• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Greedflation?

I don't see anything wrong with that. Prices are not set as "cost+x", but are determined by supply and demand. If market prices rise faster than cost, profit margins increase.
You're basing your arguments on economic theory, not the reality of the situation. You're not addressing WHY the market prices increased in this case. That is the big question and the answer is most definitely partially greed.
I still see nothing that addresses the fundamental issues: when supply and demand desync companies either raise prices or sell out and have nothing to sell. So long as it remains a reasonably competitive marketplace I can't see wrongdoing in this.
There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Your article does not address what I'm talking about: that market shortages fundamentally either will raise prices or cause companies to run out and not have goods to sell. There is no good solution for this situation, the question is which path causes the least harm.
It addresses your lack of acknowledgement that corporations screwed us during the pandemic.

Billionaire wealth increased by two trillion dollars during the pandemic.

It addresses your lack of acknowledgement that corporations screwed us during the pandemic.
Failures of capitalism are not different from failures of all other economies - it can ALWAYS be blamed on "outside" factors.
Absent outside factors, most designed economic systems work flawlessly. Unfortunately none of them exists in a vacuum.
Billionaire wealth increased by two trillion dollars during the pandemic.
You can only consider that a bad thing if you're not a billionaire.
As is the case with so many things in 'Murka, it's your own fault for not being a billionaire.

You're still not understanding.

Consider one day. They get in a certain number of eggs, if they price them too low they sell out before the end of the day, if they price them too high they don't sell all of them. There most certainly is a "last egg" in a specified time. The company has no ability to dictate what the optimum price is, they can only attempt to match it.
Sure they can. There's even a Wikipedia article on it. It's called Price Optimization.
That's relevant when you're the whole market. It's not relevant when you're a little piece of the market.

Back
Top Bottom