• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Happy

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
So, there's this song, Happy. Pharrell sings it. The official video has lots of clips of lots of people dancing happily. Including Minions from Despicable Me, 2, because the song was part of the movie's soundtrack. It plays when the main character wakes up after a date that went so horribly wrong that someone got shot with a moose tranquilizer. To make the official video, they filmed a number of people doing their happy dance all over the city. And all of the original source videos are on Youtube, the 24 Hours of Happy. I was playing around with that for a while last night.
WHen i got up this morning, i mentioned my dream to my wife. Going around high class dining establishments, shooting supermodels with a moose tranquilizer.
She said: Honey, don't take this wrong, but you're fucking weird.
I said: You can't say that!
She: Why not?
Me: Because you were driving the getaway van!
She: Oh.
Me: Yeah, you were bird dogging them as they walked in. "That one. She looks like she's a real bitch."
She: Well, THAT sounds like me.
Me: And we shot one waiter who'd snubbed you earlier in the day.
She: Ah. Okay, yeah, that's believable. So, um, were we shooting them and running? Or shooting them and collecting them in the van?
Me: Shoot and run.
She: Ah. Okay.

Sounds like a match made in heaven. :D

A relationship is always better when the two people in it have a shared sense of humour and quirkiness. No wonder you have been together for so long. Here's hoping the DBF and I last as long.

No wonder you have been together for so long. Here's hoping the DBF and I last as long.
Ideally, the relationship between the two of you should get stronger over the years.
If only in self defense.... As you're surrounded by evil people. THAT relationship will sour over time.

I mean, 15 years ago, if i asked, "Who loves their daddy and wants him to be happy?"
"I DO I DO!" "ME ME ME!" "What do you want, Daddy?"
And i'd get volunteers to go get their daddy a coke.

Now?

"Who loves their daddy and wants him to be happy?"
"Why?"
"What do you want?"
"Does it involve travel?"
"I'm not mowing the lawn."
"No WAY am i doing the shopping. Mom said you had to."

Yerks. Each and every one. But it does draw us closer together...backs to the wall at all times...

No wonder you have been together for so long. Here's hoping the DBF and I last as long.
Ideally, the relationship between the two of you should get stronger over the years.
If only in self defense.... As you're surrounded by evil people. THAT relationship will sour over time.

I mean, 15 years ago, if i asked, "Who loves their daddy and wants him to be happy?"
"I DO I DO!" "ME ME ME!" "What do you want, Daddy?"
And i'd get volunteers to go get their daddy a coke.

Now?

"Who loves their daddy and wants him to be happy?"
"Why?"
"What do you want?"
"Does it involve travel?"
"I'm not mowing the lawn."
"No WAY am i doing the shopping. Mom said you had to."

Yerks. Each and every one. But it does draw us closer together...backs to the wall at all times...

I assume you are referring to your delightful offspring. :D

The DBF and I will not be having any of those. I am not physically capable of having them. Besides, we have 5 furkids.

I assume you are referring to your delightful offspring. :D
Delightful? The wee beasties came out 3 months early, EVERY TIME! And it's been just one wonderful alck of cooperation after another, ever since.
The DBF and I will not be having any of those. I am not physically capable of having them. Besides, we have 5 furkids.
Ah. Well, then you have to be strong in the face of five furkids looking innocent, as if they couldn't possibly have done THAT to the kitchen garbage...

Delightful? The wee beasties came out 3 months early, EVERY TIME! And it's been just one wonderful alck of cooperation after another, ever since.
Ah. Well, then you have to be strong in the face of five furkids looking innocent, as if they couldn't possibly have done THAT to the kitchen garbage...

Oh yes, I should video Stripe's (a Tibetan Spaniel) face as it falls when he realises he is NOT going to get food from mum or dad. :) Or his face looking sorry when he knows he has done wrong.

And you should see the German Shepherd being put in her place by the cats. Priceless.

It will be heartbreaking to leave them for a month.

Delightful? The wee beasties came out 3 months early, EVERY TIME! And it's been just one wonderful alck of cooperation after another, ever since. Ah. Well, then you have to be strong in the face of five furkids looking innocent, as if they couldn't possibly have done THAT to the kitchen garbage...

Oh yes, I should video Stripe's (a Tibetan Spaniel) face as it falls when he realises he is NOT going to get food from mum or dad. :) Or his face looking sorry when he knows he has done wrong.

And you should see the German Shepherd being put in her place by the cats. Priceless.

It will be a lot less heartbreaking after their performance this morning - choosing the coldest day of the year so far to get me out of bed four times before sunrise was not the best way for them to secure their place in my heart.

Once or twice is fair enough - when you gotta go, you gotta go - but subsequently barking the place down for no reason at 5am, ignoring being called, and being caught on the forbidden couch when I went to get them... that is not acceptable.

Actually, Tibetan Spaniels remind me a lot of Minions - they are cute, but cause a lot of trouble; they live entirely in the moment, with no regard for consequences; and they don't speak a word of English, but are easily understood nonetheless.

I suspect Stripe got injected with the purple serum.

It will be a lot less heartbreaking after their performance this morning - choosing the coldest day of the year so far to get me out of bed four times before sunrise was not the best way for them to secure their place in my heart.

Once or twice is fair enough - when you gotta go, you gotta go - but subsequently barking the place down for no reason at 5am, ignoring being called, and being caught on the forbidden couch when I went to get them... that is not acceptable.

Actually, Tibetan Spaniels remind me a lot of Minions - they are cute, but cause a lot of trouble; they live entirely in the moment, with no regard for consequences; and they don't speak a word of English, but are easily understood nonetheless.

I suspect Stripe got injected with the purple serum.

I agree, he definitely got injected with the purple serum.

Back
Top Bottom