• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Houthis turn pirate

I suppose the next step for the international community is to blame Israel and the USA for the suffering of poor Yemenis who can't feed their children.
Tom
No, the strawman arguments start first... thanks for getting the ball rolling.

On the Iran issue, Biden might consider hitting Iran economically rather than militarily. That is, striking Iranian economic targets such as their oil infrastructure. A limited US military strike on Iranian oil infrastructure would hurt Iran immediately and perhaps lastingly by putting a pause on Chinese investment within Iran.

But all the military tit for tat has done little over the years. If Biden strikes Iran's military in some small way it will just be more of the same.
We keep avoiding doing anything meaningful to Iran. Iran is fine with the minor losses of the units actually committed.

I do agree that their oil infrastructure should be the target. Hit them where it hurts. It doesn't move so there's plenty of time to evacuate.
So if we just escalate our response, Iran and the anti-Israeli elements near Israel won't do a damn thing?

It was a start on convincing Iran that we weren't their permanent enemies.
We should be the friends of the Iranian people and permanent enemies of the theocratic regime.
It's like saying we should have entered deals with Nazi Germany to show Hitler et al that we are not their "permanent enemies".
As a reminder, millions died to defeat Hitler.

I suppose the next step for the international community is to blame Israel and the USA for the suffering of poor Yemenis who can't feed their children.
Tom
Which strawman arguments?

The ones where Iranian backed terrorists blow up ships because the ships might be trading with Israel? Because it's God's Will?
Tom

On the Iran issue, Biden might consider hitting Iran economically rather than militarily. That is, striking Iranian economic targets such as their oil infrastructure. A limited US military strike on Iranian oil infrastructure would hurt Iran immediately and perhaps lastingly by putting a pause on Chinese investment within Iran.

But all the military tit for tat has done little over the years. If Biden strikes Iran's military in some small way it will just be more of the same.
We keep avoiding doing anything meaningful to Iran. Iran is fine with the minor losses of the units actually committed.

I do agree that their oil infrastructure should be the target. Hit them where it hurts. It doesn't move so there's plenty of time to evacuate.
So if we just escalate our response, Iran and the anti-Israeli elements near Israel won't do a damn thing?
My first thought is to look to our 75 year old mistake the United States made and start to correct it. More immediately, find a more effective way to stop the terrorizing of innocents doing their job transporting goods and the indiscriminate bombing of Ukrainians.

As a reminder, millions died to defeat Hitler.
Obviously, Hitler should have been allowed to conquer Europe and exterminate the Jews. :rolleyesa:

Otoh, a lot fewer would have died had Hitler been checked when he exceeded him military quota, reoccupied the Rhineland or anschlussed Austria. At the very latest when he invaded Sudetenland (a part of Czechoslovakia).
Appeasement does not work.

I said it before, and I will say it again. Biden's response to Houthi terrorism has been way too timid. Instead of just bombing drones and missiles on the launching pad (which their Daddy Warbucks in Tehran quickly replaces) US should have gone after Houthi forces and leadership. A hellfire missile up Yaya Saree or Abdul-Malik al-Houthi's butts would have ended this nonsense quick.

Tom

The ones where Iranian backed terrorists blow up ships because the ships might be trading with Israel? Because it's God's Will?
Tom
And the ball continues to roll on

Tom

Tom
You're coming to remind me of Swizz.

Why not just post a rolling eyes emoji
Toy

Tom

Tom
You're coming to remind me of Swizz.

Why not just post a rolling eyes emoji
Toy
Because reading is fundamental.

Yeah, the Israelis are the ones that'd be murdered though.
What exactly do you think Iran would do if we actually go hard against Houthis? I do not think they would do that much.
This is supposed to be about making Israel safer.
It would, in the long run. The theocratic regime in Tehran will not give up their goal of killing Jews as long as they are in power.
Also, no one cares about your stick.
I meant the metaphorical stick Teddy Roosevelt was talking about. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Today on "Just how the fuck did you get there?"
You seemed to be implying that defeating Hitler wasn't worth it because "millions died" doing it.
No, I didn't imply that at all. You needed a ton of self created bias to get there.

I said it took millions of deaths to defeat Hitler. Reminding people who seem to be war happy on war with Iran. Iran is not remotely like Iraq, and the scorched Earth response by the Iranian leadership targetting Israel would also be awfully bloody. Yes, we could eliminate the Iranian leadership, but cost would br substantial.

Today on "Just how the fuck did you get there?"
You seemed to be implying that defeating Hitler wasn't worth it because "millions died" doing it.
No, I didn't imply that at all. You needed a ton of self created bias to get there.

I said it took millions of deaths to defeat Hitler. Reminding people who seem to be war happy on war with Iran. Iran is not remotely like Iraq, and the scorched Earth response by the Iranian leadership targetting Israel would also be awfully bloody. Yes, we could eliminate the Iranian leadership, but cost would br substantial.
The cost would be the further entrenchment of Islamic fundamentalism and hatred of America.

The only way that the Iranian leadership can be eliminated without that cost, is for them to be eliminated by the Iranian people.

There are plenty of Iranians who despise the regime; Those Iranians cannot dominate while their own 'deplorables' have a foreign boogeyman to fear - and the Ayatollahs know it.

The cost would be the further entrenchment of Islamic fundamentalism and hatred of America.
You mean, we'd go from 94.6% to 95.2%?*

Sorry, I don't see that as an important change.
We are The Great Satan. We've earned that, unfortunately. Been working on it for decades. I don't think that will change in any time line that isn't described in generations.
Tom

*87.6% of stats on the internet were made up in mid-sentence by the poster.

My first thought is to look to our 75 year old mistake the United States made and start to correct it. More immediately, find a more effective way to stop the terrorizing of innocents doing their job transporting goods and the indiscriminate bombing of Ukrainians.
So your answer is Holocaust 2.0?

Because anything that doesn't leave the Jews in power in Israel is going to cause Holocaust 2.0. (And remember that they're a nuclear power.)

Back
Top Bottom