• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I Can't Wait

DLH

Basic Beliefs
Bible Believer
Since, as an atheist, having carefully studied the Bible and becoming a firm believer in it I have often entertained the scenario in which, upon Judgment Day or thereabout, when I get the formidable opportunity to witness the science minded atheists being informed of the obvious metaphysical fabrication that is the so called theory of Evolution and the joy of seeing the creation of the universe, life and everything explained to them by the representatives of he who created it all!

Amen, I will say. For they knew not that they were misinformed.

Since, as an atheist, having carefully studied the Bible and becoming a firm believer in it I have often entertained the scenario in which, upon Judgment Day or thereabout, when I get the formidable opportunity to witness the science minded atheists being informed of the obvious metaphysical fabrication that is the so called theory of Evolution and the joy of seeing the creation of the universe, life and everything explained to them by the representatives of he who created it all!

I'm a little confused.

You are an atheist who believes firmly in the bible.

Also you want to share your wet dream of watching atheists get their mind blown away by cosmic explanations from the person who created everything when "Judgement Day" rolls around?

I will just be over here quaking in my boots, if anyone needs me. :rolleyes:

You can’t convince us yourself so you have to imagine that there’s another place where YOUR sense of justice is going to be served finally, and those that wrong you get their comeuppance. It's a long wait, but for now I guess whatever fantasy helps you endure the frustration in your life will do, eh?

How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?” Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.”

Also you want to share your wet dream of watching atheists get their mind blown away by cosmic explanations from the person who created everything when "Judgement Day" rolls around?
For a while i was always running into believers who are waiting for God to avenge their every slight. Their eyes glaze over and they spread spittle as they describe the tortures facing everyone who disagrees with them about God, morality, what's allowed on TV, who gets to vote and what's taught in schools.

For such an 'original freethinker,' DLH seems to be a pretty standard, petty little believer.

I'm a little confused.

I think he means, "I used to be an atheist, but then I read the Bible and now I believe in God. And I can't wait until everyone who disagreed with me gets their comeuppance."

See also: I Warned You

I'm a little confused.

I am formerly an atheist who became a believer.

Not a nocturnal emission in a literal sense but it refers to all manufacturers of dairy food products. [Life of Brian reference] Also, I don't think that Judgement Day is properly understood by most people, perhaps there will be opportunity to explain this later.

You can’t convince us yourself [snip]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa . . . I never thought I could convince you of anything. I don't perceive you as reasonable people when it comes to the topic of the supernatural. It's interesting, actually. I think that if you could examine the topic theoretically you could do it, but emotionally you are not able to do that. I've always found that interesting.

so you have to imagine that there’s another place where YOUR sense of justice is going to be served finally, [snip]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa . . . My sense of justice is perverted and insignificant. It's Jehovah God's sense of justice I look very carefully to. Though for me to speculate in any real sense as to what that might be in an individual application would be presumptuous, don't think for a minute that I imagine myself in a better position than you [the average atheist], but I will say this. Hypothetically, just for the sake of argument, in the unlikely event that Jehovah God chose me to be a judge of atheists I would be very understanding and hopeful of a positive outcome for you, whatever individually that might be.

and those that wrong you get their comeuppance.

Is this really the oversimplified sort of . . . political . . . and petty way you see this possibility going down?

It's a long wait, but for now I guess whatever fantasy helps you endure the frustration in your life will do, eh?

It's not such a long wait, I'm nearly 50 years of age. [Old Ozzy Osbourne reference] Not likely to be more than 30 years, if that. As far as the fantasy. Yeah. That's about it.

How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?” Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.”

I have known some very religious people who are very interested in science and space. I personally happen not to be. Space is really impressive to look at. For about half an hour, tops, for me, and just really, really big [Douglas Adams paraphrase] and boring as hell. That's just me. I'm much more interested in keeping my feet on the ground. That is a great deal more interesting to me. Earth. People.

For a while i was always running into believers who are waiting for God to avenge their every slight. Their eyes glaze over and they spread spittle as they describe the tortures facing everyone who disagrees with them about God, morality, what's allowed on TV, who gets to vote and what's taught in schools.

For such an 'original freethinker,' DLH seems to be a pretty standard, petty little believer.

Yeah. One of the reasons I so loath "Christians." But you got me all wrong, wouldn't you like to know the truth about everything from the one who made it if it turned out that it was revealed to you that he had? Or would you rather just eat dirt? Those are the options and the choice is yours.

So you wrote a provocative OP only to draw people out so you can then twist things in order to “show them up”. That’s trolling.

Aught-O. Wump! There it is! The dread troll accusation. The flaw in your explanation is that even with my experience in this sort of activity I couldn't have predicted the stupidity of the responses. The OP was a genuine and simple one.

11406477_869110063159207_9110515527220088759_o.jpg

Can't wait.

Meanwhile, I am not holding my breath.

Very amusing, Izzy, but hypothetically we are talking about a personal revelation to atheists, not scriptural "evidence."

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait.

Maybe you should try. You might evolve an oxygen tank.

upon Judgment Day or thereabout...

Because after all, why just one day?

Perhaps we'll be graced (pun intended) with a Judgement 3-Day Weekend! Or maybe a whole Judgement Week! It'll be like Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, just with a whole lot more Judgement (and fewer sharks, apparently).

Or maybe we'll go old school and have a Judgement Fortnight. That will throw off the kids, huh? They'll have to look it up on Wikipedia, but by then it will be too late...

:poke_with_stick:

Very amusing, Izzy, but hypothetically we are talking about a personal revelation to atheists, not scriptural "evidence."

- - - Updated - - -

Can't wait.

Individuals do not evolve. Populations do, over many generations. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject before you make an even bigger fool of yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Individuals do not evolve. Populations do, over many generations. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject before you make an even bigger fool of yourself?

Well, then, okay. Maybe you should form an autonomous collective of atheists and all hold your fucking breaths until you evolve gills or something, huh?

Yeah. One of the reasons I so loath "Christians." But you got me all wrong, wouldn't you like to know the truth about everything from the one who made it if it turned out that it was revealed to you that he had? Or would you rather just eat dirt? Those are the options and the choice is yours.

Empty claims are easy to make. And just as easy to dismiss. Want to be taken seriously? Produce this supernatural creator.

upon Judgment Day or thereabout...

Because after all, why just one day?

Perhaps we'll be graced (pun intended) with a Judgement 3-Day Weekend! Or maybe a whole Judgement Week! It'll be like Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, just with a whole lot more Judgement (and fewer sharks, apparently).

Or maybe we'll go old school and have a Judgement Fortnight. That will throw off the kids, huh? They'll have to look it up on Wikipedia, but by then it will be too late...

:poke_with_stick:

Oh, look! It's that guy again! :picking_a_fight: What took you so long. I was beginning to think maybe you had been raptured.

:realitycheck:

Judgment day lasts a thousand years.

Back
Top Bottom