• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Nato expansion is dangerous. However, I don't know how else to stop Russian imperialism.
You are not making any sense. There is no such thing a russian imperialism. There is only neocon imperialism.
All you had to do was to not expand NATO and there would have been no war. Of course scum which runs US/EU had a goal to start a war with Russia (and win it). They started it all right, but they are losing it.
Can you point out the NATO expansion that bothered Russia prior to the war?

I don't care, all nazis must die, americans included.
Dark and almost suicidal.

Why? because you haven't supported your "Ukranian Nazi" claims with any actual evidence and completely ignored the fact that Russia are the ones proving through their actions that they are the Nazis. Streets named after historical freedom fighters aren't why Nazis were bad. Nazis were hated for their violent aggression toward neighboring countries and persecution and extermination of minorities. And guess what? Russia is the only party in this conflict violently aggressive against other countries and persecuting minorities.

You just insisted that you want all the the Ukranians to die. Your desire to exterminate minorities and conquer your neighbors makes YOU the Nazi. Only an ignorant fool would let themselves be duped like this. If you want to exterminate the Nazis, please by all means. Start with yourself!

It was (reduction of rival’s power) and it wasn’t (more instability). But there was no way to stop the USSR from crumbling. So what exactly do you think was possible and effective?
Gorbachev wanted some money. US could have given it. Then US would have required less money to spend on its armed forces with a friendly Russia. Perhaps the nuclear pile reduction would have been meaningful. But no, they were the international police. Report: Russia 5,889; US 5,224.
We disagree. The disintegration of gge USSR was inevitable- more money would have not helped.
Agreed. Fundamentally, it fell apart because the big fish were looting it. We could have propped them up a bit but that would have just delayed the inevitable.

You can rest assured with your nukes. When Putler starts to take your land he will do it a little bit at a time, so nuclear retaliation isn’t worth it.
Not much chance of that. Russia is far away and concentrating on Europe. Our worry is China. But our MRBM missiles can reach Moscow and nearly the whole of Russia.
"K-5 is a submarine-launched ballistic missile under development by Defence Research and Development Organisation of India. The missile has a planned range of around 5,000-6,000 kilometres. K-4 is operational for a range of 3,500 km.

240px-Agni-V_ICBM_Range_Envelope_centered_at_Integrated_Test_Range%2C_Odissa.jpg
Range of Agni V (Wikipedia). Agni VI under development (Reported range 10,000 km)*.
* I do not know why they would need that?
Longer range provides three things:

1) More freedom for the sub. Realistically, only meaningful for SSBNs. If you want to hit Moscow with that K-4 it looks like the range doesn't permit the sub to be too far south of India. A longer range gives the sub more sea that it could be hiding in.

2) The longer the range of the missile the higher and faster it will be going midflight. That's not going to make a big difference to the target because the warhead is going to be slowed by the atmosphere during re-entry, but it makes a midcourse intercept harder.

3) Depressed trajectory shots. It's not of too much use to you as Moscow can't be hit that way, but if you needed a surprise shot at a port it could be useful. You give up something in the way of accuracy and you give up a lot of range in exchange for a much shorter flight time. It's more of a use for Moscow than anyone else--get a missile over Washington before people can react.

Just simply stop being such assholes! Stop bombing your neighbors. Stop looting their goods, stealing their land, kidnapping their children.
Ukraine as a state must be destroyed, All nazis and top of their government executed for war crimes.
People must go through denazification and reeducation process and integrated into Russia.
Russia can not allow this kind of shit on its border regardless of their claims of sovereignty or anything. They lost all their rights for the statehood which were a communist era fiction to begin with. Ukraine is Russia, has always been Russia and will be Russia. There is simply no reason for that entity to exist.
I am sick and tired of "ukrainism". You are lucky that I am not president of Russia. Of course, if I had been, then russian establishment would have stopped me.
So you admit your objective is genocide.

You are putting Ukraine in a position where they can't concede. Of course they're going to fight to the bitter end!

EU-Russia "rivalry" is older than US. Europe has been dreaming of destroying Russia since forever.
I do not think they have such dreams, and if they have, they should abandon them. Destroying Russia will result in their own destruction.
Well, that's not entirely correct. Gorbi had been out by the time West decided screw Russia. It was Eltsin era.
NATO expansion and proxy aggressions justify the war.
Now it is Putin/Xi/Kim Jong era. Don't do that.
That is what I have been saying all the time.

Russia's expansionism and attacks on neighbors has caused NATO to expand. and caused many NATO nations to start rebuilding their military ability.
Russia had its own reasons to attack - Expansion of NATO.
Russia has been murdering Ukrainians ever since the days of Stalin. Holodomor. Evil. wicked Russians.
Stalin murdered many other people too. Stalin is not the current Russia.

Russia's expansionism and attacks on neighbors has caused NATO to expand. and caused many NATO nations to start rebuilding their military ability.
Russia has been murdering Ukrainians ever since the days of Stalin. Holodomor. Evil. wicked Russians.

NATO expanded only AFTER RUSSIA ATTACKED UKRAINE! Because Finland and Sweden knew Russia was not going to stop at Ukraine. Over the last decade, Russia has threatened Moldavia and the three Baltic nations repeatedly. Russia will do whatever Russia thinks it can get away with.

Putin is getting bad, not quite Stalin bad, but Pootie is tending Stalin's way. Currently bombing civilians in Ukraine in a terrorist war. Massacres like in Bucha.

NATO expanded only AFTER RUSSIA ATTACKED UKRAINE! Because Finland and Sweden knew Russia was not going to stop at Ukraine. Over the last decade, Russia has threatened Moldavia and the three Baltic nations repeatedly. Russia will do whatever Russia thinks it can get away with.
And your point is?

Just simply stop being such assholes! Stop bombing your neighbors. Stop looting their goods, stealing their land, kidnapping their children.
Ukraine as a state must be destroyed, All nazis and top of their government executed for war crimes.
People must go through denazification and reeducation process and integrated into Russia.
Russia can not allow this kind of shit on its border regardless of their claims of sovereignty or anything. They lost all their rights for the statehood which were a communist era fiction to begin with. Ukraine is Russia, has always been Russia and will be Russia. There is simply no reason for that entity to exist.
I am sick and tired of "ukrainism". You are lucky that I am not president of Russia. Of course, if I had been, then russian establishment would have stopped me.
So you admit your objective is genocide.

You are putting Ukraine in a position where they can't concede. Of course they're going to fight to the bitter end!
No, my goal is justice, not constrained by political considerations justice.

Back
Top Bottom