• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How would you react if Trump North Korea cooperative?

Trump is taking credit for the upcoming talks between N and S Korea. He had nothing to do with it.
You are clearly forgetting his fire and brimstone warnings to North Korea. It completely scared them into making overtures to allow them to place athletes in the Olympics.

I know you are joking, but what about the reverse? Would people give credit to Kim Jong Un for getting an American President to meet with him? Maybe when a country has nukes, they eventually are in the club?

How would you react if Kim Jong Un America cooperative?

So let's say an American President finally meets with North Korean leader? How much cred would you give to Kim Jong Un for joining the nuclear club?

Trump is taking credit for the upcoming talks between N and S Korea. He had nothing to do with it.
You are clearly forgetting his fire and brimstone warnings to North Korea. It completely scared them into making overtures to allow them to place athletes in the Olympics.

I know you are joking, but what about the reverse? Would people give credit to Kim Jong Un for getting an American President to meet with him? Maybe when a country has nukes, they eventually are in the club?
They aren't in a club because they have nukes. North Korea would need to have global vision and tentacles in other nation affairs to try and strong arm into that club.

It is that we won't be evicting them from NK leadership role because they have nukes.

They have nukes but still lack influence globally. Their military likely can't manage much except tearing down South Korea and using the South's resources.

They aren't in a club because they have nukes. North Korea would need to have global vision and tentacles in other nation affairs to try and strong arm into that club.

It is that we won't be evicting them from NK leadership role because they have nukes.

They have nukes but still lack influence globally. Their military likely can't manage much except tearing down South Korea and using the South's resources.

True but that's not the point. No man is really an island and we all stand on the shoulders of others. No single person gets credit for a thing that involved nations. If we're going to give cred to Trump for being a jackass then we might as well give cred to kim jong un too.

He absolutely had something to do with it. He's shown that the US is now a joke and can't be counted on so our allies are beginning to go it alone. With 'Murica out of the way (we're too busy becoming great again), the Koreas can now talk amongst themselves and we're not invited.

Would you say that's probably for the best from the perspective of the world at large though?

Trump is saying he's "open to talks with little rocket man", and North Korea is now having talks with South Korea for the first time in a long time leading up to the Olympics. What if Trump meets with Kim and Kim suddenly becomes cooperative and brings democracy to North Korea?

How would you react? Trump would still be Trump the rude idiot. Would you look at him any differently? Would you "give him credit" for "winning so huge"?
I consider FFvC to me a little like a caustic Mr. Magoo, though not always lucky. I'd be impressed if El Cheato's Administrations flailing even achieved a path towards de-nuclearization of the Korean peninsula. Bringing democracy to NK...ROTFLMAO. Like Elixor said, I'd sooner expect to see the wings of the anti-Christ as FFvC starts flying.

Like a broken military clock (right once a day), the Dotard has also been part 2 non-shutdowns of the government so far; he has also made noise about some sort of reform of the H1B visa program, something that neither party thinks important. I'm sure he has accidentally gotten a couple other things right over the last year...

He absolutely had something to do with it. He's shown that the US is now a joke and can't be counted on so our allies are beginning to go it alone. With 'Murica out of the way (we're too busy becoming great again), the Koreas can now talk amongst themselves and we're not invited.

Would you say that's probably for the best from the perspective of the world at large though?

I would. It's one of the only good things about having such an idiot in the WH. However, we're giving up our ability to play world leader once the rest of the world realizes they can make things better without us. I'm personally ok with that change but I'm fairly certain many conservatives in this country will be very upset when they realize we can't project power/influence the way we used to.

I would. It's one of the only good things about having such an idiot in the WH. However, we're giving up our ability to play world leader once the rest of the world realizes they can make things better without us. I'm personally ok with that change but I'm fairly certain many conservatives in this country will be very upset when they realize we can't project power/influence the way we used to.

I don't think they'll be very upset (though they might pretend to be), as long as they still have the ability to raid the treasury for their own personal benefit.

Trump is saying he's "open to talks with little rocket man", and North Korea is now having talks with South Korea for the first time in a long time leading up to the Olympics. What if Trump meets with Kim and Kim suddenly becomes cooperative and brings democracy to North Korea?

How would you react?

Same way I reacted when pigs started flying.

I would give up the acid for a while.

I don't think they'll be very upset (though they might pretend to be), as long as they still have the ability to raid the treasury for their own personal benefit.

But if it's not us projecting our might and starting conflicts, another country's defense industry will be making all the money. America first!

In Trump's mind, he is making North Korea "cooperative" by out-crazying the crazy. So far, the Trump supporters I know seem to love his belligerent taunts. This is what they voted for.

So it is worth noting that Trump is looking at a new strategic policy that is being called the "Bloody Nose strategy". Basically, it is that the US will preemptively strike some target in North Korea with one or more tactical nukes. That will sort of shock and awe Kim Jong Un into suddenly behaving like a rational leader, because bullies always back down when you give them a "bloody nose". What could possibly go wrong?

See What is Trump's "bloody nose" strategy for North Korea?

In Trump's mind, he is making North Korea "cooperative" by out-crazying the crazy. So far, the Trump supporters I know seem to love his belligerent taunts. This is what they voted for.

So it is worth noting that Trump is looking at a new strategic policy that is being called the "Bloody Nose strategy". Basically, it is that the US will preemptively strike some target in North Korea with one or more tactical nukes. That will sort of shock and awe Kim Jong Un into suddenly behaving like a rational leader, because bullies always back down when you give them a "bloody nose". What could possibly go wrong?

See What is Trump's "bloody nose" strategy for North Korea?

Hey, it worked for the Japanese Empire at Pearl Harbor. Once they sank the US Pacific Fleet, Roosevelt was shocked into backing down and lifting the sanctions on their imports of oil and gasoline.

Oh, wait.

Back
Top Bottom