• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Idiots on the street demand impeachment of Hillary Clinton

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...clinton-impeached_us_5a0c0f03e4b0b17ffce1480e

Let's review how we got here.

1. Trump gets elected.
  2. Trump gets in trouble.
  3. Right wing media outlets need to change the subject, something they are very good at. Ah ha! Let's get everyone talking about Hillary Clinton instead!
  4. Conservatives all over the country suddenly start taking about Hillary Clinton because they hear so much of it from their favorite propaganda sources.

Hillary Clinton is not the president. Trump is. And yet, everyone is talking about Hillary Clinton as if she is relevant (hint: she's a retired grandmother now, does not hold office, and is no longer relevant to much of anything).

If you ask right wingers why they are talking about Hillary Clinton, of course they blame her. She's obviously done things to insert herself into the national conversion. Why else would FOX News suddenly talk so much about her? Ooh, that dastardly Hillary Clinton! She's always up to no good! We should never have voted for that witch!!!!

Jimmy Kimmel decided to have some fun with it and ask people if they think Hillary Clinton should be impeached. Guess what answer he got?

No one ever went broke overestimating the intelligence of Americans.

In both cases sufficient evidence is required to commence impeachment proceedings. Congress knows this.
Wrong on all counts. Hillary Clinton cannot be impeached because she does not hold an office. Impeachment does not require sufficient evidence - read the US Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary Clinton stays in the public consciousness at least party because she simply won't go away.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-democrats-kass-met-0907-20170906-column.html
What does that have to do with people wanting her impeached?

Wrong on all counts. Hillary Clinton cannot be impeached because she does not hold an office. Impeachment does not require sufficient evidence - read the US Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

Hillary Clinton stays in the public consciousness at least party because she simply won't go away.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-democrats-kass-met-0907-20170906-column.html

He's trying to justify why Republicans keep trying to change the subject to Hillary Clinton any time Trump's problems are discussed.

- - - Updated - - -

He's trying to justify why Republicans keep trying to change the subject to Hillary Clinton any time Trump's problems are discussed.
I can understand it helps explain their obsession with her, but it does not explain the utter stupidity of demanding something that is impossible.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...clinton-impeached_us_5a0c0f03e4b0b17ffce1480e

Let's review how we got here.

1. Trump gets elected.
  2. Trump gets in trouble.
  3. Right wing media outlets need to change the subject, something they are very good at. Ah ha! Let's get everyone talking about Hillary Clinton instead!
  4. Conservatives all over the country suddenly start taking about Hillary Clinton because they hear so much of it from their favorite propaganda sources.

Hillary Clinton is not the president. Trump is. And yet, everyone is talking about Hillary Clinton as if she is relevant (hint: she's a retired grandmother now, does not hold office, and is no longer relevant to much of anything).

If you ask right wingers why they are talking about Hillary Clinton, of course they blame her. She's obviously done things to insert herself into the national conversion. Why else would FOX News suddenly talk so much about her? Ooh, that dastardly Hillary Clinton! She's always up to no good! We should never have voted for that witch!!!!

Jimmy Kimmel decided to have some fun with it and ask people if they think Hillary Clinton should be impeached. Guess what answer he got?

No one ever went broke overestimating the intelligence of Americans.

In both cases sufficient evidence is required to commence impeachment proceedings. Congress knows this.

I propose that, in grossly obvious cases such as these, the poster be temporarily banned upon re-posting the same falsehoods that have already been hashed out and evidenced. Once a statement made by someone is clearly shown to simply be factually incorrect, and holds no nuance.. simple fact... upon repeat of the "known incorrect" statement, a ban should be applied for knowingly trolling.

Impeachment does not require a criminal charge. That is the plainly evidenced fact that WP has plainly been shown. No need to repost all of the evidence already provided. If posters are not consuming responses and therefore left to repeat demonstrably false statements, then banning should be permanent.

Or.. this place can be run like Facebook... where rule of social discourse is not enforced.

No, no, no. If stupidity were a valid basis for banning, there would be no posts at all around here. I enjoy the stronger moderation around here, but that would be taking things too far.

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand it helps explain their obsession with her, but it does not explain the utter stupidity of demanding something that is impossible.
30 years of AM Radio and Fox News propaganda followeed by 15 years of Internet reinforcement explains the brain dead political minds of these people.

The Uranium One conspiracy theory is Waco-levels of bonkers. Not only is it demonstrably false, but the whole premise of it is insane. Hillary conspired with the Russians to not get elected?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump doesn't prefer people of color, people of foreign heritage, people of muslim faith and we should add to that people of intellect. The last one has the greatest explanatory power.

All of this actually reminds me of this:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jma-5dFThM[/YOUTUBE]

We hate them and we really don't even know why except that our propaganda channel told us to hate them.

Film lots of people reacting to the question. Discard the many who understand that she isn't president. Save the film of the few who actually are that stupid.

Watch Underseer create a thread wherein he tries to imply that those few represent some many.

It is the same principle of ALL "man on the street" gags. Watch old clips of Jay Walking from when Jay Leno was still the host of the Tonight Show.

Film lots of people reacting to the question. Discard the many who understand that she isn't president. Save the film of the few who actually are that stupid.

Watch Underseer create a thread wherein he tries to imply that those few represent some many.

It is the same principle of ALL "man on the street" gags. Watch old clips of Jay Walking from when Jay Leno was still the host of the Tonight Show.

What percentage of people polled were entirely edited out of the footage we viewed?

The last person polled said, "wait a minute, did you say impeached? She's not even in office"... or something to that effect. So it is not at all true what you said about what was "discarded".

so, how many were really discarded, since we see it was not "all of them"... how many?

Or Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans". That was pretty damn funny, but I suspect Americans are not really that ignorant.

Or Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans". That was pretty damn funny, but I suspect Americans are not really that ignorant.

You might be surprised. I think the ignorance distribution curve does resemble a bell curve as much as a two-humped camel-back - one hump representing a relatively well-informed people, and the other representing a nearly equal number of people who are ignorant beyond belief.

I see your point. But I wonder if it is too optimistic of the average American voter. I doubt most Americans could pass a citizenship test.

I see your point. But I wonder if it is too optimistic of the average American voter. I doubt most Americans could pass a citizenship test.

I guarantee that the VAST majority of natural born Americans could not pass.
I would definitely not pass that exam without preparing for it in advance, and I have an above average educational background... this speaks to the poor state of civics education here in general.

I would not be opposed for the citizenship exam to be a requirement for voting rights as well as for public service.

A line in the movie "Starship Troopers" blew my mind... in a television ad for joining the military to fight the invading aliens, the tag line was, "Service guarantees Citizenship". That was the first time something caused me to even think about 'citizenship' being something that is earned, and not just born into.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talking_to_Americans

Back
Top Bottom