• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Houthis turn pirate

Yes, his answer is Holocaust 2.0. Everyone that is tired of the suffering are all Holocaust 2.0. :rolleyesa:
Because your side keeps seeking "solutions" that result in genocide.
Exactly we all love Holocaust 2.0.

Also, I wasn't aware I had a side. Who is bringing donuts to our Holocaust 2.0 fan club meeting?

Yes, his answer is Holocaust 2.0. Everyone that is tired of the suffering are all Holocaust 2.0. :rolleyesa:

Also, I wasn't aware I had a side. Who is bringing donuts to our Holocaust 2.0 fan club meeting?
You sure keep asking for it. Dead Jews (because they didn't defend themselves) are always superior to dead Palestinians (caught in the conflict.)

You sure keep asking for it. Dead Jews (because they didn't defend themselves) are always superior to dead Palestinians (caught in the conflict.)
Where do you get these fantastically slanderous straw men?

Because you will not accept any solution that leads to dead Palestinian civilians, even though the cost is clearly dead Jews. You're not stupid, you can see what the results would be unless you're willfully blind.

Because you will not accept any solution that leads to dead Palestinian civilians, even though the cost is clearly dead Jews. You're not stupid, you can see what the results would be unless you're willfully blind.
Responding with another fantastically slanderous straw man does not answer the asked question.

When Israel follows your preferred policies, the result is dead Jews but magnitudes more dead Palestinians.

Neither JH or I embrace your estimate of the necessary death and destruction of Palestinians.

Responding with another fantastically slanderous straw man does not answer the asked question.

When Israel follows your preferred policies, the result is dead Jews but magnitudes more dead Palestinians.

Neither JH or I embrace your estimate of the necessary death and destruction of Palestinians.
You can live in the river if you want. I'm going to address this in the other thread.

US Army officer  Billy Mitchell would chuckle at what the Houthi militia has been able to do, along with what the Ukrainian armed forces have been able to do.

He was a champion of military aviation, and he argued that it made big-gun ships obsolete, because they are big and vulnerable and not very well-adapted to fighting back. For half a millennium, navies have been mounting big guns on their ships, and that trend reached its height a century ago. He pissed off a lot of his fellow military commanders, and they eventually court-martialed him for insubordination.

Between WWI and WWII, navies hedged their bets by building both battleships and aircraft carriers, and in WWII, battleships proved to have much less utility than aircraft carriers. Only one was built after that war, and existing ones were only used for shore bombardment, as some were in WWII. There are still plenty of ships in service with plenty of guns, but they are relatively small and fast.

Now even those ships may be vulnerable.

Between WWI and WWII, navies hedged their bets by building both battleships and aircraft carriers, and in WWII, battleships proved to have much less utility than aircraft carriers. Only one was built after that war, and existing ones were only used for shore bombardment, as some were in WWII. There are still plenty of ships in service with plenty of guns, but they are relatively small and fast.

Now even those ships may be vulnerable.
What ships have plenty of guns??

I didn't try looking up every ship, just took the general weapons fit of US Navy cruiser.

Two 5" guns, two Phalanx point defense guns.

Contrast that with the first WWII cruiser whose details I find: 10x 6" guns, 6x 4" guns, 8x 40mm, 8x 20mm and 8 heavy machine guns.

I suspect the two 5" guns pack more punch than all of the big guns on the WWII cruiser, but there is a major lack at the small end of the range. 24 defensive guns on the WWII cruiser, 2 on the modern one--and the magazine depth is terrible. They have about 20 seconds of fire time each. If drones are engaged as they enter effective range the guns can kill at most 40 drones (flight time of the rounds will be pretty close to 1 second)--and that's assuming the first rounds are on target and the system can immediately register a kill. I consider the latter very unlikely--it's not a video game where a dead enemy instantly vanishes.

Back
Top Bottom