• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP Brodens Base! AZ Republican Mistakes Busload Of YMCA Campers For Dirty Illegals.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-making-alarmist-claims-against-migrant-children

inducing panic and paranoia with the outrageous claim of a threat of Ebola.
Sounds like a perfect time for Democrats to propose the Phil Gingrey Foreign Aid Bill that would offer funding to Central American countries for vaccinations against chicken pox, small pox, and the like. Proceeds would be developed by introducing a half percent tax on arms sales to foreign nations.

As I understand, children from those countries are better vaccinated than children in Texas.

As I understand, children from those countries are better vaccinated than children in Texas.
Are the gluten-free vegans in Austin really enough to drag the state average down that much? I seriously doubt it.

And a response from the so called "greatest nation" to the current humanitarian crisis reflecting a majority of children seeking shelter and safety in the US as they all come from shitholes like El Salvador and Honduras is to deport them where they came from?
US can't absorb all the people who would like to come here. Allowing these illegals to stay would only encourage more to come. Where does it end? And there is a definite ethnic imbalance here with hispanics being much more likely to come here illegally than other groups due to such things as ease of access (no ocean barrier, existing coyote networks, powerful hispanic illegal lobby groups in the US). Nothing against hispanics per se, but any single group heavily dominating immigration for decades is not healthy.

To note of course the inconsistency among so many GOP political mouthpieces who have never hesitated to infuse their religious piety into their motivations to push for one legislation or the other and are now portraying those kids as "invaders" while their protesting supporters are seen throughout media reports holding signs mentioning "diseases"....oh this is the most appropriate time to challenge them with "WWJD", the very Jesus they all claim to follow.
I am neither a Republican nor Christian so I do not see relevance to my position.
However, the illegals from Latin America tend to be poor, uneducated and religious, most particularly conservative Catholic and even more conservative charismatic Evangelical. Continued influx of millions will ensure US stays a deeply religious country even as homegrown population grows less so. Why do many secular liberals support unrestricted illegal immigration from Latin America then? Well, as Robert Frost said "A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." Sure, these hispanics might get locked into voting Democratic like blacks due to identity politics (which is so strong now that Harry Reid thinks Clarence Thomas is "white"). However, it will change the Democratic Party into a more religious, socially conservative one. It could be seen in 2008 with Prop 8. Even though Obama got 61% of the vote, Prop 8 still passed, thanks mostly to socially conservative, but still D voting, blacks and hispanics.

inducing panic and paranoia with the outrageous claim of a threat of Ebola.
Maybe not Ebola, but things like lice and TB are a definite concern.

Mind you we are in 2014 and in a nation which claims to lead the First World. Yet we are reminded today that there are some Americans who still stagnate in ignorance and prejudice as they are "bed companions". And those Americans can so easily be manipulated by the GOP because they are so ignorant.
There is ignorance on both sides. Like progressives/liberals believing that US can absorb millions of illegal 3rd world immigrants without becoming increasingly 3rd World itself.
I am not against immigration. I am an immigrant myself. But I did it legally and I recognize that there is a limit to how many immigrants a society/country can reasonably absorb without being overwhelmed, both financially and culturally.

Again, the politician in question was over-reacting because the kids on the bus were Americans going to a fucking YMCA camp.

That would make it a mistake, not an overreaction.
As such, it is the height of fucking idiocy to assume that kids on a bus are automatically illegal immigrants.
Well given that we have 50,000 of them being moved to and fro on buses it's not that idiotic.
By the way, what do you think of federal goverment paying $50,000,000/year to house some of them in a luxury resort?
But rather than call the politician in question a fucking idiot (which he clearly is), you've actually decided to defend his fucking idiocy.
He should have taken more care to identify the actual bus. But given how many on the Left are openly supportive of unrestricted illegal immigration I will not fault anyone who stands against that kind of idiocy.

All valid points, but when Cubans tie a couple hundred innertubes to a Chevy truck and try to float to Key West, the GOP hails them as heros.
Well, at least that shows some ingenuity, as does converting an old 50s era pickup truck into an amphibious vehicle. Also the numbers are far fewer.

I have noticed that lately the conservative line on Cubans has shifted to claim they tend to vote Democrat whenever someone points out how eagerly Cuban immigrants were welcomed, in sharp contrast to the Continental Latinos.
Got a citation for that?

That would make it a mistake, not an overreaction.
As such, it is the height of fucking idiocy to assume that kids on a bus are automatically illegal immigrants.
Well given that we have 50,000 of them being moved to and fro on buses it's not that idiotic.

Yes, Derec. It is fucking idiotic to assume that every single one of the millions of kids being "moved to and fro" on buses every morning and afternoon are all illegal immigrants.

It was a busload of children.
Actual children or children like Trayvon was called a "child"? My understanding is that most of them are teenagers.
Your emotive rhetoric cannot hide the lack of content in your post.
On the contrary, those that are making Helen Lovejoyesque appeals ("won't somebody please think of the children") are the ones that lack content and instead use emotive rhetoric.
Children from countries not contiguous to the US cannot be deported (Dubya signed that law into effect).
Law of unintended consequences. However, congressional Republicans want to amend that law but it is the Democrats who are against it.
If this person thought these were undocumented aliens secretly being bussed into the US, he could have called the INS or the police.
But it is the federal government who is busing them around and setting up at least one luxury resort to house them.

Instead, he brags about the "fear" on their faces. And "fear" from what? Dozens of so-called adults acting like selfish douchebags, raging ignoramuses, or racist assholes?
No, simply people not wanting unrestricted influx of illegals.

Yes, Derec. It is fucking idiotic to assume that every single one of the millions of kids being "moved to and fro" on buses every morning and afternoon are all illegal immigrants.
Whatever - he made a mistake. Illegal alien supporters would be against him even if he had found the right bus.
You ignored my question of what you thought of the $50,000,000/year luxury resort to house some of these illegals?

Actual children or children like Trayvon was called a "child"? My understanding is that most of them are teenagers.

Wow. You've reached a new...

...I don't know what the word is for what you are like, Derec, but you've achieved a record level.

Whatever - he made a mistake.

Yeah, he's a fucking idiot. And you think he's on the right track...which makes you...

Were you from.Were was your dad from?Were was your grand dad from?I know were my great great great grand dad came from.STFU.
Derec?

Last edited:
Yeah, he's a fucking idiot. And you think he's on the right track...which makes you...

Those that think US should accept unrestricted flow of illegals every year and give them amnesty are the real idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Were you from.Were was your dad from?Were was your grand dad from?I know were my great great great grand dad came from.STFU.
Derec?
What does that have to do with anything?

Those that think US should accept unrestricted flow of illegals every year and give them amnesty are the real idiots.

Ah. So business leaders.

Er, what does this have to do with the misapprehended YMCA day camp bus?

- - - Updated - - -

Er, what does this have to do with the misapprehended YMCA day camp bus?

Last edited:
Ah. So business leaders.
Some of them, among others. I am all for heavily fining companies that knowingly hire illegals.

But how do you feel about those on the Left who likewise support unrestricted illegal immigration from Latin America for equally cynical reason of getting more reliable "identity politics" Democratic voters?

Are the gluten-free vegans in Austin really enough to drag the state average down that much? I seriously doubt it.

Those countries all have universal health care. Virtually every child born there is vaccinated. Texas has one of the lowest rates of health coverage for its citizens in the country. Many of its citizens cannot afford to have their children vaccinated. Do I need to do the math for you?

Well, at least that shows some ingenuity, as does converting an old 50s era pickup truck into an amphibious vehicle. Also the numbers are far fewer.

I have noticed that lately the conservative line on Cubans has shifted to claim they tend to vote Democrat whenever someone points out how eagerly Cuban immigrants were welcomed, in sharp contrast to the Continental Latinos.
Got a citation for that?

I need a citation for something which I observed? It's a bigfoot sighting, or citing.

The GOP's love for the Cuban refugees community is a well established political fact. Castro was an evil communist dictator who just happened to be the closest evil communist dictator. In the catalog of cold war fuckups, letting Castro come to power was regarded as the worst and anyone who wanted out of Cuba was our darling. The Cuban crisis transitioned smoothly into the Vietnam crisis and suddenly we had a real war with real Communists. We might not be able to fight the communists just 90 miles off our coast, but we could go after them on the other side of the world. This made Cubans even more loved by conservatives of both parties. Maybe it was convenient the numbers were not that great.

Things are a little different now. The threat of a communist take over is diminished, so the Cubans aren't as useful as they once were and this presents a problem for the GOP. Latinos are the fastest growing voter demographic and they are very aware of the special status given to Cuban emigres over the past 50 years. The hostility the GOP has shown to other Latin American refugees will cost them dearly.

Who knows if it will cost them dearly - their think tanks have come up with ways to stave off the demographic reversal that's building...aggressive gerrymandering that made my state's district lines (Ohio's) a bizarre joke -- our northern shoreline features one lonnnnnnnnggggg earthworm-shaped 'district'...rules to favor the corporation humanoids in funding Tea Party jackholes...aggressive Jim Crow vote suppression that is calculated to decimate Democrat constituencies and make the difference in the many states that are close calls. If the GOP is a dying reptile, it's going to be squatting and gasping for long decades to come.

If we could get them all to stop off in Cuba for a few days before entering the US, all would be fine.
Straits of Florida is a bit larger natural barrier than the Rio Grande resulting in far smaller numbers.

Not to mention that if these 50,000 or so illegals get accepted it will only incentivize hundreds of thousands more to do likewise. It's not a sustainable solution.

Of course, the democrats only think how all these illegals will all make good, reliable D voters once given amnesty.
You're kidding, right. Over 1 million Cuban exiles have come to the US.

Who knows if it will cost them dearly - their think tanks have come up with ways to stave off the demographic reversal that's building...aggressive gerrymandering that made my state's district lines (Ohio's) a bizarre joke -- our northern shoreline features one lonnnnnnnnggggg earthworm-shaped 'district'...rules to favor the corporation humanoids in funding Tea Party jackholes...aggressive Jim Crow vote suppression that is calculated to decimate Democrat constituencies and make the difference in the many states that are close calls. If the GOP is a dying reptile, it's going to be squatting and gasping for long decades to come.

And when the dam bursts, it will burst big.

Back
Top Bottom