• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I agree with Deepak Chopra

I don't equate education with intelligence.

Neither do I. But I do tend to correlate ignorance with lack of education (me being the exception of course :) )

It is a sign of subservience.
Usually doing a bunch of meaningless tasks at the command of some master.

Usually... but is this such a case? People who feel that they have no voice - whether due to their lack of education, intelligence or friends in high places - are given the chance to bask in the rosy glow of Trump's Scathing Condemnation of Those Who Are To Blame. Can you fault them for taking him up on it?

The Trump supporter is living in another universe.
One where Mexicans are somehow a big problem and a crazed Muslim is hiding as a transgender in every girls bathroom.

Are you trying to say that crazed transgender Mexican Muslims are NOT a problem? Or just not THE problem? </facetious>

It doesn't matter how people came to feel so disaffected - the fact is that they do feel that way, and will eagerly rally round anyone who can identify, personify and vilify the Responsible Party.

Neither do I. But I do tend to correlate ignorance with lack of education...

Only if "ignorance" is defined narrowly.

It doesn't matter how people came to feel so disaffected - the fact is that they do feel that way, and will eagerly rally round anyone who can identify, personify and vilify the Responsible Party.

The Responsible party is an economic system moving capital to areas of lowest labor and production costs.

The Responsible party is that labor has no control over the capital it generates.

It does matter what the cause is.

Without the recognition of the causes of the problems they will never even be addressed.

Just more and more jails.

One where Mexicans are somehow a big problem and a crazed Muslim is hiding as a transgender in every girls bathroom.

Right? When did Mexicans become a problem? I always considered Mexico friendly. A good source for large quantities of drugs too which makes them good government friends you'd think. Why am I to believe that Mexicans are out to get me? I simply can't do that.

And Muslims are doing what? They have always acted creepy in my opinion. Suddenly I'm supposed to be more frightened of them than usual because why now? 20,000 Americans murder each other each year, and it takes isis half as long to kill non-Americans. Imagine how long it would take to get actual Americans, on American soil. A long ass time played out by horrifying media - which is where the assault actually is. Same media that created Trump. Nothing about Mexico frightens me. That is just stupid. Muslims yes but that is normal.

The Responsible party is an economic system moving capital to areas of lowest labor and production costs.
The Responsible party is that labor has no control over the capital it generates.
It does matter what the cause is.

It matters to those who genuinely understand that cause - which you obviously do. But Trumpsters are generally unable to get their minds around the complexity of those issues, and are therefore attracted to the simple answers provided by Trump's caricatures of The Villain.

Without the recognition of the causes of the problems they will never even be addressed.

That's why it is imperative that teh Donald never becomes President.

Back
Top Bottom