• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I Can't Wait

Empty claims are easy to make. And just as easy to dismiss. Want to be taken seriously? Produce this supernatural creator.

Was it Abe Lincoln what said that it's easy to get someone to believe something but damn near impossible to correct them once they do, or words to that effect.

One doesn't go around producing supernatural creators, contrary to the atheist agenda. Patience, grasshopper. You will know him in due time.

They've been saying that for 2000 years.

How long do you have to be lied to before you catch on?

"oooh, just wait until judgement day...everyone I hate will get what's coming to them!"

"oooh, just wait until judgement day...everyone I hate will get what's coming to them!"

Assuming of course that God wouldn't go all: "Y'know what... I'm sick of all these sycophants and people claiming to understand what I'm about, so I'm rewarding the atheists and fuck everyone else."

Empty claims are easy to make. And just as easy to dismiss. Want to be taken seriously? Produce this supernatural creator.

Was it Abe Lincoln what said that it's easy to get someone to believe something but damn near impossible to correct them once they do, or words to that effect.

One doesn't go around producing supernatural creators, contrary to the atheist agenda. Patience, grasshopper. You will know him in due time.

I don't believe you. Facts and reason tell me your hollow claims are full of shit.

Odd...we all know that at 02:14 on August 29th 1997, Skynet became self-aware and war with the machines broke out.

That was Judgement Day according to the second movie (which is certainly as historically accurate as Revelations), but then of course Sarah Connor and her son defeated the T-1000, thus at the very least pushing back Judgement Day. Unless you go by the "special edition" release where John Connor becomes a Senator in 2029 and Judgement Day never happens.

Or you could go by the Terminator 3 timeline where Skynet becomes self-aware July 25, 2004 and launches its nukes, but that's questionable too because we are still very much here and not fighting against the machines.

And even if you consider the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" to be canon, Judgement Day happened over four years ago in April of 2011!

Jesus, this predicting of Judgement Day is tough!

Odd...we all know that at 02:14 on August 29th 1997, Skynet became self-aware and war with the machines broke out.

That was Judgement Day according to the second movie (which is certainly as historically accurate as Revelations), but then of course Sarah Connor and her son defeated the T-1000, thus at the very least pushing back Judgement Day. Unless you go by the "special edition" release where John Connor becomes a Senator in 2029 and Judgement Day never happens.

Wait, wait. This is important. Far more important than the rest of this thread. Is it really true that the special edition of Terminator 2 had John Connor become a senator, or did you just make that up?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Or maybe we'll go old school and have a Judgement Fortnight. That will throw off the kids, huh? They'll have to look it up on Wikipedia, but by then it will be too late...
I like that. Kinda like sweeps week. There'll be a big build up and an advanced calendar. Judgment Week.
And then we'll be guessing ahead of time, which celebrity will get Judged on Lust Day, and who'll be Judged on Sloth Day...

Trump'll be on Greed Day, we'd all bet, but he may surprise us with a secret fetish for binge eating Mexican burritos and get Judged on Gluttony Day.
That'll spin 'em a tizzy in Vegas....

Dystopian:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEpjgFZpAt0[/YOUTUBE]

Because after all, why just one day?

Perhaps we'll be graced (pun intended) with a Judgement 3-Day Weekend! Or maybe a whole Judgement Week! It'll be like Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, just with a whole lot more Judgement (and fewer sharks, apparently).

Or maybe we'll go old school and have a Judgement Fortnight. That will throw off the kids, huh? They'll have to look it up on Wikipedia, but by then it will be too late...

:poke_with_stick:

Oh, look! It's that guy again! :picking_a_fight: What took you so long. I was beginning to think maybe you had been raptured.

:realitycheck:

Judgment day lasts a thousand years.

Of course it does. Because once you embrace belief, absolutely anything goes, and words have any meaning you like.

I might agree with you, but I can't because it is impossible to have any idea what you are actually trying to say. :rolleyes:

I suggest you respond quickly, while it is still 'try to understand DLH's bullshit week'.

Sorry, too late. It only lasted a millisecond.

Or you could go by the Terminator 3 timeline where Skynet becomes self-aware July 25, 2004 and launches its nukes, but that's questionable too because we are still very much here and not fighting against the machines.

And even if you consider the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" to be canon, Judgement Day happened over four years ago in April of 2011!

Jesus, this predicting of Judgement Day is tough!

I am most certainly fighting against the machines. But that's not Canon, it is a clapped out old HP. Still, all printers seem to be pre-emptively starting the Rise of the Machines. (Apart from my B&W laser printer, which has never given me any trouble. But he ain't heavy, he's my Brother).

Oh, look! It's that guy again! :picking_a_fight: What took you so long. I was beginning to think maybe you had been raptured.

:realitycheck:

Judgment day lasts a thousand years.

Of course it does. Because once you embrace belief, absolutely anything goes, and words have any meaning you like.

I might agree with you, but I can't because it is impossible to have any idea what you are actually trying to say. :rolleyes:

I suggest you respond quickly, while it is still 'try to understand DLH's bullshit week'.

Judgement day lasts a thousand years. Revelation 20:4, 6. "And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years."

Judgement day lasts a thousand years.

So then how long does Judgement Month last? I mean it could be 30 thousand years, or 31 thousand, but if it happens in February it could be 28 thousand or 29 thousand depending on if it is Leap Judgement Day, but that only happens once every four thousand years. Or is it 40 thousand?

:confused:

Very amusing, Izzy, but hypothetically we are talking about a personal revelation to atheists, not scriptural "evidence."

OK, if I had a "personal revelation" that you are wrong. why would I believe your personal revelation over my own? (if you cite scripture, see my photo above)

Very amusing, Izzy, but hypothetically we are talking about a personal revelation to atheists, not scriptural "evidence."

OK, if I had a "personal revelation" that you are wrong. why would I believe your personal revelation over my own? (if you cite scripture, see my photo above)

You wouldn't. If I understand you correctly. My question to you was that if you died, and were resurrected, and had a period of 1,000 years to be informed on the creation of the universe, Earth, life by a creator that was contrary to the one you believed prior to that resurrection would you believe it. I'm not talking about a vision, or dream, or religious belief or scientific speculation, I'm talking about an account of creation from the creator.

What if there was a gwad and you weren't perpetuating an elaborate hoax

You wouldn't. If I understand you correctly. My question to you was that if you died, and were resurrected, and had a period of 1,000 years to be informed on the creation of the universe, Earth, life by a creator that was contrary to the one you believed prior to that resurrection would you believe it. I'm not talking about a vision, or dream, or religious belief or scientific speculation, I'm talking about an account of creation from the creator.

So if you were eaten by a giant mouse, but didn't die, and spent a thousand years learning from the mouse's gut flora about the importance of unicellular life and how your multicellular existence was a sin for which you will be punished by flaying alive, would you believe it? I'm not talking about a vision, or dream, or religious belief or scientific speculation, I'm talking about an account of unicellularity from the Great E.Coli itself.

Because both my scenario and yours are equally likely to occur*, so if the answer to one question is important, so is the answer to the other.

*Actually, my scenario is slightly more plausible, because both mice and E.Coli are real things that exist. But I will be generous, as the difference in likelihood is quite small.

I'm talking about an account of creation from the creator.

Why does God have to describe it to dead people or via code in an old book?

If, during your bizarre version of "Judgment Day", God’s account of the earth is different than how the earth works, then I would conclude he’s full of shit. An authority figure telling me “How I Did It” isn’t as impressive as looking to the earth itself.

Last edited:

Judgement day lasts a thousand years. Revelation 20:4, 6. "And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast nor its image and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years."

And why do you believe the Bible provides an accurate description of reality in this matter, when so many claims of the Bible are wrong and contradict our understanding of reality?

We know. You had started another thread on this very subject, which you abandoned once the novelty wore off for you.

Back
Top Bottom