• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Historic US - Russia Meeting

....All he had to do there was to shut the fuck up ...

Well it's a bit of a shame that he is as able to do that as he is to grow wings and fly around the room then, eh?
Metaphorically, that's what he did. He could have shut up about his disdain for the investigation and hillary, and fall back to the issues Putin outlined for him: Syria, nuclear weapons, soccer, etc.

It's ridiculous how easy it is to poke Trump and make him go off the rails.

Trump humpers do not care. Their priority is the social cultural fight. It's about telling those elites and libtards and faggy commie euro-trash folks off, making them cry, and showing them who's boss. In this respect, Russia IS their ally.

Just heard a recording of a lady calling in to C-SPAN thanking the Russians for meddling and keeping Hillary out of office.

Trump humpers do not care. Their priority is the social cultural fight. It's about telling those elites and libtards and faggy commie euro-trash folks off, making them cry, and showing them who's boss. In this respect, Russia IS their ally.

Just heard a recording of a lady calling in to C-SPAN thanking the Russians for meddling and keeping Hillary out of office.

The entire party is full of traitors. How can democracy survive when half of the electorate thinks treason is a good thing?

And let's not forget that long after Trump is rotting in prison, millions of Trump voters will still be voting, so we know that we're going to get more politicians like Trump for years to come. Mind you, the only way to prevent America from going down the toilet is for millions of conservatives to admit that they were wrong, and if they won't admit they're wrong to save the lives of their own children, what are the chances they'll admit they were wrong to save the country from their own madness?

I want to sell Trump/Iselin 2020 bumper stickers, but fear that the reference might be lost on too many people and it could be mistaken for an endorsement.

I want to sell Trump/Iselin 2020 bumper stickers, but fear that the reference might be lost on too many people and it could be mistaken for an endorsement.

Okay, I'm dense and appropriately embarrassed about it..... Who or what is 'Iselin'?

A quick Google-search brings up 'Iselin, NJ', but I can't figure out the significance.

Okay, I'm dense and appropriately embarrassed about it..... Who or what is 'Iselin'?

A quick Google-search brings up 'Iselin, NJ', but I can't figure out the significance.
This is the spoiler for the movie The Manchurian Candidate.

Iselin was the secretly communist VP running mate of a major Presidential ticket in the movie The Manchurian Candidate.

Trump to speak at 2 PM today. Will he somehow try to iron out the wrinkles he sees (but are actually tears) in the pants of his presidency relative to his Russia Summit, will he continue to malign the press, will he resign (I put it at 20-1), will he pretend to be diplomatic and have his 'this is when he became President... err.... again' moment (4-1), announce something draconian (50-1)?

White House handlers must be in complete hair on fire mode to try and quell the nearly insurmountable damage he did on Monday.

Trump to speak at 2 PM today. Will he somehow try to iron out the wrinkles he sees (but are actually tears) in the pants of his presidency relative to his Russia Summit, will he continue to malign the press, will he resign (I put it at 20-1), will he pretend to be diplomatic and have his 'this is when he became President... err.... again' moment (4-1), announce something draconian (50-1)?

White House handlers must be in complete hair on fire mode to try and quell the nearly insurmountable damage he did on Monday.

Just Monday?

Anyway, my bet is on a carefully crafted speech read off a teleprompter. Crafted by those hair on fire handlers, with strict instructions to follow the script and not answer any questions.

OR...he's going to fire Mueller.

Just Monday?
That is the stated purpose for the Trump speak.

Anyway, my bet is on a carefully crafted speech read off a teleprompter. Crafted by those hair on fire handlers, with strict instructions to follow the script and not answer any questions.

OR...he's going to fire Mueller.
It's going to be impossible to walk back his CIA/FBI bus flinging. I mean he can say that he trusts them, but clearly the greatest damage done was when he applauded Putin's offer to have his folks look over the intel.

I understand the interpreter Bonespurs brought with him is going to be interviewed about what was discussed in that private meeting with Putin.

President Iselin has stated he now accepts the Intelligence Community's assessment that Russians had meddled in the 2016 election. Can't find a link, but Trump is talking right now, don't know if he is taking questions.

My question is, does it matter what he says today? What changed between yesterday and today that brought about his epiphany... other than political pragmatism?

President Iselin has stated he now accepts the Intelligence Community's assessment that Russians had meddled in the 2016 election. Can't find a link, but Trump is talking right now, don't know if he is taking questions.

My question is, does it matter what he says today? What changed between yesterday and today that brought about his epiphany... other than political pragmatism?

Also, what's the assumption that his new position today will be in any way related to his opinions or actions tomorrow?

President Iselin said:
I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there.

The sentence should have been, ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double negative. So you can put that in, and I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.
:worried:

So did people in the room have strokes after that?

I completely believe out intelligence community about Russia meddling in 2016 election. But not completely, could have been someone else. What I meant to say was our Intelligence Community might be right, have no reason to doubt them. Classic double negative thing. I mean, I was pretty unambiguous yesterday, but I hope this clears things up.

That should be enough to put conservatives right back in his corner if they ever left it in the first place.

It's not even paper thin, it's obviously horse shit, and the damage can't be undone or forgotten by rational people.

But these are Trump supporters we're talking about.

The entire party is full of traitors. How can democracy survive when half of the electorate thinks treason is a good thing?

And let's not forget that long after Trump is rotting in prison, millions of Trump voters will still be voting, so we know that we're going to get more politicians like Trump for years to come. Mind you, the only way to prevent America from going down the toilet is for millions of conservatives to admit that they were wrong, and if they won't admit they're wrong to save the lives of their own children, what are the chances they'll admit they were wrong to save the country from their own madness?

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

As much as I hate to point it out, not ALL GOP members are traitors. At least I hope not, because the leading figures active in the Mueller investigation, including Mueller himself, are registered Republicans; members of the GOP. If that investigation is the only thing our democratic process has to hang its hat on, for its own survival, no less, then we had better hope that not ALL Republicans are traitors. If they are, we're screwed.

I heard that very call. That lady is exactly the product the right has been looking for in their investments in the media over the last 20 plus years. We are now at the point where we will see more of this. We will move from "No collusion" to "Collusion was necessary to save the Republic from the libtards."

I heard that very call. That lady is exactly the product the right has been looking for in their investments in the media over the last 20 plus years. We are now at the point where we will see more of this. We will move from "No collusion" to "Collusion was necessary to save the Republic from the libtards."

"We've got to destroy the village to save it."

Back
Top Bottom