• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do politicians make sure they accomplish what they set out to when they are in politics?

NightHawkBuzz

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Republican
I would like to know how politicians make sure they set out to accomplish what they want when they are in politics. Like some of my top goals are below how can a politician make sure they accomplish these?

These are some of my top goals are below. How can a politician make sure they have the best chance of accomplishing these goals.

1. Passing a law that men and women are the only genders recognized by the U.S government
2. A nationwide "don't say gay bill"
3. Overturning same sex marriage
4. Banning gender affirming care
5. Stopping illegal immigration
6. Overturning the law that made same sex relationships legal
7. Banning transgender athletes from playing sports.
8. Mass deportation of migrants.

Last edited:
Your goals mostly suck. Criminalizing same sex relationships?
Making criminals of tens of millions of people? A nationwide
Don't say gay bill? You do not believe in 1st amendment rights then?
making same sex marriage illegal?

What state to you expect to inflict yourself on?

Please do not feed.

I misstated what I meant, what I meant was overturning the law that made same sex relationships legal not criminalizing same sex relationships.

I think once I do get elected I can get it done though at least some of these.

Seeing as Republicans actually set out to accomplish nothing, sitting on your hands would do just fine.

You don't belong in political office anyway, Marge.

I misstated what I meant, what I meant was overturning the law that made same sex relationships legal not criminalizing same sex relationships.
Why? Why do you find that a worthy goal?

If you could explain that to this crowd, instead of just people who already agree with you, you'd have accomplished something.
Tom

You could just create a Super PAC and fund a lot more people to make this all a glorious alt-right reality. And then realize that the world's ills weren't cause by any of that shit and life just isn't easy, as a general rule.

Why should you be trusted to run government if you don't even realize it wasn't a "law" that was passed that made Same Sex marriage a thing in the US? It was a ruling by a court regarding the rights protected under the Constitution that did.

This is really simple stuff that you should understand before thinking about running for office.

Why should you be trusted to run government if you don't even realize it wasn't a "law" that was passed that made Same Sex marriage a thing in the US? It was a ruling by a court regarding the rights protected under the Constitution that did.

This is really simple stuff that you should understand before thinking about running for office.
I'm sure a couple of posters in other threads recommended taking some basic classes in civics, law, and political theory. It doesn't appear that the OP is particularly interested in doing the job well, he just wants the perks.
Tom

Seeing as Republicans actually set out to accomplish nothing, sitting on your hands would do just fine.

Your opinion doesn't matter anyway. I'm still gonna run for office and do all these things anyway and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Your opinion doesn't matter anyway. I'm still gonna run for office and do all these things anyway and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
They could move to your district and switch party affiliations to vote against you in the primary and you'd never know. :codeninja:

I would like to know how politicians make sure they set out to accomplish what they want when they are in politics. Like some of my top goals are below how can a politician make sure they accomplish these?

These are some of my top goals are below. How can a politician make sure they have the best chance of accomplishing these goals.

1. Passing a law that men and women are the only genders recognized by the U.S government
5. Stopping illegal immigration
8. Mass deportation of migrants.
Is this a bad joke? If not, your goals and beliefs are disgusting.

They could move to your district and switch party affiliations to vote against you in the primary and you'd never know. :codeninja:
They don't even know which district I am or even what state I'm in so all of that doesn't even matter.

You ain’t gonna do shit, Buzz. Gay marriage is here to say. Sex and gender are bimodal, not binary. Illegal immigration is actually encouraged by your party, for industry to exploit as cheap labor. You’re so clueless you don’t even know that gay marriage did not come about by law, but by Supreme Court order.

Before you go the whole anti-queer route, you might want to familiarize yourself with why Mike Pence's gubernatorial election chances were trashed so badly that he joined the Trump team back when it looked hopeless.
Tom

You ain’t gonna do shit, Buzz. Gay marriage is here to say. Sex and gender are bimodal, not binary. Illegal immigration is actually encouraged by your party, for industry to exploit as cheap labor. You’re so clueless you don’t even know that gay marriage did not come about by law, but by Supreme Court order.
You aren't gonna do anything. You are so clueless that you don't realize you can't shit and your not gonna ever stop me from running. I am gonna run and implement my plans and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

First, let me make sure you understand what you've written.

A nationwide "don't say gay bill"

You mean law as opposed to merely a bill. You want a bill that passes into a law.

Overturning the law that made same sex relationships legal

So you want to criminalize homosexuality? A lot of Christians would want that if there were no secular or liberal people in the country to change ideas we have in our culture. What exactly do you want to do to people who have gay sex, stone them like in the Bible or nothing like Jesus would do?

Mass deportation of migrants.

So anyone who wasn't born in the US? How far do you want to go back? I mean, let's say they've been here 20 years and have a baby born here. Do you want to kick out the parents and leave the baby? What if they are rich Republicans who own businesses and are therefore job creators? How about Dear Leader Trump's mom? She was a migrant from Scotland and died in 2000. Suppose this was 1999, would you want to give her the boot? Or suppose the year was when Hair Furor was born. Would you have wanted to kick her out and the deranged baby or just her? How about Melania Trump, do you want to give her the boot?

I would like to know how politicians make sure they set out to accomplish what they want when they are in politics.
They don't. Politicians almost never accomplish the goals that were the reason they got into it in the first place. Their focus gradually shifts from the hard-to-attain original to getting reelected, or new possibilities present themselves, or power becomes an end in itself. Even the rare incorruptible politician gets slapped in the face by reality -- I know a guy who ran for city council because he wanted to solve the city's awful parking situation, but when he actually got himself elected he found he had to spend practically every minute staving off bankruptcy.

Like some of my top goals are below how can a politician make sure they accomplish these?

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel you're entitled to do any of those things? Which of the powers that the Constitution enumerates as delegated to the federal government, by the States, do you think authorizes the federal government to do them? Do you perhaps think saying "gay", or marrying a person of the same sex, or performing surgery and giving a person hormones, or playing sports, qualifies as "interstate commerce"?!? Or do you perhaps think when we fought a Revolution and kicked out the redcoats, all we wanted was to be ruled by a different gang of Members of Parliament with unlimited power?

That law was the 14th Amendment. Overturning it will take another Constitutional Amendment. As a Congressman you can't do anything to make sure you accomplish that -- the most you can do is propose it to the States. It will be up to them -- you need 38 States to ratify it. The last time anybody has gotten the States to change the Constitution was over thirty years ago, and even though that change was a measure nearly everybody in America was in favor of, it still took 202 years.

You aren't gonna do anything. You are so clueless that you don't realize you can't shit and your not gonna ever stop me from running. I am gonna run and implement my plans and there is NOTHING you can do about it.
Running in an election, winning an election, getting one's goals into legislation, getting the legislation enacted into law, and preventing legislation from being overturned by the courts are 5 distinctly different activities. Regardless of what Congressional district (or Senate seat) ou you run for, there is plenty people in this forum can do to try to frustrate your efforts to get legislation introduced, passed, enacted and judged constitutional.

Back
Top Bottom