• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Historic US - Russia Meeting

The walk back today, replacing the word "would" with "wouldn't" has GOT to be the most laughably insulting thing I've heard in a long time. Did some staffer ask their 7-year-old what they should do about the resulting shitstorm?

The walk back today, replacing the word "would" with "wouldn't" has GOT to be the most laughably insulting thing I've heard in a long time. Did some staffer ask their 7-year-old what they should do about the resulting shitstorm?

If I remember correctly, conservatives had a field day over Clintons "that depends on what your definition of the word is is". They literally harped on about that for decades. Selective amnesia from the right will commence in 5...4...3...2...1.

So, if Trump said 'would' when he meant 'wouldn't,' is that a secret code? Like the Viet Nam prisoner blinking in morse code, was Trump sending a message?
Is he saying that when Putin said they 'didn't' interfere....?

So, if Trump said 'would' when he meant 'wouldn't,' is that a secret code? Like the Viet Nam prisoner blinking in morse code, was Trump sending a message?

"I meant to say 'Don't launch the missiles.'" (stolen from elsewhere.)

"I meant to say 'Don't launch the missiles.'" (stolen from elsewhere.)
"So, it's opposite day."
"It's NOT opposite day!"
"That means it IS opposite day!"
"No, it doesn't it.. Aaargh! Okay, fine, It IS opposite day!"
"Ha! I knew it!"
"NO!"
"That means yes!"

"...and that's when I shot him, your honor."
"You mean you didn't shoot him."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

But it will work... for now.

I just caught a minute of Rush Limbaugh. Yapping very angrily, loud and fast that it is the Democrats who are treasonous, and not Trump. It was rather pathetic. Trying to spin Trump's disaster as a win.
I have not seen this level of political weirdness since Nixon during the heighth of the Vietnam War. The question is, will this be the point in history where we can point at where Trump lost it and managed long term to take down the GOP with him?

The strange thing to me is, polls post-Helsinki show many Republicans still support Trump. I don't know if it is a case they are not really listening to the news or just don't care.

The Horror! The Horror!

I just caught a minute of Rush Limbaugh. Yapping very angrily, loud and fast that it is the Democrats who are treasonous, and not Trump. It was rather pathetic. Trying to spin Trump's disaster as a win.
I have not seen this level of political weirdness since Nixon during the heighth of the Vietnam War. The question is, will this be the point in history where we can point at where Trump lost it and managed long term to take down the GOP with him?

The strange thing to me is, polls post-Helsinki show many Republicans still support Trump. I don't know if it is a case they are not really listening to the news or just don't care.

The Horror! The Horror!

Trumpsters are in denial.

The Horror! The Horror!

Most Republicans do not care. Marco Rubio spun so fast on this I swear he displayed his own Coriolis effect. Last approval ratings I saw for Trump at Helsinki was 74%! As usual, the real ones to speak out are the ones no longer in the running. The GOP is so terrified of their own base pulling their re-election chances out from under them that they will just watch, chanting "USA!" as we all go tumbling off a cliff together. Pathetic.

The Horror! The Horror!

Denial? Deluded is much more accurate.

So in addition to telling Putin he'd ask his people about giving up our diplomats in exchange for having the fox's buddies look into what happened at the Hen House, we get this:

article said:
The White House said Friday it "is not considering supporting" a Vladimir-Putin-backed call for a referendum in eastern Ukraine in the aftermath of President Donald Trump's meeting with the Russian president.

Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Anatoly Antonov, revealed Friday that the two leaders had discussed the possibility of a referendum in separatist-leaning eastern Ukraine during their Helsinki summit.
:eek:

Apparently, he also said he'd look into whether the US would support Russia taking half of Ukraine... I'm sorry, I mean Eastern Ukraine having a referendum. We shouldn't be surprised. Trump is a monumental lightweight as a politician (human being). But even this seems extraordinarily hard to believe. Granted, when you don't know anything about American policies or general current events around the globe... probably makes it easier to say 'We'll look into it'.

Back
Top Bottom