• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

While it certainly does call the Russians peacekeepers it certainly doesn't absolve Russia for all of it's action.
You expected something different? it's EU we are talking about here. They did not absolve Georgia either, that's what it matters.

Last edited:
Some one* in the Russian lower house has threatened US about placing missiles in Cuba.
* Sergei Mironov, the leader of the “Just Russia - Patriots - For Truth” party.

Some one* in the Russian lower house has threatened US about placing missiles in Cuba.
Yes, Russia should build a base there with nukes, drones and start harassing Florida as soon as possible.
Cosmodrome should be built there too. Russia needs near equator Cosmodrome. Better place would be Venezuela or even Brasil.
Also, Russia needs to close Guantanamo as Obama promised.

Last edited:
Article 5. NATO declares war on Russia.
how? Cuba is not a member of NATO. And you illegally occupy part of the country.
If Cuba wants their territory back they should get all the weapons and training they need to achieve that.
it's their land. Imperialist invaders should be kicked out.

Last edited:

But what did his roommates grandmother's best friend say about it?

how? Cuba is not a member of NATO. And you illegally occupy part of the country.
If Cuba wants their territory back they should get all the weapons and training they need to achieve that.

Start harassing Florida as you suggested and Russia's Navy gets sunk.

Start harassing Florida as you suggested and Russia's Navy gets sunk.
Not a big loss. But then your navi gets sunk.

In a war between NATO and Russia, the remnants of your decrepit navy won't last long. Russia can't even deal with Ukraine's Sea Babies.
Your shiny and mighty Navy won't last much longer.

Curious what facts or evidence make you conclude that this is true?
Just really curious what makes you think the US Navy is extremely vulnerable to Russia’s Navy?

In a war between NATO and Russia, the remnants of your decrepit navy won't last long. Russia can't even deal with Ukraine's Sea Babies.
It doesn’t have to. It just has to last longer.
And it will. Soviet garbage can’t keep up.

Just really curious what makes you think the US Navy is extremely vulnerable to Russia’s Navy?
Barbos seems to only gets his info from conspiracy theory websites. It's not that they are pro-Russia. It's more just that up is down and nothing is what it seems to be. Because people like this are hyper sceptical of anything that doesn't confirm their world view no evidence will convince them of anything

Basically, I think Barbos has gone so far down the rabit hole theirs no point in reasoning with him.
But what did his roommates grandmother's best friend say about it?
Is he that important that I should check? :D
But I still did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Mironov

Russia is not democratic. This is just noise. This is a part of the fascist playbook. Exhaust everyone with utter bullshit on every channel. Its to wind up the discourse to make people pick apart histrionic plays, so they fail to pay attention to the important stuff. Putin has been doing this since forever.

In the article it says that Sergey Mironov is part of the opposition to Putin. Ie, a handpicked (by Putin) stooge he can use to say stuff while being able claim he didn't. Handy when you want to confuse your enemy.

Congratulations signal boosting a Russian disinformation campaign. Congratulations on being a useful tool for Putin

You clearly have not been paying attention.
US Navy is extremely vulnerable to fucking houthis.
Surface navy is useless in modern war. Even LP knows that.

Remember Podoliak, that genocidal ukro-nazi maniac who called for murder of 2 year old babies? The guy who advises Elensky. Well, his older brother recently died. He was a ....... GRU officer in Russia with a rank of colonel.
Syrsky family in Russia, now this. Kinda makes you think is Ukraine really not Russia?

Stephanopaulus interview:
"I was also the guy who expanded NATO .. Not only that I am campaigning, but I am running the world."
the brag, blowhard, boaster, braggadocio, show-off, windbag (choose any word - dictionary.com).
Get some one else for leading USA. Neither Trump nor Biden are fit to lead USA.

Stephanopaulus interview:
"I was also the guy who expanded NATO .. Not only that I am campaigning, but I am running the world."
the brag, blowhard, boaster, braggadocio, show-off, windbag (choose any word - dictionary.com).
Get some one else for leading USA. Neither Trump nor Biden are fit to lead USA.

It's cultural

Because that is the kind of language that appeals to Americans. They think it displays power and authority.

While for cultures like India and Scandinavia the same statements screams insecurity and overcompensating.

Biden is just using the language that appeals to his target audience. Which is the appropriate and smart thing to do. It's his job.

It's also not true. It's the new member states that expanded NATO. NATO is expanded by Russian threats and border countries pulling. Not USA pushing NATO. If any country can be given the credit for expanding NATO it's Russia.

Obviously USA isn't running the world. That's just dumb. But Americans loves those kinds of statements.

Back
Top Bottom