• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

IED bombing of Colorado NAACP office

Davka

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Story

The radio says the FBI is investigating a 20-something white guy. Not sure what this is - does the use of an IED make it a terrorist attack? Does the apparent target and race of the apparent perp make it a racist attack? or is it just a lone nutbar doing weird shit for no apparent reason?

Only your hairdresser knows for sure.

It is unfortunate, thought I do get a chuckle over the fact that the wannabee terrorist's bomb knocked some things off a few shelves. That'll enstill fear!

How's that terrorism workin' fer ya?

Story

The radio says the FBI is investigating a 20-something white guy. Not sure what this is - does the use of an IED make it a terrorist attack? Does the apparent target and race of the apparent perp make it a racist attack? or is it just a lone nutbar doing weird shit for no apparent reason?

It was a 40ish balding white guy, it couldn't possibly be terrorism. Only brown people engage in terrorism. It can't be racist, racism is over in America. No way the guy is a nutbar, he is just protecting his own from the mud people. This can only be a false flag operation perpetrated by Obama and Holder. [/Not a hairdresser][/sarcasm]

Story

Most bombs are IED's. You can't buy them ready made at Home Depot.

Bombings fall into three general categories. The first is terrorism, which has some sort of political goal. Second is personal, which usually involves a love triangle, jealousy, business deals, etc. The third is the Unibomber wacko model. It appears to be political on the surface, but is really just lone nutbar bullshit.

According to the the FBI, officials are seeking a "potential person of interest," described as a balding white male, about 40 years old.

"He may be driving a 2000 or older model dirty, white pick-up truck with paneling, a dark colored bed liner, open tailgate, and a missing or covered license plate," the FBI said in a statement said.

Well I guess half the males on TF are now suspects.

According to the the FBI, officials are seeking a "potential person of interest," described as a balding white male, about 40 years old.

"He may be driving a 2000 or older model dirty, white pick-up truck with paneling, a dark colored bed liner, open tailgate, and a missing or covered license plate," the FBI said in a statement said.

Along with the entire white male population of Tennessee.

I'm balding and white.

If i was in Colorado, i'd thank them for putting me in the line-up. "Honey! Guess what? The cops think l look 40-ish!"

It was a 40ish balding white guy, it couldn't possibly be terrorism. Only brown people engage in terrorism. It can't be racist, racism is over in America. No way the guy is a nutbar, he is just protecting his own from the mud people. This can only be a false flag operation perpetrated by Obama and Holder. [/Not a hairdresser][/sarcasm]
You enjoy playing with strawmen way too much.

Bombings fall into three general categories. The first is terrorism, which has some sort of political goal. Second is personal, which usually involves a love triangle, jealousy, business deals, etc. The third is the Unibomber wacko model. It appears to be political on the surface, but is really just lone nutbar bullshit.
I would not classify Unibomber style attacks as apart from terrorism. He definitely had a political motive and was highly intelligent.

I have no problem calling the NAACP bombing terrorism unless it turns out there was a personal or otherwise non-political motive.

It's a strawman here, but not in the nation.

:hysterical:

this, coming from derec.

Sense of humor.

I think you lost yours somewhere.

Here's what I don't get - even if they hit the Naacp...um, what's the point?

First, you're proving them right (assuming it is some white supremacist), but second...um, they're kinda behind the times. You've got the Dream Defenders, Black Lives Matter, Moral Mondays...jeez, even National Action Network has been more active. Why bother with some local NAACP branch?

We need better terrorists. Well, okay, we don't need them, but...

Back
Top Bottom