for approximately $3.8 million in nongovernmental funds. The group, Baptist Family & Child Services, intended to convert the 600-bed facility into a dormitory for child migrants detained at the border, where it would house them for 15-day periods, “providing medical and mental health care, on-site educational programs, recreational programs and case management.” As of earlier this week, the group was preparing for a hearing before the city of Weslaco’s zoning board in order to secure a conditional permit. BCFS already runs a facility in Harlingen, Texas, but wanted to relocate.

Yesterday, however, BCFS abruptly pulled its proposal, citing “negative backlash caused by information misreported to the public.” What misreported information could they be referring to? Maybe stories like these: “FEDS TO OPEN $50 MILLION RESORT FOR ILLEGAL CHILDREN.”
http://www.salon.com/2014/07/17/bor...the_50_million_illegal_alien_resort_spa_myth/

“Will not stay here again”

The pool was green, they pull a hold on my credit card to 168.80 when the charge was only 149.20. Ask a question about the breakfast never got a call back. the bar was closed. Will not be coming back and staying at this hotel.

“Terrible Hotel”

This hotel needs a lot of work and oversight. The staff is what it is. But the room (suite 306) has the following issues: mold and musty, sunken couch, broken knobs on AC controls, broken handle on shower (couldn't control temperature without pliers from my tool box), water damage on popcorn ceiling from previous leak, stained sheets (we brought our own sheets sort of expecting this), no ability to take back because drain plug was missing, dead flies on bathroom floor. It's appalling how bad a hotel can get when there is no management oversight or care. Not a chance I'd rebook.

“Definitely got what I paid for :(

Stayed with my husband and young daughter while we were in town for a long weekend. The rate was $50 +tax a night. I was told The room was in the "newly remodeled" part of the hotel. There was no way. The only "new" part of the room was granite countertops. Paint/ drywall was peeling off of the walls. The sheets and blankets had what looked like cigarette burn holes in them. Thin bedspreads had lint balls on them. Housekeeping came at 9 am the first day and I asked for them to come back, but in the meantime I asked for fresh towels. They made me give them the dirty ones before they would give me fresh ones. I could not get fresh towels for the next 2 days of my stay. We had to keep re-using our dirty towels; just hanging them up so they were partially dry before our next shower. No housekeeping came for the rest of our stay until our last morning. When I complained to the housekeeper, she left to investigate and came back to show me notation that I had "refused" service. That was not the case, they never came!!! Our trash was overflowing and we ran out of toilet paper. We had to use take out bags to contain our trash. (The trash cans were tiny) the pool was nice, but the shallow part for the kids was dirty with foliage. I will not recommend this place to anyone I know. When I checked out, I complained as politely as possible to the front desk clerk and all I got was a "sorry" with no offer to rectify.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ews-Palm_Aire_Hotel_Suites-Weslaco_Texas.html

Yes, Derec. It is fucking idiotic to assume that every single one of the millions of kids being "moved to and fro" on buses every morning and afternoon are all illegal immigrants.
Whatever - he made a mistake. Illegal alien supporters would be against him even if he had found the right bus.
You ignored my question of what you thought of the $50,000,000/year luxury resort to house some of these illegals?

2+2=5 is a mistake. What this guy did was wrong. What these so called grownups did in terrorizing a bus full of children was wrong and you are wrong.

US can't absorb all the people who would like to come here. Allowing these illegals to stay would only encourage more to come. Where does it end?
With the forming of a nation. With education. With opportunity. With the incentive to create. Americans make a lot of neat shit.

And there is a definite ethnic imbalance here with hispanics being much more likely to come here illegally than other groups due to such things as ease of access (no ocean barrier, existing coyote networks, powerful hispanic illegal lobby groups in the US). Nothing against hispanics per se, but any single group heavily dominating immigration for decades is not healthy.
Unhealthy how? You are looking past the first generation, aren't you? You're familiar with assimilation? What if it were decades of Europeans? I suppose if it were nothing but Europeans immigrating, we'd have to break it down further, by nationality. The group here could bitch about the group streaming over, stealing jobs, working for low wages, etc.
If they'd loosen up on the H-1B visas, we could get more Indians over here to take all the engineering jobs then we'd have a healthy balance of educated and uneducated. Job creators and worker bees. And the country would again have that healthy glow.

Back
Top Bottom