• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

And you think you can cross the nuclear line without the NATO powers shooting back??
You have crossed tons of (self imposed and not) red lines, now it's our time.
The western propaganda is picturing Putin as crazy. When in reality YOU are the crazy ones.
And you know all of that. You behave recklessly knowing well that Putin is not crazy to respond.
That is the problem.
Note that I said "nuclear", not "red".
Note that I said that Russia is not the one crossing lines. YOU ARE.
Putin keeps drawing lines that he has no justification to draw.

And you think you can cross the nuclear line without the NATO powers shooting back?? To not shoot invites defeat in detail. I don't think Putin is nuts enough to cross that line.
I do not know. Talk is not a walk. Good that Israel has its own resources.
Does it? It's so small, it could hide within Russia's eastern frontier and never be found. Two nukes and it'd be GONE.
Israel has second-strike capability. SSGs, not SSBNs, but still enough to ruin the day of whoever caused them to turn their keys.

No nazi in Ukraine?

I'm not going to click on that. But regardless, there are Nazis in every country on earth. You plan to invade each one?

If they represent the real threat then there is little choice.
for example, Nazis in Baltic States are not the threat, "countries" are too small, even if they literally elect Hitler.

Germany sent few ukro-nazi soldiers back to Ukraine for displaying nazi insignia while on their training in ....... Germany :D

No nazi in Ukraine?

I'm not going to click on that. But regardless, there are Nazis in every country on earth. You plan to invade each one?

There are plenty of Nazis in Russia. Maybe they should invade there first.

No, they were kicked out Belgorod back to Ukraine.

No nazi in Ukraine?

There are plenty of Nazis in Russia. Maybe they should invade there first.

No, they were kicked out Belgorod back to Ukraine.

Big woop. Nazis don't scare me. There are Nazis in every country in the world.

You're probably pretty excited about the Switzerland peace conference this week!? I'm sure that you'd agree that it would be good for the world if we could come up with plans to blunt Russian imperialism. Will be interesting and potentially decisive if China attends. As an aside, I've always felt that the war will continue until either Putin dies or China stops supporting it.

Big woop. Nazis don't scare me
I know. Not only that, you think they are useful.
I'm sure that you'd agree that it would be good for the world if we could come up with plans to blunt Russian imperialism.
There is no such thing. You are simply projecting.
Nope. I don't like Nazis. I think that they are mostly a small group of scared bigots. But I don't fear them. Interesting that you didn't comment on the Switzerland peace conference. Again, would be interesting if the Chinese attend.

Nope. I don't like Nazis.
I know, but you think they are useful.
Interesting that you didn't comment on the Switzerland peace conference
What is there to comment? It's a shit show which with usual suspects.

In other news, it was reported that 2 Mig31 which ATACMS finally managed to destroy in Crimean air base were apparently ...... scrap-metal :) Boy, you can't get a break, can you? :D

For these who does not know, Mig31s are very valuable target because they are no longer produced and can launch Kh-47M2 Kinzhal. More numerous and more importantly currently produced aircrafts Su34 don't seem to be able to launch it.

Nope. I don't like Nazis.
I know, but you think they are useful.
Interesting that you didn't comment on the Switzerland peace conference
What is there to comment? It's a shit show which with usual suspects.

In other news, it was reported that 2 Mig31 which ATACMS finally managed to destroy in Crimean air base were apparently ...... scrap-metal :) Boy, you can't get a break, can you? :D

For these who does not know, Mig31s are very valuable target because they are no longer produced and can launch Kh-47M2 Kinzhal. More numerous and more importantly currently produced aircrafts Su34 don't seem to be able to launch it.
What do you mean by useful? Useful for what? They are weak and pathetic. I don't know what they are useful for. You are the one always talking about Nazis. How are they useful to you?

What do you mean by useful? Useful for what?
For starting Ukraine-Russia proxy war.
You are the one always talking about Nazis.
You need to learn your own history. Start with Operation Gladio and proceed up to Vicky Nuland.
Well that's an odd post. First off, how did the Nazis start the Ukraine Russia war? You're going to have to defend this. Secondly, you are wrong that this war benefits the US. It does not. The dramatic increase in oil costs and disruption in the supply chain caused dramatic inflation in the west. It could lead to Trump being reelected. It's been very bad for our country also. The only good has been to more unite the Nato countries at a real threat exists. Ukraine was about 50-50 west vs east. No more there. Your invasion has pretty much united Ukraine against your country. But really, we'd all be much better off if Russian soldiers returned home. War is not good for anyone.

Well that's an odd post. First off, how did the Nazis start the Ukraine Russia war?
By attacking russian population and Ukraine, intimidating Zelensky, intimidating ordinary people, the usual nazi stuff. 2014 was basically a nazi revolt, they were main force in these events, without them it's a bunch of stupid students who wanted easy emigration to EU.

Loren Pechtel said: "Israel has second-strike capability. SSGs, not SSBNs, but still enough to ruin the day of whoever caused them to turn their keys."

India has two SSBNs of the four planned before we move to a bigger one, and K-4 SLBMs - 4,000 kms.

200px-K-4_SLBM_Strike_range_envelope_centered_at_Bay_of_Bengal.jpg
Range centered from North Bay of Bengal. You know, some nations are not friendly towards India.

News Update

The EU has approved peeling off interest from the frozen Russian assets (most of it sitting in Euroclear) and giving it to Ukraine. It will be about €3B a year. Also under consideration is a larger loan of €50B which would be paid back with that same interest.

Also, it looks like Ukrainian drone strikes are having some effect on Russian oil refining capacity. US Defense Intelligence Agency claims as much as 14% has been taken off line and that it has affected Russia's domestic prices. As a result, Russia will be importing refined products from Belarus and Kazakhstan. Hopefully Ukraine can hit a couple train shipments. The US has been critical of these strikes, concerned that it could affect world prices. Unless the rest of the world is at refining capacity, I don't see why it would.

And it looks like Russia's last small missile ship in the Black Sea is no more. ISW reports much damage where the Tsyklon was docked. Forbes links a satellite image posted on twitter as this being it sitting on the floor. Sea floor that is:

So new, it has never fired a missile. And if reports are true, never will. Russia had planned on five of these corvettes in the Black Sea. One other was destroyed, two ran away to the Caspian Sea, and another is still under construction.

It looks unlikely that Ukraine can win without foreign boots on the ground. Russia now has a 10 - 1 manpower advantage. And a 3 - 1 artillery advantage. And Russia just keeps increasing military output, while Ukraines arms donors are getting increasingly stingy.

Russia needs to be stopped, and it doesn't seem to be happening right now. I think Western countries need to get directly involved. How likely do you think that will happen?

Right now it looks like the wests balls have shrivelled up and retracted into our bodies. Russia winning would be a disaster. That would be a free pass for Russia to keep going, as well as China starting to become more aggressive.

I don't think it looks so good right now. I'm worried about the state of the world.

Loren Pechtel said: "Israel has second-strike capability. SSGs, not SSBNs, but still enough to ruin the day of whoever caused them to turn their keys."

India has two SSBNs of the four planned before we move to a bigger one, and K-4 SLBMs - 4,000 kms.

200px-K-4_SLBM_Strike_range_envelope_centered_at_Bay_of_Bengal.jpg
Range centered from North Bay of Bengal. You know, some nations are not friendly towards India.
So?

I was simply saying that Israel has second-strike capability, taking them out with nukes would likely be a very bad thing for whoever did it. It wasn't meant to be a comparison to any other country.

It looks unlikely that Ukraine can win without foreign boots on the ground. Russia now has a 10 - 1 manpower advantage. And a 3 - 1 artillery advantage. And Russia just keeps increasing military output, while Ukraines arms donors are getting increasingly stingy.

Russia needs to be stopped, and it doesn't seem to be happening right now. I think Western countries need to get directly involved. How likely do you think that will happen?

Right now it looks like the wests balls have shrivelled up and retracted into our bodies. Russia winning would be a disaster. That would be a free pass for Russia to keep going, as well as China starting to become more aggressive.

I don't think it looks so good right now. I'm worried about the state of the world.
A few months ago I was ridiculed for suggesting that there WILL be European troops in Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom