• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How he gonna get his money?

Learn to read what is written and don't criticize me for something I never said.

You were making an excuse for his behavior, mitigating his own personal responsibility, downplaying his independent agency, were you not?

You are plain wrong...at least as wrong as Trayvon. You are presenting murdering an unarmed teen ager as okay and even laudable. That to me sucks! He was probably not threatening the shooter....probably running away. You do not appear to be even slightly sorry this incident happened. That is where we go into the wrong moral territory.

You think those were "two random women" right? You have no idea that one of them is the robber's family member that literally said those exact words that make up the thread topic, do you?

Is there a quote from the deceased's father ?

is he deceased or just hanging out with all the other deadbeat hood babby-daddys

OK I got what you are saying... all prisons are filled with victims only. no one is responsible for their own actions. everything is a consequence of someone else's failure to do something differently.
Got your point.
...and dismissing it, immediately, as a bunch of liberal SJW bullshit.

I suppose you are on the side of Nautika Harris (see directly above).. you support her views here fully, correct?

So in other words you think killing people...teen agers...especially black ones is the best policy? You live in a world that only gets half the story and only sees that this whole affair is a matter of mutual injury. I haven't an idea what "SJW bullshit" actually means to you. I am sure it has some derogatory meaning to you. Your handle seems appropriate to your posts. You are not getting it that all of this shit has mutual consequences and you choose to ignore the causes of this tragedy. You don't even seem to realize that a tragedy has occurred here...so you come across cold and inhuman and it isn't just an impression. That in itself is a setup for further tragedy.

you actually think the robber is the victim. fucking moronic racist bullshit right there. "especially black ones".. you just said that, you realize right? you actually read the random garbage you post once in a while after you post it, right? Like some random vomit that you pick through to see if something is still any good to try and eat, like a reservoir dog.

We got the full story here... both sides. this post is about the family of the robber's side. the side you seem to be on. How, indeed, shall the poor get money if not from robbing people? how do they get "their" money from the people that have it, if not to break into their homes and take it from them. "especially if they are black". this is the side you are on? that is some seriously nigger shit right there.

Who else here is unaware that the "privileged", black girl in the photo was the one who literally said, "how he gonna get his money" in response to why he robbed that woman?
Anyone? anyone?

Does ANYONE in this thread actually know anything about this case, or is there nothing left of this board but a bunch of SJW kneejerks that have no ability to reason?

If you haven't seen the video of this person speaking, either do so, or fuck off because you don't know what the fuck you are talking about (as usual).

It's okay.

You can calm down now. ;)

almost.. almost there...

Is there a quote from the deceased's father ?

is he deceased or just hanging out with all the other deadbeat hood babby-daddys

You really like shoving tragedy into other peoples' faces don't you? There is an element of glee in your response. I think it is highly inappropriate. And I have NO INTENTION OF JUST GOING AWAY.:thinking:

you actually think the robber is the victim.
The dead man is a victim of a shooting. Whether he is a victim deserving of sympathy is a different question. Perhaps if you took off your rightwing SJW blinders, you'd be able to understand such simple matters.

You were making an excuse for his behavior, mitigating his own personal responsibility, downplaying his independent agency, were you not?

This^ really goes to the heart of the matter.

Is a person responsible for their actions? If not, then who is? Is the person they victimize responsible?

Or is no one responsible? If that's the case, then no one belongs in jail because nothing is their fault. And if that's true, then there are no victims. But how can that be when the victim is committing the non-criminal act of stealing someone else's property? If that sounds like dead-end nonsense, you're right.

Or, if you want to make the case that a poor person is not responsible for their actions because they're poor---in this case poor and black---then doesn't that imply that poor black people are incapable of controlling themselves?

That sounds really fucking racist. It is really fucking racist. But that's where the far left finds itself on these kinds of issues. It holds a certain group of people in such low esteem that it impliedly asserts they cannot be held responsible due to lack of competence with respect to anti-social behavior.

Do we grant this kind of leeway to drunk drivers? Hell no we don't. But why not? After all, we're bombarded with advertisements for alcohol on TV, the radio, billboards, and many of us grow up seeing our parents drink. Drinking is a very accepted leisure activity between families, friends, and in the working world too. It's a legal activity that the government permits, and it produces hundreds of millions of tax dollars and supports tens of thousands of jobs if not more. So with all that in mind, how can we possibly hold a drunk driver responsible for his/her actions. He/she is simply a product of American culture. Hell, there's even scientific evidence that some people's genetics predispose them to alcohol addiction. How can we possibly fault them for their actions when they're obviously victims of not only society, but often genetics?

Does anyone buy that argument?

The problem with being a burglar is that people do not like burglars. And if you get caught in the act, a burglar may well get shot. That sort of goes with the job of burglar. One might whine, "It wasn't fair" but hey, he knew the possibility when he decided to be a burglar. So I am not all that sympathetic to his plight, I'll have to say. But it's a shame to throw away your life trying this sort of stunt. But it was his choice to take a chance. Whether the shooter ends up being prosecuted I don't know. In some places, its possible no jury would convict.

But the choice is left up to all wanna be burglars. You act may well cost you your life. Do you feel lucky, punk!

How about READ the responses to your posts, m'kay? It isn't a conversation if you just walk into the room, blather on, and then just walk out.

You should be angry.. what has been pointed out to several people before, including yourself, is that Derec QUOTED THE COUSIN OF THE BURGLER.

THE BURGLER THAT GOT SHOT... HIS FAMILY.... THEY SAID THJOSE WORDS.. VERBATUM.

You SHOIULD be angry... for the same reasons that Derec is angry... because those are horrible words THAT WERE SAID BY THE PIECES OF SHIT THAT ARE DEFENDING HIM.

You on the right page now?

That you can't get what's wrong with this thread title is a pretty good indication that I'd be wasting my time by engaging you about it.

Needless to say, if Derec wants people to respect him he should consider not being an asshole all the time.

Making fun of an under-privileged, under-educated family who's defending their family member who got shot by a citizen of your insane country is sign of being a prick.

Where did you get the idea that Trevon and/or his family are "under-educated"? The article says Trevon was only 17 and was going to a technical college...nothing more. That doesn't seem under-educated. In fact, it doesn't mention anything about the education level of anyone in his family. Are you assuming they are all "under-educated" just because they are black? Or they talk in a black dialect? Please clarify. It seems to me you're using a very negative racial stereotype about black people, yet you're implying others are being racist.

You are plain wrong...at least as wrong as Trayvon. You are presenting murdering an unarmed teen ager as okay and even laudable. That to me sucks! He was probably not threatening the shooter....probably running away. You do not appear to be even slightly sorry this incident happened. That is where we go into the wrong moral territory.

I suggest you look at reality rather than your ideology.

She didn't shoot when she saw him going out the window. She shot later. The only way that could have happened is if he did something other than running and if she didn't shoot at the time it's unlikely she would have shot if he had frozen. Thus I'm left with the conclusion he came for her.

Now, it might simply have been to take the gun away but she's not required to risk her life that way. If the guy you're pointing a gun at comes for you the proper course of action is to pull the trigger.

Or, if you want to make the case that a poor person is not responsible for their actions because they're poor---in this case poor and black---then doesn't that imply that poor black people are incapable of controlling themselves?

That sounds really fucking racist. It is really fucking racist. But that's where the far left finds itself on these kinds of issues. It holds a certain group of people in such low esteem that it impliedly asserts they cannot be held responsible due to lack of competence with respect to anti-social behavior.

Yeah, I see that again and again from the SJW crowd. They don't realize that they are saying that blacks are in effect subhumans. Woe to those who point out this inconvenient truth, though.

I suggest you look at reality rather than your ideology.

She didn't shoot when she saw him going out the window. She shot later. The only way that could have happened is if he did something other than running
or if she didn't have the gun on her when she walked in and saw the burglar, and lost time retrieving it from wherever she'd hidden it,

or if she forgot to take the safety off, and lost time finding it and moving the lever (they can be quite stiff and hard to move), then re-acquiring her target,

or if she tried to fire but forgot to chamber a round first and had to take a few extra moments to figure out what was wrong, work the slide, and aim,

or if he was running so fast she had to run outside to get a clear shot,

or all of the above,

or some other factor led to the delay between the moment she saw him and the moment she shot him.

and if she didn't shoot at the time it's unlikely she would have shot if he had frozen. Thus I'm left with the conclusion he came for her.

Now, it might simply have been to take the gun away but she's not required to risk her life that way. If the guy you're pointing a gun at comes for you the proper course of action is to pull the trigger.

The news reports linked in this thread indicate he was not coming after her; he was shot as he fled, hence the controversy.

The news reports linked in this thread indicate he was not coming after her; he was shot as he fled, hence the controversy.

And it is indicative of the pathetic state or our society that it is a controversy at all.

It should be the default assumption that anyone (other than law enforcement, etc.) in a private residence without permission is there to endanger the lives of those who do have permission to be there - regardless of which direction they are moving - so that those with permission to be there are automatically justified in their use of any level of force necessary to arrest the intruder.

And it is indicative of the pathetic state or our society that it is a controversy at all.

It should be the default assumption that anyone (other than law enforcement, etc.) in a private residence without permission is there to endanger the lives of those who do have permission to be there - regardless of which direction they are moving - so that those with permission to be there are automatically justified in their use of any level of force necessary to arrest the intruder.
Killing someone is not arresting them.

The word was intended in the general sense.

Killing someone is not arresting them. The two words do not mean the same thing.

So do you agree that it is also acceptable to chase someone out of your house and shoot them in the back as they are fleeing down the street?

Apparently she was never inside the home, which presents a different picture:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/miami-dade/sfl-teen-burglary-fatally-shot-20160311-story.html
As officers were answering a call about a possible burglary in progress, the homeowner, identified by police as Gwendolyn Jenrette, arrived before officers and began to inspect the outside of the home "when a confrontation occurred with the burglar," Detective Dan Ferrin said in a news release.

Gwendolyn Jenrette can be forgiven for putting security cameras around her modest Miami home. She lives in Liberty City, a high-crime neighborhood in a high-crime town. Her low-slung duplex backs onto the railroad tracks and has been targeted in the past.

She can also be forgiven for racing home when, on Thursday afternoon, her security system alerted her to another break-in at the property.

But can she be forgiven for, according to police, fatally shooting a teenager as he fled her house, even as officers were on their way to help?

That is the question now facing the state’s attorney’s office.

Seventeen-year-old Trevon Johnson died Thursday night after Jenrette shot him once as he allegedly fled the scene of the home invasion, according to Miami-Dade police. There have been no indications that Johnson was armed.]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ar-as-he-fled-her-home-should-she-be-charged/

Last edited:
So if I invite someone into my house, and then revoke the invitation once they are in my house, according to your preferences, the presumption is that I can off them. Brilliant.

???

At the moment the invitation is revoked they should leave.

Note also I said 'presumption'; presumptions can be overridden in the face of evidence that contradicts them.

- - - Updated - - -

Killing someone is not arresting them. The two words do not mean the same thing.

Killing someone is a means of arresting them.

Back
Top Bottom