• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do you solve a problem like Syria?

Russia is not trying to "fix" the middle east. They have had Syria as an ally since at least 1946. Thry have had enough of America formenting war on their doorstep and with their allies.

America is bent on global hegemony. Russia has no such dreams at the present. They are protecting their interests in Syria as they did in Crimea. But protecting their interests should not be confused with "trying to fix the middle east"

The difference between you and I is simple: you believe the bullshit that the Russian government says; whereas I don't believe the bullshit that my government says.

Do you have any evidence that Russia is trying to fix the middle east rather than merely protect it's interests?

Russia is not trying to "fix" the middle east. They have had Syria as an ally since at least 1946. Thry have had enough of America formenting war on their doorstep and with their allies.

America is bent on global hegemony. Russia has no such dreams at the present. They are protecting their interests in Syria as they did in Crimea. But protecting their interests should not be confused with "trying to fix the middle east"

The difference between you and I is simple: you believe the bullshit that the Russian government says; whereas I don't believe the bullshit that my government says.

Apparently this video is not available in the USA, but perhaps you'd like to point out which parts of it are bullshit?

https://www.facebook.com/ronaldhintonoside/videos/433698610152038/

Sorry but the Russians who think that they can fix the ME are just as delusional as the Americans who think they can.

So they let Assad get battered for 4 years and lose 60%+ of his territory and half the people and only now decide to step in? Some alliance.

So they let Assad get battered for 4 years and lose 60%+ of his territory and half the people and only now decide to step in? Some alliance.
What can I say, US and EU forced Putin to behave initially.
But Russia did give Assad weapons. And Assad was not asking for direct involvement, he did not ask even his closer (than Russia) allies iranians for direct involvement. Now it appears both Iran and Russia are going to be directly involved, plus Iraq.

What? Decadent West cannot force Mighty Putin to do anything! Dedicated Russians must report your disloyalty to Moscow. Your monthly check will be held back until you demonstrate further devotion to glorious Putin leadership!

It might be hard to understand coming from a nation whose foreign policy knows no restraint and only violence.

It might be hard to understand coming from a nation whose foreign policy knows no restraint and only violence.

Hmm, so helping an ally right when they are attacked means no restraint and knowing only violence? Orwell would be proud.

Better to be a nation that sends thousands of soldiers on "vacation" into a neighboring country that just happens to have a violent revolution underway that just happens to need some heavy weapons...and lo and behold, the soldiers took their tanks and missile launchers on holiday!

But Russia did give Assad weapons. And Assad was not asking for direct involvement, he did not ask even his closer (than Russia) allies iranians for direct involvement. Now it appears both Iran and Russia are going to be directly involved, plus Iraq.
That's bullshit. Iran was involved from the start.

That's bullshit. Iran was involved from the start.
Iran was involved at low level, same as Russia

Iran was involved at low level, same as Russia

Well to be fair, Russia was never involved in anything. They're eternally innocent. Putin is a peaceful man who likes horses and flowers.

But he will valiantly fight the "terrorists" when innocent governments request the help. Noble white knight that he is.

What say you?
How do solve a problem like Syria?
America can't. Russia may be able to help, but...in reality they will solve it themselves i seems.
Prefessor Sabah Alnasseri, York University is a native of Basra in Iraq. He has some hopeful things to say towards the end of this interview. mainly WRT Iraq but also Syria
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Go5vYcrwlOM[/YOUTUBE]

Hmm, so helping an ally right when they are attacked means no restraint and knowing only violence? Orwell would be proud.
No. Which ally were you helping when you lied about WMD and illegally invaded Iraq resulting in over 1 million people dead,and installed a government so corrupt that ISIS came to be?
Oh. that's right you were going after Al Qaeda, even though Al Qaeda wasn't in iraq.
Yes great restraint.
Which ally were you helping? Israel?

No. Which ally were you helping when you lied about WMD and illegally invaded Iraq resulting in over 1 million people dead,and installed a government so corrupt that ISIS came to be?
Oh. that's right you were going after Al Qaeda, even though Al Qaeda wasn't in iraq.
Yes great restraint.

Deflecting and changing the subject... I see, a man who has no rebuttal.

- - - Updated - - -

What say you?
America can't. Russia may be able to help, but...in reality they will solve it themselves i seems.
Prefessor Sabah Alnasseri, York University is a native of Basra in Iraq. He has some hopeful things to say towards the end of this interview. mainly WRT Iraq but also Syria

"They will solve it"

ROFL

Yes great restraint.

Deflecting and changing the subject... I see, a man who has no rebuttal.
You must have your wires crossed...but it's not worth going into, so I'll leave it

- - - Updated - - -

What say you?

"They will solve it"

ROFL

Well that's how certain Americans respond to a lot of things. They think they are the exceptional country, and the source of all good.. But what America has fucked up, the Syrian people have the best chance of repairing. This may sound strange to you...but I can't really help you understand that i don't think.
However that is what the professor is saying ...but I'll leave you to actually watch the interview before you respond this time...or remain ignorant if you desire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/flavi...207150.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good News
I asked if there was anything the West could do to help. "Stop supporting the opposition, stop supporting armed groups in Syria," was a recurring answer.
2015-09-28-1443451944-983620-flavius12.jpg

Noose News

Russia is trying to encircle its traditional enemy, Turkey. Even further developed is the Shiite encirclement of Mecca, which they want to take away from Sunni Saudi Arabia.

The rabid Arab rabble are a useless and dangerous race that only crying girlymen care about it. Muzzies killing Muzzies; that's as good as it gets. And Syria is the best garbage disposal on Earth.

"Rabid Arab" isn't a race in the first place.

When Jihadists kill Jihadists that's a good thing but there are a lot of noncombatants getting caught in the crossfire.

Apparently this video is not available in the USA, but perhaps you'd like to point out which parts of it are bullshit?

https://www.facebook.com/ronaldhintonoside/videos/433698610152038/

How are we supposed to critique a video that doesn't seem to be available anywhere? I tried it from multiple breakaway Russian republics, it was still blocked.

Back
Top Bottom