• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How serious is the problem of undocumented immigration?

Having mixed levity with seriousness, perhaps I should restate a few points.

First, I have nothing fundamentally against any racial group or non-Muslim ethnic group.
So that would include all groups since Muslims are represented in all cultures? Is this the old, "I'm not a racist with the exception that I am a racist"?

Second, I believe in realism. The fact is that some groups tend to be smarter, or have more ability, in certain areas of human endeavor than others. It is also obvious that some tend to have greater socially dysfunctional behavior. Some are better at math, or language, or social interaction. Some are gifted in humor, or music, or dance. Some tend to make better athletes. Some tend to commit more homicide and less suicide. Some are more attractive, some are not. Some groups are better at social cohesiveness, others are more conflict oriented. Its a reality - get over it.
Actually science proves otherwise, but don't let that get in the way of some good ol'fashioned bigoted misbelief.

Third, there are groups with values and abilities that are more of contribution to human well being than others. Buddhists don't conduct jihads, Muslims do. Jews are leading scientists and businessmen, aboriginals are not. Its a reality - get over it.
No, it is stereotyping and bigoted. I know Jews in the Insane Clown Posse and Jews that are bankrupt and in jail. I know non-Jihading Muslim nurses, bankers, professional wrestlers, mechanics and congressmen. I also know of violent Buddhists. Please explain these anomalies in light of your racial theory.

Finally, I don't believe that the immigration from Latin America has been conductive to the well being of the last few generations of the American people - not even for the earlier waves of Latin immigrants. While their are numerous individual exceptions, as a whole the self-selected waves have been of people with below average intellectual ability who disproportionately contribute to many negatives in American life. As a people, many are benignly and seriously under-talented - others (especially in second and third generations) are also especially prone to violent crime. In any event, I find them culturally boring and often very unattractive. (So do many others who don't have the nerve to admit it).

On the other hand, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese are culturally complex, usually far more pleasing to the eye than average, and a net benefit to our well being - as are the Indian immigrants of the last 20 or 30 years. And if Muslims had never come to America, its difficult to see what would have been missed.

What about the Hmong?

Second, I believe in realism. The fact is that some groups tend to be smarter, or have more ability, in certain areas of human endeavor than others. It is also obvious that some tend to have greater socially dysfunctional behavior. Some are better at math, or language, or social interaction. Some are gifted in humor, or music, or dance. Some tend to make better athletes. Some tend to commit more homicide and less suicide. Some are more attractive, some are not. Some groups are better at social cohesiveness, others are more conflict oriented. Its a reality - get over it.

This effect is cultural, not genetic, as are most of the other things you talk about.

LOL...it sounds not just Hispanic, it sounds Spanish. You forgot that before it was under Mexico, it was Spanish, and every resident of LA was Spanish or subjects of Spain and California Indians. And before that, every resident of the area was one of 5,000 native Americans in the Los Angeles basin. So what is your point, that 'by right' it belongs to California's original settlers, native Americans or the Spanish before it belongs to Mexicans?

The point is that Los Angeles doesn't "belong" to white folks like you think it should.

It has a long and rich history, and is more than just the white middle class utopia you imagine from the 50s.

But since you've been rather unapologetic in your hatred of brown people, what is your proposed solution? Half the city and surrounding area is populated by people you obviously think are sub-human, so how do you propose to purge them from the city you think belongs to "Anglos?" Max?

Should we load them all onto boxcars?
I don't hate brown people, I have equal opportunity disdain for some specific groups as 'groups'. I have no more interest in being in roomful of overbearing Texans than I do Mexicans (on the other hand a few sprinkled here and there do liven up a party). And while the 50s were not utopia, you do have the evidence of your eyes (e.g. the video of a typical middle-class HS in 1960 vs. today).

My 'solution' would be dependent upon the powers granted. As I have no power over the decay, I have no solution. But in a hypothetical world without pesky courts, however, involuntary deportation of American citizens would not be necessary. The source of many of these problems is in the disparate abilities of different identity groups to produce and earn (and in assimilation). Much of this can be solved via eugenics and mandatory birth control on segments of the population to improve the quality of some ethnic/racial group stock that is below the national average. In addition, it would be worth exploring cash grants to millions more of the sub-par to move back, particularly to nations (such as Mexico) that still consider them citizens (e.g. the 42% foreign born).

Once groups are essentially equal in the bell curve of ability, the most important sources of inter-group conflict and fueling of the growth of the underclass would be removed.

maxparrish said:
HhaOo367JIuB2.gif

:nada:

I don't hate brown people...

You just think they're "sub-par," are good only for the occasional laugh, and given your druthers (with no "pesky courts" to stop you) that they should have their population forcibly reduced.

Generally speaking, if one doesn't hate a certain group, they don't advocate for ethnic cleansing against them.

kadnp9d.jpg

I don't hate brown people...

You just think they're "sub-par," are good only for the occasional laugh, and given your druthers (with no "pesky courts" to stop you) that they should have their population forcibly reduced.

Generally speaking, if one doesn't hate a certain group, they don't advocate for ethnic cleansing against them.
That may be true "generally speaking". But as a specificity I certainly know the degrees of my own antipathy, and the difference between dislike, disdain and hate. Most folks know that human feelings are not some simple-minded PC imposed binary division between complete love or complete hate, on any subject.

It is only middle-eastern Muslims, as a religious group, that I hate. They are the only group that, as a group, I believe are an unalloyed evil to human well being.

PS - By the way, I did not propose ethnic cleansing (mass expulsion or murder of an ethnic or racial group). I proposed, in a fictional world, forms of birth control and cash inducements for the less successful foreign born members of those ethnic/religious groups who don't score at least average in ability, to go back their original home. Once the bell curves were roughly the same, such programs would end.

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
They are the only group that, as a group, I believe are an unalloyed evil to human well being.

I put unapologetic racists in that group. Worse perhaps are racists who hide behind weasel-words and put up a pretense that they're not being hateful, just "realistic" or reasonable.

An "unalloyed evil to human well being" is a person who divides humanity up into different groups and decides which ones are beneath him because he found some bullshit statistics to inflate his own sense of superiority. The sort of person who at once longs for a fictional past that never existed, and fantasizes about a fictional future where his prejudices can be enacted into official state sponsored brutality.

You may have fooled yourself into thinking you don't hate anyone, but you aren't fooling anyone else.

Having mixed levity with seriousness, perhaps I should restate a few points.

First, I have nothing fundamentally against any racial group or non-Muslim ethnic group. I have always made fun of the conduct and attitudes of many cultures and peoples, including that of rednecks, Cajuns, Arkies, Texans, cow town evangelists, fundi tongue speakers, crystal gazers, necromancers, priests and nature worshiping eco-Nazis and all groups in identity politics. Yet I have both admiration and disdain for most groups, and I don't think one needs to delude oneself to avoid socially programmed shameful thoughts. I rejected the prudish and religious programming of "bad thought" repression at 13, and I have never looked back. And I certainly don't intend to replace it with a secular PC form of shame and intellectual repression over race, culture, gender, religion or national origin - its childish.
Max, if my questions make you uncomfortable, you are in no way obligated to address them. I am just attempting to understand which was the initial source or which were the triggers in your youth (that is when the blue prints of the adults we are today are set) leading you to your current mentality.

I have been raised by 2 adults who were opposite in terms of their perceptions "of the rest of mankind". My father was a multi culturalist who embraced ethnic and cultural diversity and considered it beneficial. My mother persistently loathed specific ethnic groups viewing them as inferior and genetically pre disposed to be void of ethics and ability to perform or achieve. Her socio cultural environment was not related to Hispanics/Latinos. Her focus of disdain was on Arabs and Sub Sahara Africans.(she grew up in French Algeria, married my father and followed him in his assignments in Sub Sahara Africa). I had a choice to make as a child. Mine was to rebel against my mother's mentality. It was clear to me that my father was a much happier and balanced human being via his ability to adapt to ethnically and culturally diverse milieus versus my mother's self imposed distancing from "whom was so different from her". The choice for me was to either cultivate a sectarian mentality based on "this is my group and I can only be enriched by my own group" or " I will always search and find enrichment in other groups". I chose the second one.

What was your upbringing like, Max?

Second, I believe in realism. The fact is that some groups tend to be smarter, or have more ability, in certain areas of human endeavor than others.
It is NOT a fact that ethnicity in itself and alone determines your fellow human beings' abilities. You have eliminated nurturing. A person's ethnicity is not what governs their abilities and desire to achieve. It is the type of nurturing they received as children. It is also what type of socio economical status they grew up with.

It is also obvious that some tend to have greater socially dysfunctional behavior.
Again, dysfunctional behaviors of any nature (except those prompted by a medically diagnosed pathology) source from the type of nurturing each of us has received or absence of any nurturing. It is not a phenomenon triggered by ethnicity in itself and alone.

Some are better at math, or language, or social interaction. Some are gifted in humor, or music, or dance. Some tend to make better athletes. Some tend to commit more homicide and less suicide. Some are more attractive, some are not. Some groups are better at social cohesiveness, others are more conflict oriented. Its a reality - get over it.
The problem here is that you attribute such strengths and weaknesses to ethnicity in itself and alone. You are wrong. You find a great diversity of different talents and abilities within each ethnic group. As to "some are more attractive, some are not" you should know by now that aesthetics are a highly subjectively induced experience. In most instances, attractive or not attractive is in the eye of the beholder. However if the beholder is conforming to a culturally induced definition of attractive versus non attractive, chances are that beholder will always experience attractive versus non attractive via that restrictive definition. Some of us have the ability to experience attractive versus non attractive based on non visually induced traits. The anatomy of a fellow human being or their "looks" is not what define for us attractive versus non attractive.

Third, there are groups with values and abilities that are more of contribution to human well being than others. Buddhists don't conduct jihads, Muslims do. Jews are leading scientists and businessmen, aboriginals are not. Its a reality - get over it.
Unfortunately and going against the venerated representative of the pacifism taught in Buddhism, some Buddhists will conduct their own "Jihad" :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ese-buddhists-embracing-anti-muslim-violence/

No group is immune to radicalization, Max. Even those who preach tolerance and pacifism.

And as far as Muslims are concerned, please try to not dump all Muslims in the same bag. "Some Muslims conduct jihads" would be closer to the reality than your broad brush painting comment.

Finally, I don't believe that the immigration from Latin America has been conductive to the well being of the last few generations of the American people - not even for the earlier waves of Latin immigrants.
Define "American people". It appears you have a specific definition which the majority of posters here would disagree with.

While their are numerous individual exceptions, as a whole the self-selected waves have been of people with below average intellectual ability who disproportionately contribute to many negatives in American life. As a people, many are benignly and seriously under-talented - others (especially in second and third generations) are also especially prone to violent crime. In any event, I find them culturally boring and often very unattractive. (So do many others who don't have the nerve to admit it).
You come across as if your thinking has been greatly influenced by Jason Richwine's dissertation :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/jason-richwine-dissertation_n_3240168.html

More on that :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-doesnt-understand-why-people-are-mad-at-him/

Emphasis on :

The question is whether those differences are attributable to centuries of oppression and deprivation or due to immutable biological differences. What outraged people was not the mention of the score deficit, but his belief that it is biologically caused and irreversible.

It appears you are leaning towards "immutable biological differences" versus acknowledging centuries of oppression and deprivation. Am I correct? Asking that question since you can only project a cataclysmic vision of the US being dominated by an ethnic group of "underdogs", known as Hispanics or Latinos. Rather than expecting that once removed from a climate of oppression and economical deprivation, that group will be capable of matching your perception of what "American people" ought to be.

On the other hand, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese are culturally complex, usually far more pleasing to the eye than average, and a net benefit to our well being - as are the Indian immigrants of the last 20 or 30 years. And if Muslims had never come to America, its difficult to see what would have been missed.
Muslims are NOT an ethnic group. Any person of any ethnicity can be a Muslim. Of any economical class and any degree of achievement. Do you ever consider the individuality of each person you encounter or do you keep falling for defining them based on their ethnic identity and it appears now also religious?

IMO, you are a demonstration of the nauseating influence of tribalism.

Max, if my questions make you uncomfortable, you are in no way obligated to address them. I am just attempting to understand which was the initial source or which were the triggers in your youth (that is when the blue prints of the adults we are today are set) leading you to your current mentality....

What was your upbringing like, Max?
As far as socio-economic and race factors, pretty ordinary for Californian middle-class kid... My father was a sales manager for an AM radio station, my mother a housewife. Politics was pretty absent in my house, although dad was a Republican and mother an independent. Race and other cultures were not not a topic of discussion. The upbringing was in a mainly white, middle class semi-rural suburban area of Monterey County. It was (and is) a stunning area, although now unaffordable for most folks. My elementary school occasionally had a Mexican (one of which was a friend) but as their parents were migrant workers they did not stay more than a year.

In the town's high school it was mainly white with maybe 5 to 7 percent Mexican and a few percent blacks. I hung out in a group of 8 or 9, one a Japanese American, the other Filipino. To be honest, I had no impression of Mexican Americans AT ALL; all my memories of individual folks (Rosie, Torres, Emanuel) were as good guys and pretty girls.

I became racially conscious of blacks in high school, during the black riots of Watts, Newark, etc.... then of Mexicans in my first year of college, when confronted with MECHA racists marching against the frito bandito character (and my room-mates demand I not eat lettuce in support of Caesar Chavez). The seeds of my negative views were planted.

My current attitudes and beliefs were far more "liberal" on such issues back then, having been taught that all issues could be reduced to a lack of education and opportunity caused by poverty. If I have had formative experiences it has been as an adult - in the news, the workplace, the observation of changes of my communities. It is also in something lost.

Second, I believe in realism. The fact is that some groups tend to be smarter, or have more ability, in certain areas of human endeavor than others.
It is NOT a fact that ethnicity in itself and alone determines your fellow human beings' abilities. You have eliminated nurturing. A person's ethnicity is not what governs their abilities and desire to achieve. It is the type of nurturing they received as children. It is also what type of socio economical status they grew up with.
Agreed. The 50-50 split between genes, and nurture seems reasonable.

It is also obvious that some tend to have greater socially dysfunctional behavior.
Again, dysfunctional behaviors of any nature (except those prompted by a medically diagnosed pathology) source from the type of nurturing each of us has received or absence of any nurturing. It is not a phenomenon triggered by ethnicity in itself and alone.
Agreed.

Some are better at math, or language, or social interaction. Some are gifted in humor, or music, or dance. Some tend to make better athletes. Some tend to commit more homicide and less suicide. Some are more attractive, some are not. Some groups are better at social cohesiveness, others are more conflict oriented. Its a reality - get over it.
The problem here is that you attribute such strengths and weaknesses to ethnicity in itself and alone. You are wrong. You find a great diversity of different talents and abilities within each ethnic group. As to "some are more attractive, some are not" you should know by now that aesthetics are a highly subjectively induced experience. In most instances, attractive or not attractive is in the eye of the beholder. However if the beholder is conforming to a culturally induced definition of attractive versus non attractive, chances are that beholder will always experience attractive versus non attractive via that restrictive definition. Some of us have the ability to experience attractive versus non attractive based on non visually induced traits. The anatomy of a fellow human being or their "looks" is not what define for us attractive versus non attractive.
I will ponder and reply a bit later to this and other points...

Back
Top Bottom