• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Help me debunk something with Fukushima

coloradoatheist

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, libertarian
I don't think I saw a thread on this, but I have a friend who is saying that UFOs helped prevent a disaster in Fukushima and that we have videos of UFOs over the plant. Has anybody else seen this and how to show that it wasn't true.

Thanks,

I was flying naked over Fukushima when it happened. There were videos of it, but my publicist took them down, and I don't have rights to the copies so I can't provide you with them.

I don't think I saw a thread on this, but I have a friend who is saying that UFOs helped prevent a disaster in Fukushima and that we have videos of UFOs over the plant. Has anybody else seen this and how to show that it wasn't true.

Thanks,

I think this proves the point that legalizing pot in Colorado wasn't such a good idea afterall.

Thanks,

It's up to your friend to supply the evidence, photos, etc, to support his or her claim.

There are shoddy videos on youtube about it that say "while these videos are claimed to be fake, or generated by a computer, how would you know?"

Yeah, it's hard to argue with people who believe this and while the burden of proof is on them, it's a pain.

Yeah, it's hard to argue with people who believe this and while the burden of proof is on them, it's a pain.

Arguing with people who are divorced from reality to the point where they make implausible claims and refuse the burden of proof for those claims isn't hard; it is impossible.

And impossible tasks are the easiest to complete - When a task is impossible, the best outcome possible is failure; and if zero effort results in the optimum outcome, the task cannot get any easier.

Any pain is the result of your futile attempt to achieve the impossible; and can be removed by a simple cessation of effort on your part.

The maximum response required for this claim is 'Yeah, whatever. :rolleyesa:'

There are shoddy videos on youtube about it that say "while these videos are claimed to be fake, or generated by a computer, how would you know?"

Hardly conclusive evidence to support the claim.
It supports the claim of videos of UFOs over Fukushima existing. I've seen videos of a kid riding a bike through the air with an ET in the basket. The video exists.

Anyway, all joking aside. We live during a time in which videos of events that did not happen exist.

In fact, it is entirely reasonable to suspect previous generations of developing technology that allows them to create illusions of whatever they want, and purposefully create the illusion of lack of technology so they can play elaborate pranks on kids, or develop elaborate storylines for said children. Which puts me squarely on the side of suspecting previous generations of bullshitting me because I haven't yet developed the technical mastery to do the same things.

Although it may have a little to do with my loose moral standards....

Arguing with people who are divorced from reality to the point where they make implausible claims and refuse the burden of proof for those claims isn't hard; it is impossible.

And impossible tasks are the easiest to complete - When a task is impossible, the best outcome possible is failure; and if zero effort results in the optimum outcome, the task cannot get any easier.

Any pain is the result of your futile attempt to achieve the impossible; and can be removed by a simple cessation of effort on your part.

The maximum response required for this claim is 'Yeah, whatever. :rolleyesa:'

I learned this lesson a long time ago.

I'm now pretty choosy about the people I'll choose to talk about things with. In many cases, you're really better off just not participating in certain conversations at all.

Two maxims that should be kept in mind here:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Any claim made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

Peez

Thanks,
The claim is bullshit. The aliens were at my house helping me with a flat tire.

And don't go telling me I'm lying because you can't swallow anything but the "official story" from your establishment!

Thanks,
That's probably the best response. Throw bullshit back at them.
If they ask for evidence for your bullshit, ask what evidence they can offer for theirs. If they reject your bullshit, reject theirs on the same basis.

Thanks,

And don't go telling me I'm lying because you can't swallow anything but the "official story" from your establishment!

Yeah, well, the other day I was fixing a flat tire in front of my house with an alien, although I only have a ripped photo from a crappy camera to prove it.

alien tire fixin.jpg

.. through forensic investigation of the media that was claimed to originally record the content. Trivially easy, actually. Is such a report available from a third party? If not, then the veracity of the claim has not be established.

screw you all... I was in my driveway with that alien at the time, changing a fried motivator on his droid. so there.

Back
Top Bottom