• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can I become a well known name in the Republican Party in Congress?

*ring* *ring*

Mo:
Hello? Mo's Tavern here.

NightHawkBuzz: Hello. Is there a Walter there?

Mo: Walter Who?

NightHawkBuzz: Walt er some positions you would recommend I have before I run for congress?

The narcissism in these threads is dripping off the table and onto the floor.

The narcissism in these threads is dripping off the table and onto the floor.
Sounds like Congress.
But get real.
You're the one with the mop, dude. Get busy! 🤣
Whose narcissism is more annoying, Buzz’s or everyone else’s?
The desire to become a hard handed authoritarian is pretty disgusting. But mocking such a person when they are demonstrably incapable of ever rising to that level of evil … that’s just embarrassing.
I’m embarrassed for myself and everyone else who has failed to provide the mental health support that is so desperately needed by this poor kid.

He's gotta be leading a boring life. Prank calls are out these days. I'd suggest word search puzzles or a 99 cent fidget spinner.
It is easy.

Go to Mar a Lago and on national TV kneel down and kiss Trump's ass.

It is what house speaker Johnson just did.

He's gotta be leading a boring life. Prank calls are out these days. I'd suggest word search puzzles or a 99 cent fidget spinner.
It is easy.

On snl's Weekend Update last night, Che had a line about Mike J. returning from Mar-a-Lago, "and boy, is his jaw sore."

I would like to know how I can become a well known name in the Republican Party once I get elected to congress?

How can I become a Mike Johnson, Majorie Taylor Green or Kevin McCarthy in the Republican Party?

How can I make sure that people know my name in politics and that I am a figure that is well known in the Republican Party?
Lots and lots of lying, spew some unfounded and stupid conspiracy theories, get a mistress, spout authoritarian religious views, snort coke in your congressional office... The R's will love you. :) Edit: also, display a deep hatred of women! The maga party will not only accept you but they will make you Speaker of the House!

Last edited:
It is easy.

On snl's Weekend Update last night, Che had a line about Mike J. returning from Mar-a-Lago, "and boy, is his jaw sore."
Haven't watched SNL since the 80s. Who or what is Che?

Michael Che is one of the two anchors on Weekend Update. His forte is telling un-PC jokes and then grinning at the audience if they groan.

Michael Che is one of the two anchors on Weekend Update. His forte is telling un-PC jokes and then grinning at the audience if they groan.
I stopped bothering with TV shows decades ago.
But maybe I should reconsider.
Tom

Tom
SNL is a very bumpy ride these days. I dislike most of the cast, although Kenan Thompson elevates everything he's in. And last week, the Ryan Gosling-hosted show was outstanding. You should google the alien abduction cold open and the Beavis and Butthead sketch.

Tom
SNL is a very bumpy ride these days. I dislike most of the cast, although Kenan Thompson elevates everything he's in. And last week, the Ryan Gosling-hosted show was outstanding. You should google the alien abduction cold open and the Beavis and Butthead sketch.
I can't remember the last time I watched an entire episode, let alone "live," but Weekend Update with Colin Jost and Michael Che is (IMO) worth watching.

I highly recommend! The major networks - ABC, CBS, NBC are alarmingly, but not surprisingly, trying sooo hard to be acceptable to "both sides", Trumpist messaging has gone normalized. They rarely describe Trump's election lies as "disproven" or "false" any more. Why risk 35% of your national audience? In the Bible belt, they all sound like FOX! Of course on FOX there are no election lies - just a government run by a senile old man trying to wreck your Country, and a gallant orange knight coming to the rescue. Real storybook stuff.
MSNBC seems to prohibit mention of anything Trump says without letting you know again, that if he said it, it's a lie.

They rarely describe Trump's election lies as "disproven" or "false" any more.

This is why I like NPR. Whenever the election lies come up, they describe them as "the false claims that the election was stolen" or similar such wording.

Shout out to my local NPR station who called out the Arizona GOP's bullshit move on the abortion initiative.

The Cleveland Browns Fans Board has a subforum for politics. Kinda weird, but hilarious to read this thread there. Noticing a pattern...

I'm just looking forward to Nightie's next "Fuck you all I'm gonna kick your ass" post. I reckon it's gonna be wild.

EDIT: Apologies, I meant to type "Fuck you all I'm gonna kick you're ass".
Fuck! Looks like I'll never know...

Back
Top Bottom