• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do you solve a problem like Syria?

Apparently this video is not available in the USA, but perhaps you'd like to point out which parts of it are bullshit?

https://www.facebook.com/ronaldhintonoside/videos/433698610152038/

How are we supposed to critique a video that doesn't seem to be available anywhere? I tried it from multiple breakaway Russian republics, it was still blocked.
I had no trouble in Australia. I guess you are experiencing censorship over there.

The video has the title PUTIN EXPLAINS WHO SUPPORTS ISIS

How are we supposed to critique a video that doesn't seem to be available anywhere? I tried it from multiple breakaway Russian republics, it was still blocked.
I had no trouble in Australia. I guess you are experiencing censorship over there.

I got a "video unavailable" message at first, then I disabled noscript, and then there was no problem. So, I doubt location is the problem.

In any case, one can search for that title and find it elsewhere (i.e., not on facebook).

I got a "video unavailable" message at first, then I disabled noscript, and then there was no problem. So, I doubt location is the problem.

In any case, one can search for that title and find it elsewhere (i.e., not on facebook).

It looks like we are a little bit better off in the U.S. The link worked fine for me. What Putin said is true..about the forces in the ME being mercenaries and fighting for whoever pays them the most. I find Putin not the slickest of people, but on this issue, he does make sense.

This is isn't going to end anytime soon.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxZfP1fC_I[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, the fact that ISIS was selling oil (I wonder to whom) l and paying salaries to their "fighters" is well known, and US was not doing anything about it for some reason.

Yeah, the fact that ISIS was selling oil (I wonder to whom)for some reason.

One cursory look at the map will tell you to whom the oil is sold.

After all, selling huge quantities of crude is rather conspicuous and very easy to spot.

Unlike conflict diamonds which are virtually impossible to control, crude smuggling can be stopped overnight by the west.

Regardless of the propaganda of Putin, he has a valid point wondering why US allows Isis to plunder Iraqs and Syrias crude and to export it to Turkey.

Yeah, the fact that ISIS was selling oil /snip/ and US was not doing anything about it for some reason.

Another one wondering the same.

Simple math.

Say Isis manages to sell the crude at 40 US per barrel.
Say they make 75 percent profit per barrel (not likely) That is .2 dollar profit per liter of crude.

They need a convoy of trucks to drive it to Turkey and can load 20.000 liter of oil per truck.
That is a maximum profit of 4.000 dollar per truck. More likely 1.000 dollar.

To get somewhere and make money allowing you to wage war, pay soldiers, ammo and weapons, you need LOTS of convoys and trucks.

That’s a sitting duck supply chain for anybody controlling the airspace.

One A10 (or similar) backed up with intel from a drone can stop overnight all convoys of looted crude oil.
Cheap and effective and no need for multi million dollar F16 and expensive ordnance.

So any idea why the West did not cut off Isis from their income ?

Oh and no collateral damage

Mosul - Dohuk road goes through the mountains and there are enough isolated places where a convoy can be destroyed without any damage to villagers.

After a few hits, I guess Daesh will find it hard to find volunteers to drive the tankers to Turkey.

Yeah, the fact that ISIS was selling oil /snip/ and US was not doing anything about it for some reason.

Simple math.

Say they make 75 percent profit per barrel (not likely) That is .2 dollar profit per liter of crude.

They need a convoy of trucks to drive it to Turkey and can load 20.000 liter of oil per truck.

To get somewhere and make money allowing you to wage war, pay soldiers, ammo and weapons, you need LOTS of convoys and trucks.

One A10 (or similar) backed up with intel from a drone can stop overnight all convoys of looted crude oil.
Cheap and effective and no need for multi million dollar F16 and expensive ordnance.

Where is your evidence they are making income? The west bombed their oil pumps and refineries.

Where is your evidence they are making income? The west bombed their oil pumps and refineries.
The U.S. government is offering money to those who can help them stop ISIS's oil business.

https://www.rewardsforjustice.net/english/trafficking_oil_and_antiquities.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/is...ment-offers-5-million-reward-isis-oil-n435846

The U.S. government is offering a $5 million reward for information that will help hit ISIS where it hurts: its finances.

The State Department on Tuesday began asking the public for tips to "disrupt" the terrorist group's trade of oil and trafficking of antiquities — a significant source of its operations.

The U.S. government is offering money to those who can help them stop ISIS's oil business.

https://www.rewardsforjustice.net/english/trafficking_oil_and_antiquities.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/is...ment-offers-5-million-reward-isis-oil-n435846

The U.S. government is offering a $5 million reward for information that will help hit ISIS where it hurts: its finances.

The State Department on Tuesday began asking the public for tips to "disrupt" the terrorist group's trade of oil and trafficking of antiquities — a significant source of its operations.
To me this sounds suspiciously like trying to get rid of a rat problem by offering a reward for dead rats.

Where is your evidence they are making income?
The west bombed their oil pumps and refineries.

You are right.
I have none except of what has been reported by various European and Arabic sources.

I understood Daesh gets his finances from oil smuggle (crude or refined) extorsion, donations, selling of antiques, ransom.
But no, I have no proof of that.
Still wondering where their money is coming from. Warfare isnt cheap.

Did you not notice that I tried it from various countries in your part of the world and got the same result?

It's working now in the US--and I find it's Putin spouting nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple math.

Target identification.

Civilians Are Voluntarily Being Used As Shields and Don't Deserve to Be Legally Protected

The rabid Arab rabble are a useless and dangerous race that only crying girlymen care about it. Muzzies killing Muzzies; that's as good as it gets. And Syria is the best garbage disposal on Earth.

When Jihadists kill Jihadists that's a good thing but there are a lot of noncombatants getting caught in the crossfire.

Despite the air-conditioned ethics of the Geneva Convention, there are no non-combatants in a combat zone. It is a national emergency and everybody must take a side in determining the nation's future.

Simple math.

ISIS is being financed by Saudi Arabia and Turkey. That's what we get from having Muslim allies.

Target identification.

Hi Loren

From the above , I take it that the West, using drones and sat-intel, cant be certain that that particular convoy of tankers, in the mountains, driving from Isis territory towards Turkey (only one road through the mountains) cant be identified as hostiles moving oil. They might transport what ?
Mineral water ? Beer ?

Keep in mind you are talking here hundreds of tankers.

If so, what stops the West from destroying the roads and cutting supply lines of Daesh ?

War is logistics FIRST. Getting the hardware fast to the place where its needed.
How difficult can it be to destroy supply lines of Daesh ?

From what I read, that is exactly what Russia will do. Destroying supply lines of all groups opposing Assad.

IMO a lot more effective than wasting a 100K dollar Hellfire engine shot from a 35K Dollar per hour fighter jet to destroy a Toyota Landcruiser Pickup Model 1998 with a 50 cal mounted in the back, manned by two expendable suicide candidates

Unless the aim is to train your pilots, find justification for keeping multi million dollar F planes in Europe and selling new ones to Iraq. In which case : mission accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom