• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Idiot detonates worthless bomb in attempt to kill lots of people in NYC

I'm wondering if this is merely the first in an uptick of extremists attacks considering the great Trumpelthinskin's stance on Jerusalem last week.
The terrorist claimed he did it because of Gaza, not Jerusalem.
But even if he did it because of Jerusalem, it is a very bad idea to let foreign policy be dictated by what some pissant terrorist might do.

Oh yeah, time to add Indonesia to that Muslim ban I suppose.
Makes sense, since the terrorist is from Bangladesh ...

So, he seems to be mentally ill,
Are you Bill Frist or something?
but, because he's brown, he's a terrorist.
He is not a terrorist because of his hue, he is a terrorist because he committed an act of violence for political and or religious purpose.

That was just the sort of thing that tips some vulnerable types over the edge.
And thus we should refrain from doing anything that has the potential of tipping "some vulnerable types over the edge"?

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree. If he were Christian, he'd be labeled insane. Since he's Muslim, he's a terrorist.
No, he is a terrorist because of his motivation.
If a Christian tried to blow up the subway because of abortion or gays or something, he'd be classified as terrorist as well.

But what really gets me here, is Cheato saying that THIS ideology (that of the terror buffoon) must be eradicated, but the ideology that has been killing the most Americans (neo-naziism) is to be embraced and coddled.

Really? Neonazis killed that one woman in Charlottesville recently.
Islamist terrorists:
- killed 8 people in NYC in October.
- killed 50 people at a nightclub in Orlando, FL in 2016.
- killed 16 people in St. Bernardino, CA in 2015.

And that's just in the last 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
But what really gets me here, is Cheato saying that THIS ideology (that of the terror buffoon) must be eradicated, but the ideology that has been killing the most Americans (neo-naziism) is to be embraced and coddled.

Islamist terrorists:

Unless you are implicitly saying that Trump is correct that neonazism should be embraced and coddled, your response really is irrelevant.

If he really was a terrorist, he'd be a member of a group, and that group would've made damn sure that the bomb worked.
Wrong on both counts. What makes terrorism terrorism is motivation, not group membership. Just like there is individual crime and organized crime, there is individual and organized terrorism.
And membership in a group does not guarantee quality bomb-making skills. Take Weather Underground terrorists who blew themselves up building a bomb in NYC in 1970. Unfortunately two of the terrorists survived the blast but three of them bought it, including both bomb-makers.
Good thing he wasn't, he was certainly dumb enough. Maybe that's why he wasn't in a group. They knew he was too stupid even to commit suicide properly.
Nah. Had he been in a group, he'd be just smart enough to carry out a suicide bombing as long as somebody else built it. And he'd be very suggestible and expendable too, making him a perfect guided missile.

Make no mistake though, he needs to be prosecuted for attempted murder, not terrorism.
Why not both?
I believe that Oscar Wilde said that the only real crime was stupidity. In that case, he'll never see daylight again.
I don't know about Wilde, but Robert A. Heinlein said "Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."
Didn't quite work out that way for Akayed Ullah. Had he been a bit less stupid, he'd have built a stronger bomb. To quote Alexander Pope, "A little learning is a dangerous thing." Ullah was immune.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you are implicitly saying that Trump is correct that neonazism should be embraced and coddled, your response really is irrelevant.
I am not saying that. I was merely disputing Elixir's claims that Neonazism has been killing the most Americans and his implication that Islamism is somehow mostly harmless.

Just goes to show that Trump's immigration policies are working.

If this man had been able to qualify for a student visa and attend a reputable university, he'd have been able to learn how to construct a better bomb and not be such a half-assed terrorist.

But is the fake news, mainstream librul media even going to bring that up? :mad:

Actually, he entered US as a chain migrant (he already had family in the US) and Trump is opposed to this "chain migration".
USA Today said:
Akayed Ullah is from Bangladesh and appears to have lived in Brooklyn after emigrating in 2011 from there on a family immigrant visa, which is available to immigrants with a brother or sister who are American citizens. He is a lawful permanent resident, said Tyler Houlton, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security.
Akayed Ullah: What we know about the NYC explosion suspect

Trump: We have to end chain migration

So, he seems to be mentally ill, but, because he's brown, he's a terrorist.

(He must be mentally ill. If he were competent, he would've at least been able to kill himself. No props for trying.)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if this is merely the first in an uptick of extremists attacks considering the great Trumpelthinskin's stance on Jerusalem last week. Oh yeah, time to add Indonesia to that Muslim ban I suppose.

That was just the sort of thing that tips some vulnerable types over the edge.

Totally agree. If he were Christian, he'd be labeled insane. Since he's Muslim, he's a terrorist.

Christians do not have a recent historty of suicide bombings for terroristic reasons, with Christians that is not common. Extremist Moslems do it regularly on an almost weekly basis. Specifically for terroristic reasons.

It is not. I know you like to joke, but people murder people all the time with no mental illness being involved.

People bomb other people all the time without mental illness being involved.
People commit mass murder all the time?

...well yeah, in the US I suppose.

Well, I'll concede that was ambiguous, but I meant to imply that among the cases of mass murder (whether that be a rare or a common thing), that those cases are not usually perpetrated by someone that is mentally ill.

Let's take the case of a drone pilot in the US Air Force. They've likely committed all sorts of mass-murder involving blowing people up, but they are very likely not mentally ill.

link

As a lesson to remind many it isn't that simple to make a bomb...

Uh, I beg to differ. As an 8th grader I used to make and detonate bombs - the smallest of them (3" x 3/4" cylinders) would reliably kill anyone who was within a couple of feet of it, let alone wearing it. My co-conspirator (little brother) set one off on a beach. He was about 30 feet distant when it went off and ended up in the hospital with sand embedded up and down one side of his body.
This incompetent terrorist doesn't even deserve the label.

Seriously though, how dumb do you have to be to mess up a pipe bomb?

If the Orlando shooter is a terrorist, then you need to include the Las Vegas shooter in with the neo-Nazis. Just because one is of middle eastern descent it does not automatically make him a terrorist.

Islamist terrorists:

If the Orlando shooter is a terrorist, then you need to include the Las Vegas shooter in with the neo-Nazis. Just because one is of middle eastern descent it does not automatically make him a terrorist.
As far as I know, the LV shooter did not act out of any political or religious motivation. I certainly have not heard anything about any neo-Nazi allegiance.

However, Omar Mateen (the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooter) explicitly pledged allegiance to the Islamic State. So we have it from the horse's mouth as it were.

Islamist terrorists:

This really isn't that hard, I'm surprised people are still confused.

If someone expresses or is found to have a religious or political goal with an act of violence, it is terrorism. It has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Night club shooter, terrorism:

Mateen swore allegiance to the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and said the shooting was "triggered" by the U.S. killing of Abu Waheeb in Iraq the previous month. He later told a negotiator he was "out here right now" because of the American-led interventions in Iraq and in Syria, and that the negotiator should tell the United States to stop bombing.

Dylan Roof, terrorism:

He later confessed that he committed the shooting in hopes of igniting a race war.

LV shooter, no known political or religious goal, therefore not terrorism unless one is found at some point.

This pipe bomber, terrorism:

Suspect in New York bomb attack said to have been inspired by Islamic State's call for Christmas attacks.

Austin suicide attack, where guy flew plane into IRS building, terrorism:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Austin_suicide_attack

Note to self...

When planning to be a lone-wolf bomber, maybe give it a test run in the parking lot or something.

Note to self...

When planning to be a lone-wolf bomber, maybe give it a test run in the parking lot or something.

Yeah. Don't be like this guy.

200.webp

Trump simply wants to end immigration, period.

How about what I consider the most important form of immigration: Marriage. Is that not "chain migration"?? After all, they have a relative here who is sponsoring them.

If you don't permit marriage-based visas that means anyone who isn't in their country shouldn't date because there's no way for the relationship to become permanent. And even that's not enough because relationships sometimes develop from proximity without deliberate actions by either party.

- - - Updated - - -

Islamist terrorists:

Nobody has found a political motivation for the Las Vegas shooter. Thus, nut case, not terrorism.

How about what I consider the most important form of immigration: Marriage. Is that not "chain migration"?? After all, they have a relative here who is sponsoring them.

If you don't permit marriage-based visas that means anyone who isn't in their country shouldn't date because there's no way for the relationship to become permanent. And even that's not enough because relationships sometimes develop from proximity without deliberate actions by either party.

Marriage is not chain migration. Chain migration is when all her relatives come over, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Islamist terrorists:

Nobody has found a political motivation for the Las Vegas shooter. Thus, nut case, not terrorism.

Yeah, it's safe to assume that his intent was not to terrorize anyone... :rolleyes:

Let's just cut to the chase and declare that it's impossible for a white person to be a terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom