• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How he gonna get his money?

That's how I felt at the time. If I had a gun, however, that fistfight would have turned into a shootout, and would have increased the chances of one of us, or even and innocent bystander, not going home that night. It wasn't worth it for $7 and a ring.

Philosophising after it's all over is one thing, but that should not determine legal liability for an act.

And philosophizing after the fact is all I was doing. Even at that, I think that someone shooting an killing a mugger in the act of mugging is justified. Shooting the mugger in the back as he is running away, however, would not be.

Morally wrong? Maybe. Legally punishable? I don't think we want a world where it is.

Given that I have not indicated that is desirable to me, I'm not sure what brought this on.

I keep seeing this thread title and getting viscerally angry.

Derec, you're a fucking awful person.

How about READ the responses to your posts, m'kay? It isn't a conversation if you just walk into the room, blather on, and then just walk out.

You should be angry.. what has been pointed out to several people before, including yourself, is that Derec QUOTED THE COUSIN OF THE BURGLER.

THE BURGLER THAT GOT SHOT... HIS FAMILY.... THEY SAID THJOSE WORDS.. VERBATUM.

You SHOIULD be angry... for the same reasons that Derec is angry... because those are horrible words THAT WERE SAID BY THE PIECES OF SHIT THAT ARE DEFENDING HIM.

You on the right page now?

That you can't get what's wrong with this thread title is a pretty good indication that I'd be wasting my time by engaging you about it.

Needless to say, if Derec wants people to respect him he should consider not being an asshole all the time.

Making fun of an under-privileged, under-educated family who's defending their family member who got shot by a citizen of your insane country is sign of being a prick.

Philosophising after it's all over is one thing, but that should not determine legal liability for an act.

And philosophizing after the fact is all I was doing. Even at that, I think that someone shooting an killing a mugger in the act of mugging is justified. Shooting the mugger in the back as he is running away, however, would not be.

Morally wrong? Maybe. Legally punishable? I don't think we want a world where it is.

Given that I have not indicated that is desirable to me, I'm not sure what brought this on.

The desire to reinforce your position with something related to Derec's?

:confused2:

Not every post is intended to show disagreement.

]
Making fun of an under-privileged, under-educated family who's defending their family member who got shot by a citizen of your insane country is sign of being a prick.

How is this under-privileged?
c2ff0811b29f75291c060df245d690d4.jpg

]

All I see here is a picture of two women, nothing really to indicate privilege, unless you don't believe in poor people being allowed to purchase and wear make-up.

I presumed the lack of privilege was inherent in the dude feeling the need to burglarize someone else, and the thread title indicating that they don't have money.

All I see here is a picture of two women, nothing really to indicate privilege, unless you don't believe in poor people being allowed to purchase and wear make-up.

I presumed the lack of privilege was inherent in the dude feeling the need to burglarize someone else, and the thread title indicating that they don't have money.

Day has makeup, hair colla, and jury around day necks. Not underprivileged.

This is underprivileged.
a11bf55ad4e708e151239150f9e75e5c.jpg

Actually, the person you show here, which I assume you just randomly picked off of Google images, might lead a perfectly privileged life. 'Having Little' is not the equivalent of being under-privileged.

Privilege has to do with options. People who live in a society that's obsessed with wealth but who live on the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder don't have options. They can't get good jobs because of their socio-economic status and often times their race. In terms of quantity they might have more than someone living in Africa, but in reference to the world that they actually live in they're destitute and actually pretty confined. Add to that the perceived poverty of rich people flashing their shit all over the media and you get a situation where people believe their situation is dire and so do things like commit burglary.

Maybe if these people had a more privileged life they'd be able to recognize that things aren't so bad, but that's kind of the point, they aren't and so don't.

In any case I don't care about arguing with you about the definition of privilege, the point is that belittling people who are on the lower end of the socio-economic ladder is typically not a good idea. Give them a hand up, don't be a fucking cunt.

This is underprivileged.
a11bf55ad4e708e151239150f9e75e5c.jpg

Actually, the person you show here, which I assume you just randomly picked off of Google images, might lead a perfectly privileged life. 'Having Little' is not the equivalent of being under-privileged.

Privilege has to do with options. People who live in a society that's obsessed with wealth but who live on the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder don't have options. They can't get good jobs because of their socio-economic status and often times their race. In terms of quantity they might have more than someone living in Africa, but in reference to the world that they actually live in they're destitute and actually pretty confined. Add to that the perceived poverty of rich people flashing their shit all over the media and you get a situation where people believe their situation is dire and so do things like commit burglary.

Maybe if these people had a more privileged life they'd be able to recognize that things aren't so bad, but that's kind of the point, they aren't and so don't.

In any case I don't care about arguing with you about the definition of privilege, the point is that belittling people who are on the lower end of the socio-economic ladder is typically not a good idea. Give them a hand up, don't be a fucking cunt.

We need to make them live in a mud hut for a while. Their perspective will change and they will be grateful for what they had.

As far as options, they have them. Unless they are mentally incapable to do better for themselves in which case I can not help them. I can't fix stupid.

The recent transgender laws passed in North Carolina are starting to make sense.

Eh, maybe I should practice what I preach.

Back
Top Bottom