• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

'Home-brewed morphine' made possible

Ban dihydrogen monoxide!

Where does this talk of banning things come from?

In fact talking frankly about the dangers of things is what people who want them available talk about.

If they have any honesty.

Dihydrogen monoxide kills almost half a million people every year. Are you honestly saying you want it readily available?

Where does this talk of banning things come from?

In fact talking frankly about the dangers of things is what people who want them available talk about.

If they have any honesty.

Dihydrogen monoxide kills almost half a million people every year. Are you honestly saying you want it readily available?

It depends.

Is it clean water or polluted water.

Yes polluted water kills people, or water with live organisms in it.

But water alone kills very few. The lack of Dioxygen kills many.

It depends.

It depends.

Is it clean heroin or polluted heroin.

Yes polluted heroin kills people, or heroin with live organisms in it.

But heroin alone kills very few. The lack of Dioxygen kills many.

It depends.

It depends.

This is a drug war supporter myth.

Drug dealers don't willy nilly kill their customers.

Yes many times dealers cut heroin for more profit but they don't cut it with something that kills their customers.

Most heroin deaths are from overdoses, not toxins.

It depends.

Yes many times dealers cut heroin for more profit but they don't cut it with something that kills their customers.

Lol, you need to think about your posts a little bit more, they leave such perfect opportunities... Do you know how people die from a heroin overdose?

Lol, you need to think about your posts a little bit more, they leave such perfect opportunities... Do you know how people die from a heroin overdose?

From clean heroin.

Then why didn't you just say so?

Morphine is not particularly dangerous, and marijuana even less so.

A drug that kills thousands every year is particularly dangerous.

There are seven billion people in the world; more than 55 million of them die every year. Of those, about 5 million deaths are associated with tobacco use. About 1.25 million die in road traffic crashes. According to WHO, the total deaths from overdose from ALL opioids (not just morphine) is only 69,000 per annum.

Smoking is particularly dangerous. Driving is particularly dangerous. Morphine is not particularly dangerous.

From pure heroin... How does it stop people from living?

I'll give you a hint...

Death from heroin overdose is not due to a lack of oxygen.

There is plenty of available oxygen.

It is due to a lack of breathing.

Death due to drowning is not due to a lack of oxygen.

I'll give you a hint...

No there is no AVAILABLE oxygen.

We don't have gills.

Oh for heaven's sake. Narcotics suppress respiration. Death from overdose occurs when the victim simply stops breathing.
Till the medics arrive with naloxone, you can keep an OD victim alive with simple rescue breathing.

Oh for heaven's sake. Narcotics suppress respiration. Death from overdose occurs when the victim simply stops breathing.
Till the medics arrive with naloxone, you can keep an OD victim alive with simple rescue breathing.

Yes, naloxone save lives.

But you can't always keep somebody alive who goes into respiratory failure.

Many times they quickly go into cardiac failure.

And many times people fall into a deep sleep first and their respiratory failure is not noticed, or they are alone.

I'll give you a hint...

We don't have gills.

Our lungs can extract oxygen from water. There are two reasons we can't breathe water, though:

1) The work it would require. The muscles simply aren't strong enough, the lungs aren't built to take the flow and would be damaged.

2) There's not enough oxygen in body-temperature water to sustain us.

I'll give you a hint...

We don't have gills.

Our lungs can extract oxygen from water. There are two reasons we can't breathe water, though:

1) The work it would require. The muscles simply aren't strong enough, the lungs aren't built to take the flow and would be damaged.

What work are you taking about?

There is no work involved in exchanging oxygen with carbon dioxide. The only work done is bringing air in and out of the lungs and moving blood through the lungs. The gas exchange occurs passively.

Available oxygen is oxygen in gas form, not dissolved in liquid. The lungs cannot remove oxygen from liquid. I don't know where you heard that.

I'll give you a hint...

We don't have gills.

There is no work involved in exchanging oxygen with carbon dioxide. The only work done is bringing air in and out of the lungs and moving blood through the lungs. The gas exchange occurs passively.

Available oxygen is oxygen in gas form, not dissolved in liquid. The lungs cannot remove oxygen from liquid. I don't know where you heard that.

Perflurocarbons.

Of course, having been shown to be wrong, again, you will doubtless change your position and claim that only a fool or a pedant would be unable to see that what you really meant was something other than what you said. Again.

You should probably check the accuracy of what you say before saying it; and you should probably also try to avoid logical fallacies. But I am not going to hold my Perflurocarbons.

I'll give you a hint...

We don't have gills.

Perflurocarbons.

Of course, having been shown to be wrong, again, you will doubtless change your position and claim that only a fool or a pedant would be unable to see that what you really meant was something other than what you said. Again.

You should probably check the accuracy of what you say before saying it; and you should probably also try to avoid logical fallacies. But I am not going to hold my Perflurocarbons.

I've never said that anything I say shouldn't be checked.

But the topic was water. Not your diversion.

Perflurocarbons.

You really can't help yourself, can you?

Even after I predicted it, you had to make the claim that you were right, when you made a seven word statement that I just demonstrated to be wrong.

The 'topic' was "Available oxygen is oxygen in gas form, not dissolved in liquid. The lungs cannot remove oxygen from liquid."

You could have simply said "I was wrong". But instead you doubled down on your error.

Or are you claiming that 'in gas form' includes any liquid other than water?

Perflurocarbons.

You really can't help yourself, can you?

Even after I predicted it, you had to make the claim that you were right, when you made a seven word statement that I just demonstrated to be wrong.

The 'topic' was "Available oxygen is oxygen in gas form, not dissolved in liquid. The lungs cannot remove oxygen from liquid."

You could have simply said "I was wrong". But instead you doubled down on your error.

Or are you claiming that 'in gas form' includes any liquid other than water?

After taking enough rope to hang himself, he just... keeps going. Again.

I've fulfilled my quota for the near future. Good luck to all those more patient than I.

Back
Top Bottom