• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Jayjay said:
So Ukraine has about 6 weeks to start making some gains. Even if the momentum may be shifting slowly, that's a difficult task.

What is the difference between a fake referendum now, a fake referendum six weeks from now, a fake referendum six weeks ago or a fake referendum six months from now? Any such referendum will be moot once Ukraine pushes out the Rashists anyway.
The referendum is just for show to Russian people. The key is annexation. When that happens, Russia will claim that they're not just conducting a "special military operation" abroad, but defending holy Russian land from invaders. Legally that means they can use conscripts, and contract soldiers cannot refuse to serve in Ukraine. It will make mobilization efforts easier, regardless of whether Russia will continue the current covert mobilization, or go for the real thing and start forcing reservists to the front. I suspect that threats of using nuclear weapons are also going to be amped up. Russification measures in the occupied territory will become even more drastic than they are now.

All of these things will mean harder time for Ukraine, that still has a long way to go despite recent victories.

Someone should tell Crazy Pelozy that Armenia does not have border with Russia.
And deep down, Russia does not really care if Armenia leaves Russian protection.
Also, Armenia does not have access to sea :)
US neocons are loosing it.

Someone should tell Crazy Pelozy that Armenia does not have border with Russia.
Where did she say it did?
And deep down, Russia does not really care if Armenia leaves Russian protection.
That's the problem. Russia isn't protecting Armenia as it had agreed to do.
Also, Armenia does not have access to sea :)
US neocons are loosing it.
Who said it did?

There's someone losing it, but they're sitting behine a keyboard in Russia.

Once Putler invaded, the country united. The Ukranian family staying with my in-laws in Poland were very pro-Putin. They are Russian speakers. Dislike Ukrainian culture. No more. They hate Russia now.
You want me to believe you that ukrainian refugees went to Poland and told polish that they were pro-putin ? :) And now became pro-Ukraine? after what?

Yeah right, I believe you :)

Sorry man, your garbage is not what actually happening.
What is happening is pro-ukrainian ukrainians are turning pro-russian and they do it on fucking camera! not on twitter with fake names and pictures.

Russia seems to go ahead with annexation via fake "referendums":

Dmitry Medvedev, a former president who is currently deputy chairman of the Security Council, suggested before the announcements that the outcome of such votes would be irreversible and give Moscow - which has the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world - carte blanche to defend what it would regard as legally its own territory.

"Encroachment onto Russian territory is a crime which allows you to use all the forces of self–defence," Medvedev said in a post on Telegram. "This is why these referendums are so feared in Kyiv and the West."

No future Russian leader would be able to constitutionally reverse their outcome, he added.

Vyacheslav Volodin, the head of Russia's State Duma, the lower house of parliament, said that his chamber would support the two regions joining Russia if they voted to do so.

This is pretty much what I predicted over a month ago in August (although the date was pushed back due to poor progress in the battlefield):

Russia is planning to have a fake referendum to annex to territories in Russia on September 11th. After that, it will argue that attacks on occupied territories are attacks against Russia. The purpose of the circus is to make a domestic justification for using nukes or mobilization. Even if no other country recognizes the annexation, it will raise the bar considerably. And even if there wasn't a referendum, the purges and forced Russification of the occupied territories are effective. Already Ukrainian currency is forbidden, schools are forced to teach children only in Russian and according to Russian curriculum, and police forces are replaced by people brought from Russia.

So Ukraine has about 6 weeks to start making some gains. Even if the momentum may be shifting slowly, that's a difficult task.
Yeah they are, terribly feared.
So like that Chechen fuckstick, Kadyrov, Medvedev is running his mouth now too. Let's see who else does during Putin's silence.

Go ahead. Set up a horseshit puppet government if anyone's got the guts to stand the positions. They will be Ukrainian target #1. And they'll have the fire control solution to do it.

Once Putler invaded, the country united. The Ukranian family staying with my in-laws in Poland were very pro-Putin. They are Russian speakers. Dislike Ukrainian culture. No more. They hate Russia now.
You want me to believe you that ukrainian refugees went to Poland and told polish that they were pro-putin ? :) And now became pro-Ukraine? after what?

Sorry man, your garbage is not what actually is happening.
What is happening is pro-ukrainian ukrainians are turning pro-russian and they do it on fucking camera! not on twitter with fake names and pictures.
And as usual, no proof offered.
:LD:

YEAH!!! PRO-RUSSIA MAN!!! That is why the invasion... incursion... day trip (?)... went so smoothly and Ukraine is now an annexed part of Russia and Zelensky flee'd to an island enclave somewhere in Oceania.

However, there was this other poster who goes by barbos here that said the Ukrainians were too far gone and brainwashed against Russia and that there was little to be done to deal with that. You should talk to that barbos person barbos.

Who said it did?
I did not say she did. I implied that Crazy Pelozy wants to open second front on Russia
using a country which:
1. Does not have a border with Russia
2. completely land locked
3. Russia does not really care about them anymore.

Ok, show us. And since you don't believe refugees in Poland, then you have no problem with excluding fake propaganda interviews conducted in Russia. So just one person, still located in Ukrainian part of Ukraine, or a western country. Interviewed on camera, with his own name. And proof that he was "pro-ukrainian" before, and a Putin ass-kisser now.

Go on. We're waiting. You have such good record of always backing up your claims with evidence, so don't let us down now. :cautious:

I posted it long time ago.
You on the other hand never post any proof, twitter bots are not proof.

Go on. We're waiting. You have such good record of always backing up your claims with evidence, so don't let us down now.
Do you fucking even understand the difference between garbage twitter posts and actual man talking to a camera, while in Ukraine?

I posted it long time ago.
Since you brought it up again, post it again.

Who said it did?
I did not say she did. I implied that Crazy Pelozy wants to open second front on Russia
using a country which:
1. Does not have a border with Russia
2. completely land locked
3. Russia does not really care about them anymore.
:cheer:YAY!!!
What are you yaying about? You know nothing about the subject to YAY.
Truth to be told, Azerbajdzhan is "Ukraine" in this story - they lost some territory to Armenia, now they got it back.
So why double standards? Why do you support Armenian "aggressors"?
I thought you were all about country borders.

This Armenia business shows that neocons are desperate.

Righto! Ukraine is totally divided 50-50. They are nearly in a civil war fighting each other. Thank goodness for the Russian troops keeping the peace. Those dang Nato meanies are causing so much strife. And yet somehow, this divided weak nation is kicking the shit out of the Russian troops in their country. How is this happening! It's just a mystery!

Go on. We're waiting. You have such good record of always backing up your claims with evidence, so don't let us down now.
Do you fucking even understand the difference between garbage twitter posts and actual man talking to a camera, while in Ukraine?
Do you understand the difference between providing evidence, and just typing off whatever bullshit you've been fed by Russian propaganda? If the video is posted on this forum before, you should have no trouble finding a link.

(Also, I'm still waiting for you to concede that you were wrong about the Kharkiv city hall video being fake.)

I forget the exact timeline.

There was a pro Putin leader of Ukraine and ethnic Russians who wanted autononmy.

A coup kicked out the pro Putin leader.

Ukraine appears to be yet another example of an arbitarry national baoudaies being drawn on a map without regard for ethnic and political differnces in the boundary.

Righto! Ukraine is totally divided 50-50. They are nearly in a civil war fighting each other. Thank goodness for the Russian troops keeping the peace. Those dang Nato meanies are causing so much strife. And yet somehow, this divided weak nation is kicking the shit out of the Russian troops in their country. How is this happening! It's just a mystery!
There is no Ukraine fighting war with Russia anymore, it's long gone.
It's NATO manned with ukrainians (and 30% western mercenaries) and its their asses being blown.

Back
Top Bottom