• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Harry and Meghan on Oprah

Keith&Co said:
Twizzle said:
Well we don’t know for sure what was said behind closed doors that would prompt Piers to resign. But the gist is that Meghan complained to the broadcaster about Piers not believing her and demanded that Piers apologize.

Cite? I really doubt Meghan gave a fuck what Piers said, he's been talking nonstop shit about her since she stopped talking to him.

Keith&Co said:
well, this was the incident where we saw him storm off in a snit, never to return. So it did happen.
Feel free to show Meghan's involvement.......?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/piers...kle-sent-an-official-complaint-to-his-network
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/u...tv-complaint-against-piers-morgan/ar-BB1erBfK
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...rewell-disruptive-piers-morgan-after-gmb-exit
https://www.foxnews.com/media/itv-formal-complaint-meghan-markle-piers-morgans-criticism

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...o/news-story/45c53a177a5dc6a24faec110cde0cc0a

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14295880/meghan-markle-formal-complaint-piers-morgan/

Well it seems the “Royal” couple have indeed made two formal complaints about Morgan. One complaint directly to the broadcasting company ITV and one to Ofcom, the regulator of broadcasting in the UK. How precious they must be.

I wish I had the energy to be so smug over things I allege that "I’m not very interested in."

Well it seems the “Royal” couple have indeed made two formal complaints about Morgan. One complaint directly to the broadcasting company ITV and one to Ofcom, the regulator of broadcasting in the UK. How precious they must be.

Piers has been viciously attacking them for years, fueled by his well publicized (b/c he publicized it) resentment over being cut off by her. Like most of the UK, the network clearly knew of this and knew that people don't like to be constantly attacked. So, to believe as you do that the network did nothing while he attacked her for years, but suddenly fired him b/c she decided to complain about it is moronic. The on-air conflict with his coworker, his unprofessional reaction to criticism, and his dismissal of the seriousness of suicidal thoughts are the new events that directly preceding his resignation, and thus far more likely to be the direct causes.

Piers has been viciously attacking them for years, fueled by his well publicized (b/c he publicized it) resentment over being cut off by her.

"viciously attacking them?" I don't know what went on earlier between Piers and the Sussex's (sp) but she was very unhappy that Piers did not believe her claims on the Oprah interview.

Like most of the UK, the network clearly knew of this and knew that people don't like to be constantly attacked. So, to believe as you do that the network did nothing while he attacked her for years, but suddenly fired him b/c she decided to complain about it is moronic.

I believe what now ? Didn't her complaints came after Piers was already gone ?

This thread is really entertaining. I wonder if I took someone off ignore if the thread would become more entertaining or simply more fucking stupid.

So,....you said Meghan complained and that got Piers fired.
And then admitted that was all made-up.
Now, you have found, but still haven't cited, that the couple complained.
So, all you gotta do is show Piers was fired, instead of resigned, and that these complaints had anything to do with that...or your initial charges, delivered with authority against two people you know and care nothing about, and a network, remain tabloid fanfiction.

So,....you said Meghan complained and that got Piers fired.
And then admitted that was all made-up.
Now, you have found, but still haven't cited, that the couple complained.
So, all you gotta do is show Piers was fired, instead of resigned, and that these complaints had anything to do with that...or your initial charges, delivered with authority against two people you know and care nothing about, and a network, remain tabloid fanfiction.

I don't really know for sure what order the events came in. I believe Piers resigned prior to to the Sussex's complaints ? Are you saying they (or Meghan) didn't make complaints at all ? I don't know, I just saw a headline about it. It may or may not be true that they filed a complaint. Piers is gone, he'll get another gig somewhere I am sure.

Piers is gone, he'll get another gig somewhere I am sure.

Wait... he’s not been imprisoned? I thought this was a big free speech issue based on the responses.
Imprisoned? I had assumed, from the melodrama, that he was absconded directly to the Tower of London for expedient truncuation.

Wait... he’s not been imprisoned? I thought this was a big free speech issue based on the responses.

Well it kind of is heading that way when (or if) Meghan can pick up the phone and call direct to the coo of the broadcasting company to demand action against a journalist she doesn’t like.

Well it kind of is heading that way when (or if) Meghan can pick up the phone and call direct to the coo of the broadcasting company to demand action against a journalist she doesn’t like.
Didn’t you already admit you don’t know the order of events? If she called after he quit then it would seem she didn’t cause his resignation.

Either way don’t see it as a free speech issue.

And now CBS in the USA has suspended The View after Sharon Osborne voiced her support for Morgan on the show and had a terse exchange with one of the co hosts. I guess you’re just not allowed to criticize Meghan.

And now CBS in the USA has suspended The View after Sharon Osborne voiced her support for Morgan on the show and had a terse exchange with one of the co hosts. I guess you’re just not allowed to criticize Meghan.
There are media outlets that criticize Meghan. Maybe they can find jobs there.

Suspending of The View is the best news I've heard all day.

Suspending of The View is the best news I've heard all day.

I’ve never watched it. It sounds hellish. But still, taking it off the air is a bit odd.

Didn’t you already admit you don’t know the order of events?
A Gish Gallop.
Don't let the scrutiny and disproof ruin a perfectly good baseless fearmongering.

So, wait.
Piers indulged his free speech to be a critical cunt of Meghan for years.
Meghan invoked her free speech to complain about his treatment of her.
Piers' coworker free-speeched HIS reaction to Morgan's unending criticism.
The network MAY have free-speeched in asking Piers for his resignation. Maybe. But if they did, it was a business decision, do they think they will do better or worse if yoked to the jackass.
OR Piers further free-speeched his way out of an uncomfortable position on the show.

......and with all these people freely indulging their free speech rights and privileges, and the govt doing bupkes to censor any of it, we're somehow headed towards people being imprisoned for unpopular views.

Let me know when you want to publish this horror story, i know some fanfiction sites.

The world's support for royalty is baffling. I don't get it.

Piers indulged his free speech to be a critical cunt of Meghan for years.

The Sussex's are not to be criticized at all or there is some arbitrary amount of criticism permitted ?

Meghan invoked her free speech to complain about his treatment of her.

All well and good but the reaction from the broadcasting company seems a bit over the top.

The network MAY have free-speeched in asking Piers for his resignation.

I think the network demanded that Piers make an apology and Piers told them to shove it.

But if they did, it was a business decision, do they think they will do better or worse if yoked to the jackass.

Seems they are doing worse.

I think he was. I think he was privately asked not so politely to resign or be fired. He chose the least humiliating option.

I think he was told to make a public apology and he told them to shove it.

Back
Top Bottom