• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton Derail From Religion Of Libertarianism

Yes of course. My apologies. The ' Internet " should be used only to attack opponents.

I was referring to the "scroll" function and/or the "previous page" function.

of course you were!

Are you having an aneurism or something? I was, but since you seem to be having some other conversation that only you understand, here is the original post--that you departed from with that pointless strawman where you pretended that I said something I did not--with the original question (that you didn't answer):

The fact remains that Obama lost 60 seats in his mid term while the Trumpet lost 26.

Due almost exclusively to a combination of racism (Tea Party); gerrymandering; a long drawn out unprecedented healthcare debacle; and one of the worst recessions in our history. What’s Trump’s excuse?

Perfectly clear? Obama lost those seats because of a combination of racism, gerrymandering, healthcare and ONE of the worst recessions in our history. What is Trump's excuse?

of course you were!

Are you having an aneurism or something? I was, but since you seem to be having some other conversation that only you understand, here is the original post--that you departed from with that pointless strawman where you pretended that I said something I did not--with the original question (that you didn't answer):

The fact remains that Obama lost 60 seats in his mid term while the Trumpet lost 26.

Due almost exclusively to a combination of racism (Tea Party); gerrymandering; a long drawn out unprecedented healthcare debacle; and one of the worst recessions in our history. What’s Trump’s excuse?

Perfectly clear? Obama lost those seats because of a combination of racism, gerrymandering, healthcare and ONE of the worst recessions in our history. What is Trump's excuse?

Actually, Trump's loss was greater than Obama's house loss due to gerrymandering and other republican crap. Democrats won the 2018 election by about 9%. Obama's dems lost by about 4%. The reason why republicans lost fewer seats was mostly due to gerrymandering.

And yet gerrymandering persists. You have failed to fix it. Is it also used to the benefit of Democrats on certain occasions?

And yet gerrymandering persists. You have failed to fix it. Is it also used to the benefit of Democrats on certain occasions?

It's something to watch out for in 2020. The Dems control either the governorship or the legislature or both in over half of the states now. Their voters need to demand that they do a nonpartisan job of redistricting and, better yet, set that as the rule of law which can't be overridden when 2030 comes along.

Both sides have used it. But the republicans have taken it to a new levels over the last 25 years or so with computers. Now the voting districts are so highly tuned to give the best advantage to the republican. The process is controlled by governships/state houses which remain mostly controlled by republicans.

It's something to watch out for in 2020. The Dems control either the governorship or the legislature or both in over half of the states now. Their voters need to demand that they do a nonpartisan job of redistricting and, better yet, set that as the rule of law which can't be overridden when 2030 comes along.

Not even close buddy! Dems control 12 state governships; 18 state houses. The republicans still control the vast majority. Secondly, if the individual states controlled by dems did set up a nonpartisian redistricting (which I agree with) that creates a situation which further benefits republicans because the republican states won't change.

Not even close buddy! Dems control 12 state governships; 18 state houses. The republicans still control the vast majority. Secondly, if the individual states controlled by dems did set up a nonpartisian redistricting (which I agree with) that creates a situation which further benefits republicans because the republican states won't change.

No, the Republicans control 23. The Democrats control 14 and the rest are split. That means in 27 out of 50 states, they control either the governorship or the legislature. 27 is more than half of 50.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_state_legislatures

No, the Republicans control 23. The Democrats control 14 and the rest are split. That means in 27 out of 50 states, they control either the governorship or the legislature. 27 is more than half of 50.

It's my understanding that changes to the voting districts require a house and governor; and then ratified by the state senate. I know that the process is slightly different in each state. Some have to signed off by individual state supreme courts. Either way, if the dems outlaw gerrymandering in their states (which again I favor) it will lead to even more power by republicans because there will be artificially high amount of republicans in republican controlled states; while democratic controlled states will be fairer to republicans. Republicans have incredible control in our country despite the fact that they are a minority party.

It's my understanding that changes to the voting districts require a house and governor; and then ratified by the state senate. I know that the process is slightly different in each state. Some have to signed off by individual state supreme courts. Either way, if the dems outlaw gerrymandering in their states (which again I favor) it will lead to even more power by republicans because there will be artificially high amount of republicans in republican controlled states; while democratic controlled states will be fairer to republicans. Republicans have incredible control in our country despite the fact that they are a minority party.

Right, but the way to correct that is by having Democrats back nonpartisan districting and using that as a campaign point, as opposed to making things worse by cheating just as hard. The whole gerrymandering thing is dumb and needs to be dumped into the trashbin of history. It's not going to happen in one go, but the steps in that direction need to be started. If the Dems make the decision to be just as bad as the GOP for the sake of short term political calculations, all that's going to do is turn more people off of politics and enshrine control into the hands of the elite few even moreso than is happening now because there's less participation from the general public to counteract them.

There's a difference between doing the same thing as your opponent and being forced to either do the same thing as your opponent or follow the path laid out by your opponent, because your opponent rigged the game.

Good idea. Think they will?

Oh. I guess not.

Good idea. Think they will?

Oh. I guess not.

You illustrate a good point. Democrats like myself favor outlawing gerrymandering even though I know that it would hurt my party. It's the right thing to do. But would it make any differences with firm anti democrats like yourself? I doubt it. This is a big time losing issue for dems....

of course you were!

What was Clinton's excuse for losing almost as many seats in his mid-terms? Trump's excuse would be just as valid as most incumbents lose seats in midterm elections.

What was Clinton's excuse

Whataboutism? What a shock. :rolleyes:

I don't know what his excuse was, but like Obama, Clinton inherited a desperately failing economy, record unemployment and a now quaint $300 billion deficit (hence the winning phrase, "It's the economy, stupid"). And then there was this:

His campaign promise to reform the nation's health care system was soundly defeated. His controversial executive order lifting the ban against homosexuals in the military enraged conservatives and failed to generate significant public support. Clinton's work on behalf of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) split the Democrats, many of whom feared the loss of jobs to Mexico and Canada.

So, what were Trump's failings?

Trump's excuse would be just as valid as most incumbents lose seats in midterm elections.

So what is it? Detail everything Trump failed to accomplish that lead to his routing in the midterms.

I don't know what his excuse was, but like Obama, Clinton inherited a desperately failing economy, record unemployment and a now quaint $300 billion deficit (hence the winning phrase, "It's the economy, stupid"). And then there was this:

His campaign promise to reform the nation's health care system was soundly defeated. His controversial executive order lifting the ban against homosexuals in the military enraged conservatives and failed to generate significant public support. Clinton's work on behalf of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) split the Democrats, many of whom feared the loss of jobs to Mexico and Canada.

Trump's excuse would be just as valid as most incumbents lose seats in midterm elections.

So what is it? Detail everything Trump failed to accomplish that lead to his routing in the midterms.

" Routing? " A loss of approx 30 seats as compared to Obama's 60 seat loss is by far not a " routing!"

- - - Updated - - -

https://gellerreport.com/2018/11/democrat-treason-trial.html/

" Routing? " A loss of approx 30 seats as compared to Obama's 60 seat loss is by far not a " routing!"

- - - Updated - - -

https://gellerreport.com/2018/11/democrat-treason-trial.html/

Do you think that Ivanka should be in prison for using a private e-mail?

Back
Top Bottom