• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Holy Water

bleubird

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
none
http://www.highexistence.com/water-experiment/
I have a co-worker that thinks this real.He is late 20's has a lot of education in architectural cad.When I bring up the scientific method he said I should be open to the possibilities.
I see a lot of magical thinking in young people.Poor science education?

http://www.highexistence.com/water-experiment/
I have a co-worker that thinks this real.He is late 20's has a lot of education in architectural cad.When I bring up the scientific method he said I should be open to the possibilities.
I see a lot of magical thinking in young people.Poor science education?

They just haven't been beaten over the head with the cynicism of life yet, that's all.

Obligatory joke:
Q. How do you make holy water?
A. Boil the hell out of it.
I had a neutral thief in AD&D.
He carried vials of holy water to fend off the undead. And viles of unholy water to fend off paladins. Every time my GM saw the sheet, he pointed out that i'd made a spelling error. I said it couldn't have anything to do with spelling. Thieves had no spells...

Obligatory joke:
Q. How do you make holy water?
A. Boil the hell out of it.
It works with holey water too, which is part of why God created the pun in the first place. To fuck with naturalists...

hahah. Right as I read the first article, and got to the word "E.Coli", the newscaster said "E.Coli in the water.". Thanks. Holy water indeed. Poop. :D

My wife's brothers once tried putting holy water on their sunburn (from Lourdes, no less, so it should be REALLY holy). They weren't healed.

My mother has a small bottle of holy water. About 25 years ago, I drank some, and predictably, it tasted like normal water and nothing happened.

Then I realised that she might notice the missing water, so I topped it up with tap water.

Since then, I've not heard her complain about the diluted holiness.

Back
Top Bottom