• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Has US Green Party achieved peak nuttiness?

Their presidential candidate is Jill Stein, a physician who is opposed to things like GMOs, vaccines, the use of computers in the classrooms and WiFi in general.
The vice presidential candidate is Ajamu Baraka, a black supremacist who thinks France deserves terrorists attacks on it, that Bernie Sanders is a "white supremacist" etc.
Both are opposed to Israel.

Then again, the 2008 candidate was Cynthia McKinney, so it's a close call.

Really? This is a relevant political topic, nuttiness.

I'm sure that trophy has already been awarded to Donald Trump and the Republican party.

The party of "I've heard ..." and "people say ..." as intros to topics as lead in facts. When ever did "I feel" about whatever become an objective observation.

Nothing is nuttier than Trump Saying things like: "We should ask Putin to hack Hillary's email server." and re liberal judges appointed by Hillary "...second amendment people will take care of that ..."

No derec. America's Green Party will never be nuttier than that.

Opposition to Israel does not matter one whit in assessing a person's grasp of reality.

Not alone, but it can depending on the reasons cited for the opposition.

Sure.

But I have yet to see any evidence that Stein's alleged opposition to Israel is irrational. If I see reliable evidence that she opposes Israel because she believes that it is populated by seven foot lizard people (for example), then I am happy to revise my position. :)

Stein isn't anti GMO...
Source: http://www.jill2016.com/platform
Stein said:
Label GMOs, and put a moratorium on GMOs and pesticides until they are proven safe.

Source: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthr...science-how-jill-stein-lost-my-vote-for-good/

Dan Arel said:
The email reads:

In addition to climate change and creating an economy that works for the 99%, one of the most important is putting a moratorium on GMO foods and pesticides. Why? Because evidence is now showing that once these foods reach our digestive tract, they can affect our very DNA.

And built-in pesticides are just one of the repulsive aspects of GMO “franken foods” that corporate giant Monsanto has created.​

Source: https://twitter.com/drjillstein/status/705606846002761728
Stein said:
That looks anti-GMO to me. You could argue it's a matter of terminology. Regardless, the point is she wants a moratorium on GMOs, apart from mandatory labeling. He also makes claims that are either misleading or probably false.

Going to be a long election with people getting into the race. :)

Green Party Kookiness

http://gp.org/cgi-bin/vote/propdetail?pid=820

Proposal

To amend Chapter II, Section F (Health Care), section introduction:
Current language of plank that is being addressed:

Greens support a wide range of health care services, not just traditional medicine, which too often emphasizes "a medical arms race" that relies upon high-tech intervention, surgical techniques and costly pharmaceuticals. Chronic conditions are often best cured by alternative medicine. We support the teaching, funding and practice of holistic health approaches and, as appropriate, the use of complementary and alternative therapies such as herbal medicines, homeopathy, naturopathy, traditional Chinese medicine and other healing approaches.

Proposed amendment of the current language:

The Green Party supports a wide range of health care services, including conventional medicine, as well as the teaching, funding and practice of complementary, integrative and licensed alternative health care approaches.

Resources

Approval of this proposal will amend the 2016 Draft Platform, which will be approved by the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nominating Convention and published on the GPUS website in or before September, 2016.

Green Party Kookiness

Proposal

Greens support a wide range of health care services, not just traditional medicine, which too often emphasizes "a medical arms race" that relies upon high-tech intervention, surgical techniques and costly pharmaceuticals. Chronic conditions are often best cured by alternative medicine. We support the teaching, funding and practice of holistic health approaches and, as appropriate, the use of complementary and alternative therapies such as herbal medicines, homeopathy, naturopathy, traditional Chinese medicine and other healing approaches.

The Green Party supports a wide range of health care services, including conventional medicine, as well as the teaching, funding and practice of complementary, integrative and licensed alternative health care approaches.

Resources

Approval of this proposal will amend the 2016 Draft Platform, which will be approved by the GPUS 2016 Presidential Nominating Convention and published on the GPUS website in or before September, 2016.

I'd have to say that using crystals to heal would be a lot less invasive than actual surgery. Cheaper too.

Green Party Kookiness

Proposal

Resources

I'd have to say that using crystals to heal would be a lot less invasive than actual surgery. Cheaper too.

Legalizing all forms of quackery would have a very desirable effect upon the human gene pool after a while... these people are true visionaries.

Back
Top Bottom