• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Anonymous source in Pentagon leaking to one of the US papers, I am not going to watch 2 hours video to find which.
32 sounds more likely than 30, given that PAC-3 batteries come in multiples of 16 (but that's neither here nor there). The cost to shoot down Russian missiles is great, but it would be even greater cost to let them hit hospitals, apartment buildings, power infrastructure and so on. The fact that there were no civilian casualties is a success in my book.
Cut the crap out. Russiand do not spend 1000 kinzhals to hit apartment buildings.
It's the job of the NATO.
And right now it seems even the one missile that got through was a miss, because it did not do any permanent damage.

Source?
Don't bother, I know - Ukraine.

Reality is, US was not willing to give Patriot to Ukraine because they knew it would get destroyed and it would hurt its image and sales.
But when it became so bad that US had no choice but to give it to them. With one condition though - to make it look good and lie if necessary. And this is what ukrainians do - lie.
Patriot has no chance against kinzhals, period. That's what Pentagon was saying. It relies on target being purely ballistic or slow.
Kinzhal is neither.

Russians claim that they destroyed 5 launchers and radar. That's basically the whole thing.
Ukrainians basically lie and attack was 120% failure.
Pentagon says 1.5 launchers were destroyed.

As for the video with 30 launches. Gestapo is running around Kiev and taking cameras down :)

Last edited:
Russia bragged its hypersonic missiles could not be stopped. Ukraine has demonstrated that is BS. Russia just arrested its hypersonic missile designers for their failure.
Again, it was pentagon who was "bragging" about it and they were right.

Think about it, even if you believe Pentagon, Patriot system was:
1. completely emptied after the first attack of merely 2 kinzhal missiles
2. it was partially destroyed

After the first direct attack.
It's not sustainable.

No, Pootie himself gloated that these hypersonicweapon could not be stopped. When that proved untrue, he had a temper tantrum and arrestedthose responsible for the failed missile.

No, Pootie himself gloated that these hypersonicweapon could not be stopped. When that proved untrue, he had a temper tantrum and arrestedthose responsible for the failed missile.

Article is lying.
1. They were not involved in Kinzhal development.
2. Kinzhals did not fail

These cases started a year ago.
What's true is that these accusations have no basis in reality. I suspect some corruption elements there.

Meanwhile, back on planet Reality, it looks like the worm has turned.

We are moving ever so much closer to getting Ukraine the training and F-16s it needs. Initial assessment of pilot skills puts a training program at just four months with NATO countries inching closer and closer to providing the aircraft. We're all just waiting for Biden to get with the program.

While Russian forces pile up the bodies within Bakhmut, Ukrainian forces look to be flanking them. Watch the wonderful timing of just when President Prigozhin announces he has taken Bakhmut, the next morning they have to pull out or get encircled.

US DoD took a second look at the pricing of equipment being sent to Ukraine, found three billion in savings and credited their account.

Insanity is asking a Russian over and over to provide evidence and expecting different results.

Meanwhile, back on planet Reality, it looks like the worm has turned.

We are moving ever so much closer to getting Ukraine the training and F-16s it needs. Initial assessment of pilot skills puts a training program at just four months with NATO countries inching closer and closer to providing the aircraft. We're all just waiting for Biden to get with the program.

While Russian forces pile up the bodies within Bakhmut, Ukrainian forces look to be flanking them. Watch the wonderful timing of just when President Prigozhin announces he has taken Bakhmut, the next morning they have to pull out or get encircled.

US DoD took a second look at the pricing of equipment being sent to Ukraine, found three billion in savings and credited their account.

Insanity is asking a Russian over and over to provide evidence and expecting different results.
Wake me up when you give NarcoFuhrer nukes.

Yeah I remember the time when HIMARS was a game changer. Not much talk about them now.
Before that - Javelines, remember that? these banderites were naming babies I think after them.
No, nothing will be a game changer, for you.
All your corrupt administration does is postponing debacle long enough so that they can win next elections.

Another missile strike seems imminent tonight. Interesting to see if the alleged damage to the Patriot system has degraded Kyiv's air defense, or if it's going to be just a repeat of yesterday.
Alleged? I understand Pentagon admitted one launcher was utterly "dissassembled". Another one was partially dissassembled and can be repaired and one unharmed. Russians report way more damage, including damage to radar. Ukrainian Bob reports Russia launched thousands of kinzhals and all of them were defeated by the glorious ukrainian warriors with the help of glorious patriot systems.

Regardless of the damage, one thing can not be denied and that is the fact that ukro-nato patriot system launched 30 (!!!) missiles to defeat it seems 2 Kinzhals (among few ordinary cruise missiles). It failed, because at least one did hit it. I repeat 30 missiles. Poor bastard who recorded and published that video was already apprehended by Gestapo, no worry, no more such embarrassment for Raytheon.
The difference being that your missiles are used to kill civilians and infrastructure. Our missiles are used to save Lifes. I'm willing to pay for that cost. Secondly, our missiles will continue to get better due to our better technology, willing to work together, high tech. Our sanctions are trying to starve Russia from new technology and the ability to rearm. As an aside, any country doing business with Russia is contributing to the deaths of Ukrainians. You've got your oil, gas, land and old men willing to send young men to their deaths. The west has technology, economic development, IP, technolody, well paid workers, and people united that value freedom. I bet on the west.

Another missile strike seems imminent tonight. Interesting to see if the alleged damage to the Patriot system has degraded Kyiv's air defense, or if it's going to be just a repeat of yesterday.
Alleged? I understand Pentagon admitted one launcher was utterly "dissassembled". Another one was partially dissassembled and can be repaired and one unharmed. Russians report way more damage, including damage to radar. Ukrainian Bob reports Russia launched thousands of kinzhals and all of them were defeated by the glorious ukrainian warriors with the help of glorious patriot systems.

Regardless of the damage, one thing can not be denied and that is the fact that ukro-nato patriot system launched 30 (!!!) missiles to defeat it seems 2 Kinzhals (among few ordinary cruise missiles). It failed, because at least one did hit it. I repeat 30 missiles. Poor bastard who recorded and published that video was already apprehended by Gestapo, no worry, no more such embarrassment for Raytheon.
The difference being that your missiles are used to kill civilians and infrastructure. Our missiles are used to save Lifes. I'm willing to pay for that cost. Secondly, our missiles will continue to get better due to our better technology, willing to work together, high tech. Our sanctions are trying to starve Russia from new technology and the ability to rearm. As an aside, any country doing business with Russia is contributing to the deaths of Ukrainians. You've got your oil, gas, land and old men willing to send young men to their deaths. The west has technology, economic development, IP, technolody, well paid workers, and people united that value freedom. I bet on the west.
<deleted> You are the bad guys and Russia are the good guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's a lie. You are the bad guys and Russia are the good guys.
Where is the lie? It's real simple. Your side is attempting to kill people, steal land and loot. My side is trying to stop that. Most of the west is united in this effort. And the rest of the world is turning away from Russia's imperialism.

The ratio of dead Ukrainian civilians to dead Russian civilians really would imply that isn't the case. That doesn't have to make the US the "good guys", but it does imply that Russia isn't standing with much moral authority here. You've done some serious mental gymnastics regarding the Ukrainians to justify Russia's actions.

Secondly, our missiles will continue to get better due to our better technology,
Really? Did HIMARS get better? Are you sure?

WASHINGTON ― The U.S. announced Friday it will send Ukraine the ground-launched small-diameter bomb, a weapon that can double Kyiv’s strike range, as part of its latest military aid package, worth $2.17 billion.

U.S. GLSDBs are launched from HIMARS launch systems. So yes, better missiles are coming for Ukraine's military. Plus UK's Storm Shadow missiles now being used by Ukraine.

Did HIMARS get better? Are you sure?
U.S. GLSDBs are launched from HIMARS launch systems. So yes, better missiles are coming for Ukraine's military.

That makes no difference. You can't hit everyone that Putler can conscript.
You send Ukraine more cannons, Putler sends more cannon fodder. That's how they plan to prevail.

500 pages later, this is an excellent summary of devastating rejoinders from barbos proving that Russia's invasion of its neighbor is going as planned. We should all join in congratulating him on his promotion to head of research and development for the Kinzhal missile program.

I usually don't expect the president to respond so quickly to my posts but...
US to support providing F1-6 fighter jets to Ukraine
Sounds good.

Did HIMARS get better? Are you sure?
U.S. GLSDBs are launched from HIMARS launch systems. So yes, better missiles are coming for Ukraine's military.

That makes no difference. You can't hit everyone that Putler can conscript.
You send Ukraine more cannons, Putler sends more cannon fodder. That's how they plan to prevail.

That is not what these missiles are for. Ukraine has displayed great competence in tracking down munitions depots, command centers and barrack and obliterating them with misiiles. Destroying Russian artillery batteries, bridges and Russian Missile launchers. This leaves the hapless Mobiks short of supplies as they fail in their human wave attacks.

Anonymous source in Pentagon leaking to one of the US papers, I am not going to watch 2 hours video to find which.
If your only source is some propagandist youtube video, it's probably bullshit. Like so many other claims you've made in these forums based on nothing but the same shit-for-brains youtubers.

32 sounds more likely than 30, given that PAC-3 batteries come in multiples of 16 (but that's neither here nor there). The cost to shoot down Russian missiles is great, but it would be even greater cost to let them hit hospitals, apartment buildings, power infrastructure and so on. The fact that there were no civilian casualties is a success in my book.
Cut the crap out. Russiand do not spend 1000 kinzhals to hit apartment buildings.
Only because Russia doesn't seem to have 1000s of Kinzhals. But they do have plenty of other kinds of missiles. And all you need to do is watch the news to see that not a week goes by without at least a few civilian casualties in Odessa, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, Vinnytsia, Zaporizhzhia etc.

And right now it seems even the one missile that got through was a miss, because it did not do any permanent damage.

Source?
Don't bother, I know - Ukraine.
No, it's several US officials to CNN.

The damage to a Patriot air defense system following a Russian missile attack near Kyiv on Tuesday morning is minimal, three US officials tell CNN, with one official describing it as “minor” damage.

The US sent inspectors to examine the system on Tuesday after being told by Ukrainian forces that the system appeared to have been damaged, one official said.

The system itself is still operational, the officials said, and the radar component of the Patriot, one of its most important elements, was not damaged. US officials do not believe the Patriot will need to be removed from the battlefield for repairs.
Two components of the system were damaged, according to a US official familiar with the matter, but the system “was never offline” and remained functional throughout the attack, they said.

Say what you want about CNN and Americans being liars, but they're still 1000 times more trustworthy than the Russian MoD or Kremlin's youtube trolls. And like I said in the previous post, the real test was that Russia wasn't able to do any more damage to Kyiv in yesterday's missile barrage: there's no evidence of Patriot being offline.

Reality is, US was not willing to give Patriot to Ukraine because they knew it would get destroyed and it would hurt its image and sales.
But when it became so bad that US had no choice but to give it to them. With one condition though - to make it look good and lie if necessary. And this is what ukrainians do - lie.
They lie much less than Russia. Of course claims about numbers especially should be taken with a grain of salt. But we know that at least one Kinzhal may have been shot down, if there's one, then it's not a stretch to think it could be six. And it doesn't really matter what the numbers are. The real surprise was that previously a weapon that was thought to be impossible to be shot down, was show down.

Patriot has no chance against kinzhals, period. That's what Pentagon was saying. It relies on target being purely ballistic or slow.
Kinzhal is neither.
Bollocks. All missile defense systems are to some extent statistical. An inferior system can shoot down a more advanced missile under good conditions. I would argue that the ideal conditions for shooting down a hypersonic missile is if it's coming straight towards you, which negates most of the speed advantage.

And this is considering Russia's "hypersonic" missiles were ever actually as good as advertised. They've never been used in combat before, and if they were so good, they would have been used more extensively in the past year. This means either they're crap, or Russia doesn't have very many of them.

As for the video with 30 launches. Gestapo is running around Kiev and taking cameras down :)
Why wouldn't they? There's no point helping the enemy confirm if they managed to hit anything at all.

Btw, if it was 30 launches on the video, and not full 32, that means there were two missiles left to spare, and it would confirm that Patriot hit every target and the explosion was just debris.

Back
Top Bottom