• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I weep for humanity

It matters to guys who know her. To her immediate family, and close friends.

It is NOT worthy of international attention.

Which means it matters to almost every guy out there who is involved with a woman.
No.
Care to take a guess at how many men that is?

The number of people who give a shit if one particular woman gets a haircut would be a couple of dozen, tops - if she has a lot of close friends and a large family.

Women get haircuts all the time. One particular woman getting a haircut is not worthy of making international news.

Normally, I'd agree with you on the not giving a shit part, but now I find I've been drawn into the story and am fascinated by it. Who is this woman and what was the motivation behind this haircut? We need to delve deeper into this story and find out the details which led to her decision to get it.

Perhaps rifling through her garbage will bring us some clues.

Of all of the things going on in the world today, Facebook has detected that 'Woman gets haircut' is amongst the top three most talked about online.

WTF is wrong with people?

View attachment 4811

I don't know who Gigi Hadid is, but even if she had discovered the cure for AIDS, or developed a Grand Unified Theory linking QFT with Relativity, it STILL would not be newsworthy that she had a haircut - except to her immediate family and close friends.

This shit is why we can't have nice things. People waste all their effort and attention on moronic trivia.

From my personal observation the majority of the online community is not interested in intellectual discussion. Personally I think it is simply escapism.

Remember, "The media is the message." Marshall McLuhan

Of all of the things going on in the world today, Facebook has detected that 'Woman gets haircut' is amongst the top three most talked about online.

WTF is wrong with people?

View attachment 4811

I don't know who Gigi Hadid is, but even if she had discovered the cure for AIDS, or developed a Grand Unified Theory linking QFT with Relativity, it STILL would not be newsworthy that she had a haircut - except to her immediate family and close friends.

This shit is why we can't have nice things. People waste all their effort and attention on moronic trivia.

From my personal observation the majority of the online community is not interested in intellectual discussion. Personally I think it is simply escapism.
How could you possibly come to that conclusion when the two most popular sites mainly allow for a sentence to be posted or just 200 or so characters?

Oh wait...

Nevermind.

There's no turning back. Hah hah hah.

i-5xKkpHT-M.jpg

Oh for fucks sake.

I am starting to understand the appeal of the fundamentalist Mullahs who preach the destruction of western "culture".

That sometimes crosses my mind ..maybe it isn't our freedoms they hate.

That and pride that I've no idea who most of these celebs are.

Normally, I'd agree with you on the not giving a shit part, but now I find I've been drawn into the story and am fascinated by it. Who is this woman and what was the motivation behind this haircut? We need to delve deeper into this story and find out the details which led to her decision to get it.

Perhaps rifling through her garbage will bring us some clues.

Her underwear drawer would probably be more productive.... :cheeky:

Which means it matters to almost every guy out there who is involved with a woman.
No.

[shrug] So says you.

The number of people who give a shit if one particular woman gets a haircut would be a couple of dozen, tops - if she has a lot of close friends and a large family.

Women get haircuts all the time. One particular woman getting a haircut is not worthy of making international news.

Multiply a couple dozen times by most every woman in the world.

[shrug] So says you.

... and thereby render it NOT NEWS.

It's very important to people that they continue to breathe. But it is NOT NEWS, because everyone does it.

To be newsworthy, an event must be both important and unusual.

'Woman gets haircut' fails on both counts; even if I accept your argument that it is, in fact, important, it still fails the rarity requirement.

[shrug] So says you.

... and thereby render it NOT NEWS.

It's very important to people that they continue to breathe. But it is NOT NEWS, because everyone does it.

To be newsworthy, an event must be both important and unusual.

'Woman gets haircut' fails on both counts; even if I accept your argument that it is, in fact, important, it still fails the rarity requirement.

Having a job or not having a job is the most common thing in the world, yet it makes news every single week.

Rarity is not a requirement for something making news. And importance is, of course, relative.

Here's the top search topics on Yahoo for 2015:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2015-review-top-searched-lists-050000200.html

Top Searches on Yahoo in 2015:

1. Bobbi Kristina Brown
2. iPhone
3. Caitlyn Jenner
4. Kendall Jenner
5. Minecraft
6. Jennifer Aniston
7. Kim Kardashian
8. Katy Perry
9. Ronda Rousey
10. Farrah Abraham

Feel free to weep some more. Although, I think Yahoo caters to a certain demographic (young, pop culture centered female apparently), so maybe this is not representative of the nation as a whole. I believe Google will release their 2015 Top Searches soon. I sincerely hope the results are NOT similar to Yahoo's. If that's the case, I will really weep for humanity

1. Bobbi Kristina Brown
2. iPhone
3. Caitlyn Jenner
4. Kendall Jenner
5. Minecraft
6. Jennifer Aniston
7. Kim Kardashian
8. Katy Perry
9. Ronda Rousey
10. Farrah Abraham

Feel free to weep some more. Although, I think Yahoo caters to a certain demographic (young, pop culture centered female apparently), so maybe this is not representative of the nation as a whole. I believe Google will release their 2015 Top Searches soon. I sincerely hope the results are NOT similar to Yahoo's. If that's the case, I will really weep for humanity

At the risk of derailing the thread what's wrong with minecraft?

At the risk of derailing the thread what's wrong with minecraft?

It's pretty fucking boring. Also, there's no way to punch somebody so hard in the nuts that their head pops off, which is the gold standard in quality for video game entertainment.

1. Bobbi Kristina Brown
2. iPhone
3. Caitlyn Jenner
4. Kendall Jenner
5. Minecraft
6. Jennifer Aniston
7. Kim Kardashian
8. Katy Perry
9. Ronda Rousey
10. Farrah Abraham

Well now wait a minute. People still use Yahoo search? People still use Yahoo...period?! I do not expect Yahoo users to be the bright crayons in the box. I bet they get there using IE too.

The long history of life on earth is one of evolution and extinction. Did you think there was something special about us?

I think that will be explored in the third season of the Serial podcast. Hopefully that will answer some pertinent questions, like who the fuck is Gigi Hadid?

My give-a-fuck meter must be broken. It's still reading zero.

My give-a-fuck meter must be broken. It's still reading zero.

The sad thing is that many who give-a-fuck about these things have a vote. It is part of living in a democracy. Perhaps with luck most of those will not bother to vote in the coming US election.

Back
Top Bottom