• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do you solve a problem like Syria?

ISIS is simply the current form of Tawhid wal-Jihad, which was created in 1999 with the original intention of overthrowing the Jordanian monarchy. The Islamist have been around for a long time and their top target, other than hating Israel, is the Arab dictatorships because these are viewed as impeding a return of the caliphate. The rise of the Islamists is arguable due more to the failure of pan-Arabism to dislodge Israel than any meddling by the West.

As I said before. Americans don't mind bombing places, bombing weddings, invading countries based on lies, destabilizing, but won't take any responsibility for it what it leads to

Do non-Americans have to take responsibility for any of their actions or omissions, or is America always the only one responsible and at fault? Do you presume the people of the middle east just can't help to act the way the do and ought to be held to a lower standard?

Without the illegal invasion of Iraq based on lies, there is no ISIS. ISIS formed in Iraq not Syria.

ISIS is simply the current form of Tawhid wal-Jihad, which was created in 1999 with the original intention of overthrowing the Jordanian monarchy. The Islamist have been around for a long time and their top target, other than hating Israel, is the Arab dictatorships because these are viewed as impeding a return of the caliphate. The rise of the Islamists is arguable due more to the failure of pan-Arabism to dislodge Israel than any meddling by the West.

Israel has been the West's way of meddling in the middle east. Every time Israel attacks Gaza, they fly in F-16's straight from America. They drop cluster bombs and fire missiles all made in America. The "Iron Dome" is not an Israeli invention. It came straight from America. The thing I saw happening was that Syria was for decades, about the only stable non western entity in the ME. But when its neighbors started to fall apart and the CIA infiltrated Syria proper and started arming people against their government, then suddenly we hear about Assad killing "his own people."

Americans seem to believe that any regime that denies the U.S. absolute power of their separate country should be changed and starts undermining it with covert action. That is clearly the case in Venezuela and in Syria. War (if you call murdering civilians in their homes) is always profitable for Americans military industries.

As I said before. Americans don't mind bombing places, bombing weddings, invading countries based on lies, destabilizing, but won't take any responsibility for it what it leads to

Do non-Americans have to take responsibility for any of their actions or omissions, or is America always the only one responsible and at fault? Do you presume the people of the middle east just can't help to act the way the do and ought to be held to a lower standard?

Of course they do, but I was replying to you who are American (aren't you?) and are trying to avoid responsibility for america

This is part of tupac's MO. Whenever someone mentions Russia doing something questionable in the world, he tries to change the subject to America's questionable activities. It is a dodge by an apologist, nothing more.

Of course they do, but I was replying to you who are American (aren't you?) and are trying to avoid responsibility for america

VIETNAM WAR...excess of 2M vietnamese casualties. Iraq > 1M. Libya ? Afghanistan thousands of casualties...mostly civilian. What our country does world wide makes 911 look like a Sunday picnic. We have no business deciding what other people half way around the world deserve...especially when we decide they should be killed. Anyway, we did our own 911 in Chile years before New York. We simply have no grasp on any claim of innocence.

We need to start being innocent. It just takes us stopping all our abominable killing people all over the globe for whatever lying reason some arms advocate chooses to use to justify it. We need to deal with OUR ENVIRONMENT and OUR SOCIAL PROBLEMS. Show me some sincere efforts there and I will believe in this country again...otherwise all we seem to do is drift from lie and crime to another lie and crime.

As I said before. Americans (or some of them) don't mind bombing places, bombing weddings, invading countries based on lies, destabilizing, but won't take any responsibility for it what it leads to
Agreed. We should be more like the Russians and avoid military conflict and respect borders!!

As I said before. Americans (or some of them) don't mind bombing places, bombing weddings, invading countries based on lies, destabilizing, but won't take any responsibility for it what it leads to
Agreed. We should be more like the Russians and avoid military conflict and respect borders!!

Maybe Russian soldiers could be encouraged to take a "vacation" in Syria? Like all Russian soldiers they could bring their tanks, anti-aircraft missiles, and other heavy weaponry along on vacation...you know...just in case!

I mean, I hear Russian soldiers had a great time in Eastern Ukraine.

Maybe Russian soldiers could be encouraged to take a "vacation" in Syria? Like all Russian soldiers they could bring their tanks, anti-aircraft missiles, and other heavy weaponry along on vacation...you know...just in case!

I mean, I hear Russian soldiers had a great time in Eastern Ukraine.

Those aren't Russian soldiers, they are little green men!

Yes, you should, maybe Iraq and Syria was not such a mess it is now.

This is part of tupac's MO. Whenever someone mentions Russia doing something questionable in the world, he tries to change the subject to America's questionable activities. It is a dodge by an apologist, nothing more.

Are Russians from the middle east??

Considering that it was the rebellion against Assad that created conditions for ISIS to form in the first place, I think that's kind of a moot point.
Without the illegal invasion of Iraq based on lies, there is no ISIS. ISIS formed in Iraq not Syria, and is directly related to the mess in Iraq.
America has been destabilizing Syria and arming "terrorist " groups there and it is this that allowed ISIS to get established htere
really don't know how that can be denied

Without the illegal invasion of Iraq based on lies, there is no ISIS. ISIS formed in Iraq not Syria, and is directly related to the mess in Iraq.
America has been destabilizing Syria and arming "terrorist " groups there and it is this that allowed ISIS to get established htere
really don't know how that can be denied

I wouldn't deny it, but it's simplistic. The Syrian civil war had a little something to do with it, too. Would Saddam have helped Assad?

Islam Must Be Destroyed

The Syrian civil war, and Islamic warfare, keeps popping up in other threads. So why not give it a thread of its own?

View attachment 4277

What intervention, if any, should there be in Syria?

View attachment 4278

I think the West should intervene to stop religious, ethnic, and cultural genocide.

View attachment 4279

But there are no "good guys," just different shades of evil.

View attachment 4280

While the Assad regime has certainly committed atrocities and human rights abuses, I think the West should swallow its pride and aid the regime in eradicating the Islamists.

View attachment 4281

What say you?

The rabid Arab rabble are a useless and dangerous race that only crying girlymen care about it. Muzzies killing Muzzies; that's as good as it gets. And Syria is the best garbage disposal on Earth.

Yes, you should, maybe Iraq and Syria was not such a mess it is now.

Sorry but the Russians who think that they can fix the ME are just as delusional as the Americans who think they can.
Russia is not trying to "fix" the middle east. They have had Syria as an ally since at least 1946. Thry have had enough of America formenting war on their doorstep and with their allies.

America is bent on global hegemony. Russia has no such dreams at the present. They are protecting their interests in Syria as they did in Crimea. But protecting their interests should not be confused with "trying to fix the middle east"

Sorry but the Russians who think that they can fix the ME are just as delusional as the Americans who think they can.
Russia is not trying to "fix" the middle east. They have had Syria as an ally since at least 1946. Thry have had enough of America formenting war on their doorstep and with their allies.

America is bent on global hegemony. Russia has no such dreams at the present. They are protecting their interests in Syria as they did in Crimea. But protecting their interests should not be confused with "trying to fix the middle east"

The difference between you and I is simple: you believe the bullshit that the Russian government says; whereas I don't believe the bullshit that my government says.

The difference between you and I is simple: you believe the bullshit that the Russian government says; whereas I don't believe the bullshit that my government says.
But you have to admit your government bullshit is just ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom