• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Trade us Stavridis for Pooty?
No, you would have to add a dozen of Stavridises to be a fair trade.
Is it Stavridises or Stavridisi?

Ah, let me help you out here...

Creating the Plural Form of Masculine Nouns in the Greek Language​

As mentioned in a previous article, Greek nouns are classified as to whether or not they are masculine, feminine, or neuter. The classification impacts the endings of the words, as well as the articles of the words. When creating a plural, both the endings and the articles need to be pluralized.

Here’s a look at the plural masculine articles for nouns in Greek:

• Definite Article – ο – (o) as in ο άντρας – on anthras – the man
  • Indefinite Article – ένας (enas) as in ένας άντρας – enas anthras – a man
The first step to creating the plural of masculine words in the Greek language is to make the article plural.

• Definite Article – ο becomes οι (ee) as in οι άνδρες (ee anthres)
To make the indefinite articles plural, you need to do a bit more work. In this case, ένας (enas), which technically means “one” will either be omitted or a number that is more than one will be in its place:

• δύο άνδρες – theeo anthres – two men
  • τρεις άνδρες – trees anthres – three men
  • δέκα άνδρες – theka anthres – ten men
If you want to translate a sentence such as I am Man you would omit the indefinite article completely. The sentence would read: είμαι άνδρας (eemai anthres)

Did you notice how the ending of the word “άντρας” changed to “άνδρες”? Each masculine noun gets a new ending when making a plural. Here’s a look at the plural form for masculine words:

• Words ending in ος (os) become οι (ee) – φίλος (filos) becomes φίλοι
  • Words ending in ής (ees) or ας (as) become ές or ες – so μαθητής (mathitis) becomes μαθητές (mathites)
  • Words ending in ούς (oos) turns into ούδες (oothes) – so παππούς (pappous) becomes παππούδες (pappouthes)
  • Words ending in ές (es) turns into έδες (ethes) – so καφές (kaffes) becomes καφέδες (kafethes)

As with any grammatical concept, it is important to become familiar with it and even practice it a little. However, you don’t need to spend too much time on it. As you begin to experience the Greek language, you will become more familiar.

Simple, right? You're welcome! :D

I seriously doubt Putin is actually planning an invasion. All of this maneuvering doesn’t amount to a full scale invasion of the country. He’s put 70,000 troops on the border. He’d likely need ten times that number for a full scale invasion. This has all the hallmarks of another psyop on the part of Putin. He’s sending a message: don’t join NATO. And they shouldn’t.
He can't invade Ukraine, that is negative. He would be inserting troops to "stabilize the region" of Eastern Ukraine. Russian citizens are in danger there! This is a humanitarian missi... wait, what did Eastern Ukraine say? They "want" to rejoin Russia?! Well of course, but let's "vote" on it first. This isn't empire building, it is "democracy in action". Besides, *insert historical fluff about how Eastern Ukraine is really Russia in Ukraine*. The fact that we can put into words what hasn't, but will, happen is a bit comical and sad. This is a bloody rerun, change the channel!

I get that the EU, NATO, US can all be political and act on their own self-interests even at the harming of other national self-interests, but barbos is allowing to be sold a Russia is the victim angle here.

You don't remember because you were not alive. You only know what your handlers have told you about it.
No, I read it on wikipedia and I have no handlers.

So why did you feel so threatened by Cuba that you decided to "non-invade" it?
Cuba is even smaller than Ukraine and it is separated by water.
Money. The guy who replaced our guy was fucking with our money. And that couldn't be allowed. We needed to fix things and put someone a lot more democratic capitalistic someone that'd let us do whatever the heck we wanted (and give us back our stuff) in charge. And the best part, we just needed a small force. The people of Cuba would rise up and join us and do most of the hard work. They missed their dictator! This was a humanitarian mission! :D

It was pretty much an across the seas version of John Brown's Harper's Ferry.

Also, this was never about territory and trying to seize control of Cuba. We'd already given them their independence twice. We just wanted the agriculture and vacation stuff. And Cubans worked cheap! Yeah, the US are dicks sometimes.

Ukraine is different. Putin is annexing territory. The funny part about most of this is that the thing putting the US and Russia at odds is merely shadow projection. We share a lot in common. The main differences are the US is actually successful economically and we outsource our cruelty.

You don't remember because you were not alive. You only know what your handlers have told you about it.

Money. The guy who replaced our guy was fucking with our money. And that couldn't be allowed. We needed to fix things and put someone a lot more democratic capitalistic someone that'd let us do whatever the heck we wanted (and give us back our stuff) in charge. And the best part, we just needed a small force. The people of Cuba would rise up and join us and do most of the hard work. They missed their dictator! This was a humanitarian mission! :D

Also, this was never about territory and trying to seize control of Cuba. We'd already given them their independence twice. We just wanted the agriculture and vacation stuff. And Cubans worked cheap! Yeah, the US are dicks sometimes.

Ukraine is different. Putin is annexing territory.
Yes, Ukraine starts with 'U' then it is 'k' .....

I am sorry it's only quantitatively different. You replaced russian puppet with yours who decided to cut all economic ties and give Sevastopol base to NATO, it would cost orders and orders of magnitude more money to Russia than cubans taking over your whore house business.

By the way, legally speaking Sevastopol have never been a part of Ukraine, Not in Soviet Union not in independent Ukraine. It was never formally redistricted into Ukraine, it has always been part of Russia. Russia was paying rent for something they owned to some random guy (Ukraine). Russian accountants suck!
Would it be funny if NATO got into Sevastopol and then russian lawyers come and kick you out because Ukraine had no rights over it :)

Ukraine is different. Putin is annexing territory.
Yes, Ukraine starts with 'U' then it is 'k' .....

I am sorry it's only quantitatively different. You replaced russian puppet with yours who decided to cut all economic ties and give Sevastopol base to NATO, it would cost orders and orders of magnitude more money to Russia than cubans taking over your whore house business.
I've got to think there was more money in agriculture and hotels. Regardless, wasn't Ukraine kind of sick of the bs and corruption, so they elected a populist instead? There were reasons he won the election. Ukrainian government is an absolute mess.
By the way, legally speaking Sevastopol have never been a part of Ukraine, Not in Soviet Union not in independent Ukraine. It was never formally redistricted into Ukraine, it has always been part of Russia. Russia was paying rent for something they owned to some random guy (Ukraine) Russian accountants suck!
Like I said, *insert fluff*.

I've got to think there was more money in agriculture and hotels.
What is the difference between Cuban hotel at the time and a brothel?
Regardless, wasn't Ukraine kind of sick of the bs and corruption, so they elected a populist instead? There were reasons he won the election. Ukrainian government is an absolute mess
Which populist? the last one? yes, he is a professional comedian who played a president on TV.
Previous one was a billionaire, corrupt one at that. He is gonna win next elections though. If you combine these two and take 70% of the brain out you will get Trump

I'd assume the room service amenities vary. Though I'd say you are struggling to be disagreeable here.
Regardless, wasn't Ukraine kind of sick of the bs and corruption, so they elected a populist instead? There were reasons he won the election. Ukrainian government is an absolute mess
Which populist? the last one? yes, he is a professional comedian who played a president on TV.
Previous one was a billionaire, corrupt one at that. He is gonna win next elections though. If you combine these two and take 70% of the brain out you will get Trump
There is a lot more to Trump's trumpiness than lack of brains, especially for politics. Again, Trump is off-topic. This thread is about how Putin is going to help "stabilize" the danger to "Russians" in Eastern Ukraine. This will be followed by Eastern Ukraine "asking" to "rejoin Russia". There will be an "election"... and the West will call it BS and sanction Russia because NATO sure the heck isn't going to war over Ukraine.

I'd assume the room service amenities vary. Though I'd say you are struggling to be disagreeable here.
There is a lot more to Trump's trumpiness than lack of brains, especially for politics. Again, Trump is off-topic. This thread is about how Putin is going to help "stabilize" the danger to "Russians" in Eastern Ukraine. This will be followed by Eastern Ukraine "asking" to "rejoin Russia". There will be an "election"... and the West will call it BS and sanction Russia because NATO sure the heck isn't going to war over Ukraine.
Trump is a corrupt billionaire and a showman, the last two Ukrainian presidents were a corrupt billionaire and a showman. The difference these two are not dumb.'

You seem to be implying that Crimeans really wanted to stay in Ukraine, but Putin forced them to vote to leave.

Sorry to disappoint you but even the most brain-dead ukrainians don't believe that. otherwise they would not have cut water immediately once it became clear that voting can't be stopped.

Eastern Ukraine is less russian than Crimea but is still safely russian and "ukrainians" don't dispute that. Crimea leaving was not a sham, sorry.

If I had to predict, I think Ukraine will try to invade Eastern Ukraine in the hope for Russia invasion but it would not happen, instead they will repel invasion from the air.

Remember you all were sure that Putin would occupy Georgia? Well, he did not, he left after repelling georgian attack on South Ossetia. Putin is not as dumb as your dumb admirals think. He understands that he needs to do just enough to save Nord Stream 2, even though your corrupt media will try to paint him as aggressor there.

I don’t blame Pooty for his Ukraine paranoia. Ukraine joining NATO would be to Russia just a little bit like Newfoundland joining the Soviet Union would be to the US (except dumber). Maybe not an immediate overt threat, but uncomfortable on a lot of levels.
OTOH, Russia taking it over would put the Bear right on the doorstep of Western Europe. Maybe the current state of instability needs to be stabilized as such.

You seem to be implying that Crimeans really wanted to stay in Ukraine, but Putin forced them to vote to leave.

Sorry to disappoint you but even the most brain-dead ukrainians don't believe that. otherwise they would not have cut water immediately once it became clear that voting can't be stopped.
That is so reassuring. :cool:
Eastern Ukraine is less russian than Crimea but is still safely russian and "ukrainians" don't dispute that.
You, filling in my narrative already.
If I had to predict, I think Ukraine will try to invade Eastern Ukraine in the hope for Russia invasion but it would not happen, instead they will repel invasion from the air.
And shooting down Dutch airlines.
Remember you all were sure that Putin would occupy Georgia? Well, he did not, he left after repelling georgian attack on South Ossetia. Putin is not as dumb as your dumb admirals think. He understands that he needs to do just enough to save Nord Stream 2, even though your corrupt media will try to paint him as aggressor there.
I have no idea how smart of dumb Putin is. I'm not sold on if he is a one man show or a puppet of a large group. I think it might be a smart front man of a larger group. But your statements seem at odds. Why would Ukraine start a war in eastern Ukraine?

I don’t blame Pooty for his Ukraine paranoia. Ukraine joining NATO would be to Russia just a little bit like Newfoundland joining the Soviet Union would be to the US (except dumber). Maybe not an immediate overt threat, but uncomfortable on a lot of levels.
OTOH, Russia taking it over would put the Bear right on the doorstep of Western Europe. Maybe the current state of instability needs to be stabilized as such.
Isn't this the issue? I'm not sold NATO really wants Ukraine to join up. It would destabilize NATO, not empower it. Putin/Russia likes to kick hornets nests.

Isn't this the issue? I'm not sold NATO really wants Ukraine to join up. It would destabilize NATO, not empower it. Putin/Russia likes to kick hornets nests.
No, not that. You keep implying that NATO is a nice organization but it's not if you are a country which is on a receiving end of that shit (ask Serbia)
NATO is constantly harassing Russian forces at russian border. Forbids cargo military planes passing over NATO countries. It was a pain in the ass during Russian anti-terrorism campaign in Syria for example. Russia is an ultimate goal of NATO, nothing really changed since Cold War. And it has been that way since Russia became big.
Great Britain France started the fucking Crimean War for no other reasons than Russia being big.

No, not that. You keep implying that NATO is a nice organization but it's not if you are a country which is on a receiving end of that shit (ask Serbia)
NATO is constantly harassing Russian forces at russian border. Forbids cargo military planes passing over NATO countries. It was a pain in the ass during Russian anti-terrorism campaign in Syria for example. Russia is an ultimate goal of NATO, nothing really changed since Cold War. And it has been that way since Russia became big.
Great Britain France started the fucking Crimean War for no other reasons than Russia being big.
I'm sure you think that.

And I'm sure that lady downtown really thinks she's a Russian Princess.

Back
Top Bottom