• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Historical Jesus

The true Illuminati are almost all Jews. Moses, Christ, Spinoza, Marx: these are the bringers of light to the whole of mankind.

Yeah, books, fuck those things, amirite?
There are lots of books. The bible, Mein Kemph, astrology, UFOs. Bigfoot. Videos too.

A profitable market has evolved feeding the gullible who may want to be led by someone.

It started in the 60s with people wring books with a mix of traditional mysticism and science.

A contemporary example is Deepak Chopra. A degreed MD. He appears on PBS weaving a mix of science and eastern mysticism. People eat it up.

In the 90s he claimed his meditating inadvertently caused an earthquake. Quack quack.

When I go to bed I sometimes listen to Coast To Coast AM on the radio. Pseudo science and mystical mambo jumbo central. George Noory, he succeeded Art Bell. His web site has a dating service for psychics.

Did you know if you put mudrooms in sunlight they will absorb vitamin D from the light?

So yes, there are books and then here are books.

Mark called reigion the opium of the masses. Today it is pop culture filled with books and belifs in psudo science and mystcim.

A mystcal non supernatural Jesus goes far back in history.

Thomas Jefferson put together a bible minus the alleged supernatural events. Jefferson was a Deist common in the 19th century. He believed in a 'higher power' and that he would be reunited with family post death. I read his bio, amazing what you can learn when you read substantive books.

Yep, Jefferson had a pretty good take on Christ. Less so on Spinoza. He opposed Spinoza's identification of God with nature. Jefferson would have benefited from a dose of the Kabbalah. He would have seen that the God of Spinoza is identical with nature, but that means not that God is merely material, but rather that nature is transcendental.

The true Illuminati are almost all Jews. Moses, Christ, Spinoza, Marx: these are the bringers of light to the whole of mankind.
Want to back that up with something?

Because I'm not seeing it.

What I'm seeing is a religious ideologue who thinks that they are so smart and special that we illiterati should shut up and bend a knee.

Because they understand what True Nazis really meant.

Eff you and the whatever you rode in on.
Tom

Something from John Macmurray, Tony Blair's favourite philosopher:

The situation with which Europe is faced is this. At its very centre its most highly organized nation has suddenly turned on the Jews and said, “ You are not the chosen race. We are the chosen race. It is to us, and not to you, that the lords of the isles shall bring tribute. It is you who shall be hewers of wood and drawers of water for us.” It has substituted itself for the Jews, and in consequence it has annexed the essential form of Jewish consciousness. Hitler himself in his speeches seems to be more and more explicitly conscious that he has a divine mission to lead the true chosen people of God into the promised land. He is clearly “ fascinated” by the Jews, and the violence of his expressed loathing for the Jewish race is clearly the expression of an “inferiority complex” in face of it. This in itself would be of little consequence; but what is momentous for the history of the world is the response of the German unconscious to his leadership. It shows how fully the leaven of the Jewish spirit has done its work; and reveals in an almost naked manner that the conscious resistance to Judaism is merely the complementary opposite of its unconscious absorption.

Hitler's fight against the Jews was part of the general absorption of the whole of humanity into Judaism. It's been the same since the days of the Roman Empire.

Psychic anxiety about Jews is what forced Germans like Bruno Bauer and Arthur Drews to develop their fantasies of a mythic, ie. non-Jewish, Christ. Our present-day mythicists are following in these blood-soaked footsteps.

Psychic anxiety about Jews is what forced Germans like Bruno Bauer and Arthur Drews to develop their fantasies of a mythic, ie. non-Jewish, Christ. Our present-day mythicists are following in these blood-soaked footsteps.
Why do you believe this?
Tom

Western civilization is not Jewish.

We trace our roots back to Greece and Rome. The Roman Catholic Church.

In Asia Confucianism has had an influence.

Mid East obviously Islam.

Mods...how about a derail to philosophy.

Skeptic scholastic scientism claims that nothing certain can be known about the New Testament or of Christ. This is pure hogwash. ...
What do you consider reliably known about Jesus Christ and the New Testament, and for what reasons?

At root, it is a jealousy, a hatred of anyone who appears to be great. Everyone must be brought down to the level of the snivelling, dry-as-dust broken person.
???
To do that, we need the help of the great masters, and in particular the great master from Nazareth.
Seems like hero worship.

Obsolete? The battle for spiritual/intellectual emancipation that Christ initiated is nearing the end of its opening phase: the destruction of the global slaver empire is almost complete.
Slaver empire???

Arrogance? "Bow to us!" That is the demand of the scholastic masters.
Like who?

Christ destroyed the slaver empire.
Evidence-free assertion.
As for our scholastic institutions, let's start with their theory of evolution. In the last century and a half this has become unquestionable dogma. So much for their pious slogans of pure skepticism.
No Robots, what do you have difficulties with and why?
  1. Descent with modification
  2. Natural selection
Are you saying that (1) is less than convincing? (2)? Both?

In fact, the theory of evolution is a last-ditch attempt to save slavery. Its race hierarchy validates colonial imperialism. It continues to do its work, legitimizing the massive transfer of cheap labour to the developed nations under the guise of humanitarianism.
Evolutionary biology has nothing to do with justifying slavery and colonial exploitation. Look at US plantation slavery. The plantation owners justified their position by noting that the Bible takes slavery for granted, and also the curse of Ham. Not the meat, but that God had cursed Noah's son Ham and his descendants, saying that they will be subject to Noah's other sons Shem and Japheth, and their descendants. Ham is is the legendary ancestor of Africans, Shem of Middle Easterners, and Japheth of Europeans.

The theory of evolution is intended to legitimize slavery, colonialism, race war, eugenics and the commodification of the biosphere. ... The theory of evolution envisages nothing other than the continued degradation of all life as result of human predation.
What a load of bull doo-doo. Evolutionary biology was developed to account for what we observe in our planet's biota.

The masses have been duped by the scholastics twice: once about Jesus Christ being god, and once about the the theory of evolution. The masses cling to the the theory of evolution because it flatters them without requiring anything of them except allegiance. It is the new opiate of the masses. And just as Marx didn't blame the masses for seeking the comfort of religion, so the masses shouldn't be blamed for seeking the comfort of evolution. Degraded and abused, the masses need to feel that they stand above the rest of nature. Even the lowliest person needs someone or something to piss on.
Evolutionary biology is not some ideological support for some political or social activities. Nobody says that about beliefs about the shape of the Earth, for instance.

You like those? I'm sure you prefer these: "fitness", "competition", "deep time", "advantageous mutation", "descent", "favoured races", "selection". Pure fantasy.
Why are they pure fantasy?

Try the thought experiment of going back in time in a time machine. Trace your ancestors back in time. What would you find?

On divorce, Christ is talking to his own people, telling them that he is commanding them against divorce. ...
Very, very bad teaching. I remember an opponent of divorce who bragged about his parents hated each other, yet refused to get divorced. That's honesty.
On abortion, I condemn it as a practice generally, but I do not condemn those who undergo it. Rather, I condemn those men who drive women to it. If men were to confine their sexual activity to their own wives, abortion would be, to all extents and purposes, completely eliminated.
Doubtful at best. Some people seem to think that married people only practice sex with each other to produce children. But the truth is different. The Majority of Women Seeking Abortion Are Mothers - Motherly - " The latest CDC data show that 60% of abortion patients already have one child."

On divorce, Christ is talking to his own people, telling them that he is commanding them against divorce. ...
Very, very bad teaching. I remember an opponent of divorce who bragged about his parents hated each other, yet refused to get divorced. That's honesty.
On abortion, I condemn it as a practice generally, but I do not condemn those who undergo it. Rather, I condemn those men who drive women to it. If men were to confine their sexual activity to their own wives, abortion would be, to all extents and purposes, completely eliminated.
Doubtful at best. Some people seem to think that married people only practice sex with each other to produce children. But the truth is different. The Majority of Women Seeking Abortion Are Mothers - Motherly - " The latest CDC data show that 60% of abortion patients already have one child."
The commandment against divorce applies not to humanity in general, but to the elect, the body of Christ's devotees. For the spiritual elite, divorce is an indication that something has gone awry, that somehow the commandment to submission, Islam, has been neglected.

I greatly appreciate the link regarding mothers and abortion. I note that it doesn't contrast married versus unmarried. That's a statistical comparison that I would like to see. It's clear from the article, though, that poverty plays a huge part in abortion decision-making. Funny how those conservative fuckers never bring that up. When I say that men are responsible for abortion, it is a specific counter-attack against male conservatives who rail against abortion and terrorize women over it.

Try the thought experiment of going back in time in a time machine. Trace your ancestors back in time. What would you find?

Life forms emerge in an orderly fashion according to a plan. We see this clearly in our own physical development from a single fertilized ovum into a diversified multi-cellular community. We do not say that the liver evolved from the lungs or anything similar. The emergence of hominoids millions of years ago from amongst anthropoids is similar to the emergence of a flowers from amongst leaves. The flower is a modified leaf. It emerges when conditions permit. Likewise, hominoids emerged from amonst anthropoids when conditions permitted. It has nothing whatsoever to do with competition, selection, mutation, descent, fitness or any of the other woo promoted by our witch-doctor biologists.

I'm sure it was you describing your superiority, as Illuminati, over us mere illiterati.

The advent of Homo illuminatus is the next stage in human evolution. Our existing power structures resist this. There is therefore a power struggle between the current powers and the emerging powers. Each individual has a choice as to which side to support.

What do you consider reliably known about Jesus Christ and the New Testament, and for what reasons?

You've been reading my posts for years. You therefore know that I consider the last word on this subject to be Our Christ by Constantin Brunner. This book is now available in full text at the link I provided.

Seems like hero worship.

Hero worship is great. It provides a structure for our growth, like a vine growing up a trellis.

Slaver empire???

Greco-Roman culture is altogether slave-based. Gradually, under the influence of Judaism under the name of Christianity, the slaver empire has given way to the point that we are now at the advent of the worker planet. I suggest you read Macmurray's The Clue to history.

Regardless of who you cite as an authoritative book on the historicity of Jesus, the fact remains there are scant records from the time. You can not get around that.

Authorship of the NT is unknown as is any other references from the times. There are no corroborating contemporaneous accounts of a Jesus as a single individual.

The fact is that the NT does exist. It is a literary artifact. Think of it like the monolith in 2001: A Space odyssey. You are welcome to continue to throw bones at it, like Homo simianthropus. The rest of us are using it to dominate the planet.

Back
Top Bottom