• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can this be happening...

But this bullshit about Hillary being the reason Trump got elected is just that: bullshit. .
You had a Democrat candidate who was as Wall Street as they come. So out of touch with ordinary Americans who have suffered long enough.

But yeah...nothing to do with that.:rolleyes:

Jesus, are you trying to now say that Trump isn't Wall Street?? There isn't a single issue that I can think of where Trump isn't far far worse than HRC.

What could the Democrats have done? Really, there's nothing.

Once the Dem "leaders" (DW Schulz et al) failed to heed the evident passion behind Bernie and decided pre-primary to push Clinton forward by whatever means, no matter how dishonest, they were doomed. We can't let some geezer with millions of passionate followers upstage someone, no matter how worn out, who for decades had been the rethuglicans' favorite punching bag - when it was her turn!?
The Dem party beat itself using the same corrupt practices that Trump then used to beat them.

Hillary got more votes and more superdelegates. By a significant margin.

Bernie was a modern-day carpetbagger using the DNC to run for POTUS when he'd done nothing for the organization and had even hurt it in the past. Hillary, as a Democrat, had been First Lady, a Senator, and Secretary of State. She supported the party and raised a metric fuck-ton of money for it.

Of course the DNC was going to support Hillary. It should have supported Hillary. Her record of loyalty to the party, public service, and support warranted that support.

Then a bunch of goddam purity-testing Bernie Bros decided to either stay home, vote third party, or vote for Trump out of spite. The latter is fitting I suppose as that what Trump supporters seem to have primarily voted on: spite.

Well, they showed us, didn't they. Now Trump is POTUS because Bernie Supporters and third party voters just have too much goddamn integrity. That's a goddamn joke.

You had a Democrat candidate who was as Wall Street as they come. So out of touch with ordinary Americans who have suffered long enough.

That's funny. Have you seen Hillary's public service record? Just wiki it.

Now: Donald Trump + his cabinet + in touch with any American Joe.

Again, thanks for the laugh.

Once the Dem "leaders" (DW Schulz et al) failed to heed the evident passion behind Bernie and decided pre-primary to push Clinton forward by whatever means, no matter how dishonest, they were doomed. We can't let some geezer with millions of passionate followers upstage someone, no matter how worn out, who for decades had been the rethuglicans' favorite punching bag - when it was her turn!?
The Dem party beat itself using the same corrupt practices that Trump then used to beat them.

Bernie was a modern-day carpetbagger using the DNC to run for POTUS when he'd done nothing for the organization and had even hurt it in the past. Hillary, as a Democrat, had been First Lady, a Senator, and Secretary of State. She supported the party and raised a metric fuck-ton of money for it.

Of course the DNC was going to support Hillary. It should have supported Hillary. Her record of loyalty to the party, public service, and support warranted that support.

Then a bunch of goddam purity-testing Bernie Bros decided to either stay home, vote third party, or vote for Trump out of spite. The latter is fitting I suppose as that what Trump supporters seem to have primarily voted on: spite.

Well, they showed us, didn't they. Now Trump is POTUS because Bernie Supporters and third party voters just have too much goddamn integrity. That's a goddamn joke.

It's so funny when people try to claim that the Russians had no impact on the election. The Russians created the meme that Sanders got hosed. The entire DNC overlords conspired to screw Bernie. And it's total crap. I think that Bernie did awesome. On his first run, he came from nowhere and got the second most primary votes. That's an awesome achievement. But the majority of dems were more comfortable with the incumbent, HRC. The outsider always has the higher burden to overcome. Always. Obama had more to overcome. I guaranty that the RNC conspired to hold back Trump in the beginning!

The other day Trump said that his rhetoric wrt North Korea is exactly what americans have been wanting to hear and is exactly why he got elected, and so now he's saying it like it is. I think like a lot of people Trump isn't able to distinguish between intellect and emotion.

We're essentially having a second "Missiles of October." We'll see how Trumpty Dumpty handles the situation. Like in Kennedy's day, the fire and brimstone morons will likely lose. This should nicely cost Trumpy the next election.

And anyway, he looks fatter and older and sicker everyday to me.

Yes, yes she did. Which caused Debbie and the other party elites to ignore the obvious public passion for Bernie in favor of reaffirming their support for someone carrying a trainload of baggage, accumulated over decades of rethuglican propaganda. The fact that it was all/mostly lies should not have blinded them to the political reality that Bernie was a more viable candidate.
Sadly, I expect them to make the same mistake next time around.

It should have supported Hillary. Her record of loyalty to the party, public service, and support warranted that support.

"She earned it" doesn't make it okay to nominate someone with no chance of winning.

Then a bunch of goddam purity-testing Bernie Bros decided to either stay home, vote third party, or vote for Trump out of spite.

...which should have been predictable to anyone not blinded by a "Party above all else" ideology and lack of pragmatism. BTW I caucused for Bernie, and saw first hand the bias in the way delegates were assigned. 11 people cacused from my district, 9 voted for Bernie but 43% of the delegates went to HRC.

But this bullshit about Hillary being the reason Trump got elected is just that: bullshit. .

But yeah...nothing to do with that.:rolleyes:
And some of the anti-Wall Street electorate was dumb enough to believe that a born-rich businessman New Yorker Trump:greedy_dollars: wasn't Wall Street.:rolleyes::realitycheck:

Last edited:
How can this be happening?
two reasons:

1. because the political establishment (including elected career politicians and their general malaise of workers surrounding them, and the political news body) convinced a bunch of simpering fuckwits that "really we're all the same and there's no real difference between democrats and republicans and all this divisiveness is just because of the internet" and so weak minded liberal sheep bought into the narrative there was no difference between clinton and trump, refused to vote, and let trump win because of it.

2. because conservatives really are this insanely pants-on-head retarded, and no amount of hemming or hawing or equivocating can mitigate that fact.
if you ever doubted whether there is a serious political and cultural divide in the US between liberal and democratic political structures and the kind of batshit lunatic jesus freak oligarchy the right wants to implement, just look at trump and look at who's supporting him (ie, every single person on the right), and that's all the evidence you need that "the right" truly is a diseased mindset.

At the end of the day, Clinton couldn't even go after Trump for his denigration of women. ...because she was married to the same type of guy and stood behind him and even defended his actions against the latest accusations. Clinton was a terrible candidate with nothing new to offer.

It should have supported Hillary. Her record of loyalty to the party, public service, and support warranted that support.

"She earned it" doesn't make it okay to nominate someone with no chance of winning.

Huh? She got three million more votes than her opponent.

Clinton was a terrible candidate with nothing new to offer.
actually clinton was an amazing candidate with a lot to offer, the problem is that none of it was the kind of bloviating "nothing was accomplished but by god i screamed a lot" utter crap that sanders was good at and which the leftist zeitgeist was all horny over in the summer before the election.

this is the problem with politics in the US and a lesson which political establishments (and the media) don't seem to be able to learn:
nothing good comes out of trying to cater to your demographic fringe groups.
when the right does it they splinter their party, fracturing the normal lock-step unquestioning voting bloc loyalty that is their whole trademark.
when the left does it the fringe groups gets indignant about not being pandered to and go pout in a corner until republicans are elected president and utterly fuck the country over.

this cycle has repeated itself at least 3 times in my lifetime and it never ceases to just blow my mind that almost none of you see it.

Clinton was a terrible candidate with nothing new to offer.
actually clinton was an amazing candidate with a lot to offer, the problem is that none of it was the kind of bloviating "nothing was accomplished but by god i screamed a lot" utter crap that sanders was good at and which the leftist zeitgeist was all horny over in the summer before the election.

this is the problem with politics in the US and a lesson which political establishments (and the media) don't seem to be able to learn:
nothing good comes out of trying to cater to your demographic fringe groups.
when the right does it they splinter their party, fracturing the normal lock-step unquestioning voting bloc loyalty that is their whole trademark.
when the left does it the fringe groups gets indignant about not being pandered to and go pout in a corner until republicans are elected president and utterly fuck the country over.

this cycle has repeated itself at least 3 times in my lifetime and it never ceases to just blow my mind that almost none of you see it.

Right, amazing candidate...lol.

Yes, yes she did. Which caused Debbie and the other party elites to ignore the obvious public passion for Bernie in favor of reaffirming their support for someone carrying a trainload of baggage, accumulated over decades of rethuglican propaganda. The fact that it was all/mostly lies should not have blinded them to the political reality that Bernie was a more viable candidate.

Then a bunch of goddam purity-testing Bernie Bros decided to either stay home, vote third party, or vote for Trump out of spite.

...which should have been predictable to anyone not blinded by a "Party above all else" ideology and lack of pragmatism. BTW I caucused for Bernie, and saw first hand the bias in the way delegates were assigned. 11 people cacused from my district, 9 voted for Bernie but 43% of the delegates went to HRC.

I'm sorry but this is Russian/Conservative garbage.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ald-trump-bernie-sanders-wouldnt-have-won-ev/

What you are really saying is that the super delegates should have voted against the popular vote and elected the "more viable" candidate.

I'm sorry but this is Russian/Conservative garbage.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ald-trump-bernie-sanders-wouldnt-have-won-ev/

What you are really saying is that the super delegates should have voted against the popular vote and elected the "more viable" candidate.

There's also the painful fact that these people chose Trump over Hillary. There's no excuse for that.

But whatever. Just like Naderites, who to this day won't admit how badly they fucked us all, it's all academic. That is, unless you count the hundreds of thousands of dead and trillions of dollars wasted by Bush/Cheney.

Surely though, there won't be any consequences from a Trump presidency.

Seriously, Harry - do you think that's what I am saying? No, it's not what I am saying. I am saying that The Party should have recognized early on that they had a slam-dunk victory in hand if they had backed Bernie. Instead they smugly assumed that they could get HRC elected, and thereby not risk pissing off wall street, Big Oil, Big Pharma et al.
They not only failed to recognize the passion behind Bernie, they also failed to recognize the passion of the Neo-Nazi racists who were backing Trump. And there is little sign that what the American populace is passionate about will be considered in their future plans.

There's also the painful fact that these people chose Trump over Hillary. There's no excuse for that.

Agreed - that is the most shameful fact. After going to caucus for Bernie, I held my nose and voted for HRC. Never considered abstaining - let alone voting for a known fraud/liar/hypocrite/puppet. I can't fathom what would drive people to do so, unless they are somehow mentally disabled to the point where they are unable to read even the most basic character traits of another person.

And there is little sign that what the American populace is passionate about will be considered in their future plans.
Well, no.
Our elites are certain that it's the natural order of things that THEY tell US what we're to be passionate about. They hate it when we go off script.

Back
Top Bottom