• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP Wealth Care, V 3.0

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between whatever they're trying to ram through the House now, vs the previous failed attempts?
Information seems sparse, there is no CBO score, but they're trying to force it through for some mysterious reason.

I don't know whether to root for it or against it. It's apparently just a re-fried attempt at wealth redistribution, and some say it's still going to throw 20-25 million people off their insurance. That would likely be a very good influence on the 2018 mid-terms. Not that I'm all in favor of causing widespread misery for political gain, but that seems to be how the game is played these days.

The point is to spend less on health care and use those savings to fund tax cuts.

So the plan is for Trump to fuck his constituents in the ass, tell them it feels good, and hope they believe him?
Guess I shouldn't conclude that they won't...

The point is to spend less on health care and use those savings to fund tax cuts.

So the plan is for Trump to fuck his constituents in the ass, tell them it feels good, and hope they believe him?

If the estimates are correct and 24M lose their coverage, I vote "won't".

I doubt it'll pass the Senate.

I doubt that any house repugs even WANT it to.

Elixir said:
I doubt that any house repugs even WANT it to.

LOL The Republicans really have created quite a mess for themselves here, haven't they? They were able to rail against Obamacare and claim they'd do it better... and then uh oh... now they are in power and they have no plan of their own that won't do it worse and screw their voters. I agree with you that they don't want to change Obamacare. They just want to be able to blame somebody for its shortcomings so they can use it to win votes. I think they feel the same way about anti-abortion and "family values" (anti-gay). They can talk it up... but when they actually have to do it they've got a problem on their hands.

The key sticking point (and difference between last and current proposal) is that in this version, States are given the ability to "opt-out" of requiring insurance carriers to accept people in the plan that have "preexisting conditions"... such as pregnancy, drug addiction, and diabetes. Perhaps a smoker has a "preexisting drug dependency" and can be denied coverage?

luv the thread title

Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between whatever they're trying to ram through the House now, vs the previous failed attempts?
Information seems sparse, there is no CBO score, but they're trying to force it through for some mysterious reason.
Well they have to pass the bill first, then you can read the details ;)

I don't know whether to root for it or against it. It's apparently just a re-fried attempt at wealth redistribution, and some say it's still going to throw 20-25 million people off their insurance. That would likely be a very good influence on the 2018 mid-terms. Not that I'm all in favor of causing widespread misery for political gain, but that seems to be how the game is played these days.
I think that we corporately will have to pass thru the valley of baca, in order to shine enough light, exposing the shit for what it is....

The Republicans are setting themselves on fire with this bill.

CNN Money has a decent summary.

But besides all of this, this bill lets states opt out of almost everything. Even medical coverage in general by larger companies.

Yep. If it passes, it'll kill a lot of people and cause widespread suffering. But that could hasten single payer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/states-won-trump-highest-obamacare-enrollment/story?id=44344734
A record number of people signed up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act for the coming year, Barack Obama's administration announced Wednesday, with the most people selecting coverage in states that Donald Trump won in November.

So it appears that red state folks will suffer the most. Of course, millions who didn't vote for that asshole will suffer too. But maybe that's what this country needs: a final fucking wake up call to vote their own best interests/get out and vote.

This won't pass though. They don't have the votes in the Senate to do it. Just like Trump's accidental Presidency, this is just a publicity stunt. It'll fool their constituents into thinking the GOP tried to do something, but the evil libtards prevented it from happening.

Now, if only Senate republicans work with democrats to make OHC stronger, more small state friendly. Then add governmental controls on older technology costs, permit negotiations like Medicare, the US might get a half reasonable plan for the, still, exorbitant price citizens pay for HC through insurance private insurance premiums. They might even remain a party in spite of electing Trump.

I'd love to agree, but the trouble is, the "moderate" Republicans were seduced into supporting this by adding $1.6 billion more a year (for five years) in additional spending for high risk pools? That is what made this go from dangerous abomination against health care to a reasonable health care bill?

$8 billion more in something already being funded $130 billion changed this from a No vote to a Yes vote. Simply put the GOP can't be trusted.

Now, if only Senate republicans work with democrats to make OHC stronger, more small state friendly.
You mean by supporting their original idea (ACA) in the first place?
Then add governmental controls on older technology costs, permit negotiations like Medicare, the US might get a half reasonable plan for the, still, exorbitant price citizens pay for HC through insurance private insurance premiums. They might even remain a party in spite of electing Trump.
If this had anything to do with making health care in our nation better, it would be possible, but this is simply partisan. ACA prices went up and lost insurers because of Marco Rubio fucking the ACA bill over, by eliminating subsidies for Insurance companies to help in the initial roll out which predicted more sick people in the system, making it more costly.

The GOP are a bunch of assholes, and our hopes lay on the likes of Rob Portman?

When the fffffffFUCK are the Republicans going to pay the price for promoting the Billionaire's Paradise and despising the rest of the country? When will they be as laughably obvious to the mass of their voters as they are to progressives now?

What are the chances of McConnell "nuking" this in the Senate to get it to pass?

Later,
ElectEngr
Hard to tell what a Senate Republican bill would even look like. Also, it may only be a budget reconciliation attempt, meaning they need 50 votes to pass, but still they can only afford to lose two votes. There is much unknown at this point.

Back
Top Bottom