• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How was this a sensible answer?

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Yesterday my wife asked me a question in the market. My response was "No Yes."

Note that she asked me *ONE* question, not two. I gave a short but completely sensible answer.

What did she ask me?

That sounds like most of your responses in the political forum, but you specifically said "completely sensible answer," so I guess the question was not political in nature.

"How many yeses should I buy at eighteen dollars per dozen?"

"Do you want banana or blueberries on your cereal?" or any other either/or question that involves indicating two items.

"How many yeses should I buy at eighteen dollars per dozen?"

Probably as good as anyone is going to come up with.

She was asking if there was a copy of the magazine "Yes" in the rack.

"Do you want banana or blueberries on your cereal?" or any other either/or question that involves indicating two items.

I specifically said it was one question. She was seeking a single piece of information, I provided it.

Note that she asked me *ONE* question, not two. I gave a short but completely sensible answer.

What did she ask me?

When I asked you if we needed more eggs, did you say "No"?

Or perhaps:

Which two English words are opposites and can be combined to form the surname of a British Poet most famous for his ballad "The Highwayman"?

What did she ask me?

Did you have sex with my sister?

Explain how my answer is supposed to fit that question.

Besides, I made it pretty easy--not the capitalization of the original post.
H
Hmmm...let me think... hmmmm ...oh yes.

Like Bill Clinton when he said no he did not have sex with Lewinski, but yes she gave him a blow job.

One of those morally ambiguous answers.

Besides, I made it pretty easy--not the capitalization of the original post.
Oh, made it easy.
I see.
See, by the title of the thread, and it being in a 'logic' forum, we all assumed you were looking for people to solve the puzzle and find A question that fit the response.
You were looking for more of a telepathic attempt to discover THE question that was asked. Didn't realize.

And i do feel the need to point out what's probably a typo in your comment above. "Not" should probably read "Note," I would guess? I only point this out to show that maybe, just maybe, the capitalization of the second word might have been seen as a typo, and not considered to be significant on the face of it.
Sure. YOU know it was significant. But the rest of us aren't telepathic....

Back
Top Bottom