• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hobby Lobby's 401(k) plan invests in contraception manufactures

Yes, the two types of IUDs have been discussed (either earlier in this thread or one of the other almost identical threads). The medical definition of "abortion" is:

Abortion: In medicine, an abortion is the premature exit of the products of conception (the fetus, fetal membranes, and placenta) from the uterus. It is the loss of a pregnancy and does not refer to why that pregnancy was lost.

A spontaneous abortion is the same as a miscarriage. The miscarriage of three or more consecutive pregnancies is termed habitual abortion or recurrent pregnancy loss.
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2091

As such, this statement:
So depending on whether you think that causing the ejection of a fertilized ova counts as abortion... then one type may or may not be considered an abortifacient. But I don't think you can categorically say that IUDs are or are not abortifacients - there's too much room for interpretation.
is simply wrong, as are all those who will impose their factually wrong opinions onto others.
Fair enough. I think you need to allow the fertilized ova to implant in order for a placenta to form. The definition of abortion that you've provided appears to require ejection of a placenta. Which would then make neither IUD an abortifacient. I tried looking up "abortifacient", but honestly I didn't think to look up a medical definition of "abortion".

Lots of people hold the opinion that vaccines cause autism. Shall we allow those people to deny their workers health insurance access to vaccinations for their children?
I don't know what this has to do with anything. It seems a bit irrelevant.

According to Rush Limbaugh, you must be a slut. I know he wouldn't lie. :shrug:

Rush is a repressed puritanical ass. My spouse is quite pleased with my bedroom demeanor.

Rush says women who use contraceptives are sluts. If you disagree with Rush, then you hate our freedom and want the terrorists to win!

Rush is a repressed puritanical ass. My spouse is quite pleased with my bedroom demeanor.

Rush says women who use contraceptives are sluts. If you disagree with Rush, then you hate our freedom and want the terrorists to win!

Or a third alternative for the false dichotomy: I think Rush is a terrorist and I hate him?

Or a third alternative for the false dichotomy: I think Rush is a terrorist and I hate him?

Why do you hate America? ;)

I am secretly an amish mormon islmic jihaadist who worships satan on saturdays and marches against homosexual funerals on sundays while sacrificing chickens to my voodoo gods for the betterment of mankind...

I can't think of any other religiousy bits to cram in there.

Why do you hate America? ;)

I am secretly an amish mormon islmic jihaadist who worships satan on saturdays and marches against homosexual funerals on sundays while sacrificing chickens to my voodoo gods for the betterment of mankind...

As long as you're not a Jew. :D

Or an Islamist! Don't forget that! Or....god forbid! an atheist. :eek:

Or an Islamist! Don't forget that! Or....god forbid! an atheist. :eek:

I got islamic in there... although I see that I misspelled it. Shame that. Apparently an upbringing sans religion has impaired my ability to correctly spell the terms when used ironically...

I did, however, fail to include my zionist leanings. I thought that might push you guys too far ;)

Therianthropy? A belief that you're a wolf, buffalo, bear, some sort of creature trapped in a human's body? A hope that one day you'll master your totem animal and actually change to your true shape, helping you demonstrate to mankind that we're ONE with nature and the animals?

In other words, a Furry, but as a religious stance, not a fetish.

Back
Top Bottom