• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If Biden Falls, Who Will Rise?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about Warren or her supporters being not in their right minds? Can you explain?
I was replying to barbos. He said that nobody in their right mind believes that Michael Brown was murdered. Which means that Warren (and Harris) are either not in their right mind, or are cynically pandering to their base who are not in their right minds.

Out of curiosity, who do you like the best?
Nobody is that impressive in this field - quantity over quality. I liked Hickenlooper, but he dropped out and was hopeless anyway. Kamala Harris had my interest for a brief moment after she reversed her position on legal sex work and before she went full identity politics (busing, seriously!?). Yang is very interesting, but did not really impress in debates so far. He needs more seasoning I think. As does Buttigieg I guess.
Of the people who have a good chance at nomination, Biden is the least objectionable probably.

No, "Nothing will fundamentally change" guy is not adequate enough for me.
That's where we disagree I think. I do not think fundamental change is necessary.

She is definitely pondering.
Which doesn't speak well for her either. She is appealing to racial divisions.

Presidents definitely have a luxury of forgetting promises they gave during election campaigns. Warren is smart enough to know how politics works.
True. But they do not have the luxury of only caring about, say, economy. Being president is a generalist job.

Trump. That’s proof that experience matters.

No it isn't. He'd be just as bad, and maybe worse if he had political experience.

How about AOC as an example. She has no experience. I didn't see you objecting to her being elected over the guy she replaced who had tons of it. She's making plenty of waves now.

Last edited:
The burden is yours to show tbat experience in politics will make for a better result. It often does the opposite. It means the politician is more likely to be corrupted.

That's almost exactly what Bonespurs said. He said he would be incorruptible because he was already rich. Didn't work out that way, did it?

That isn't even remotely the same nevermind exactly the same. Unless you equate money to less experience.

The burden is yours to show tbat experience in politics will make for a better result. It often does the opposite. It means the politician is more likely to be corrupted.

That's almost exactly what Bonespurs said. He said he would be incorruptible because he was already rich. Didn't work out that way, did it?

That isn't even remotely the same nevermind exactly the same. Unless you equate money to less experience.

Your the one that inserted corruption.

No it isn't. He'd be just as bad, and maybe worse if he had political experience.

How about AOC as an example. She has no experience. I didn't see you objecting to her being elected over the guy she replaced who had tons of it. She's making plenty of waves now.
You are aware that Ocasio-Cortez was elected to a seat in the House... not the Presidency, right? You do understand the multiple magnitude difference between the two jobs?

It is hard to imagine Mr. Trump being more corrupt if he were an experienced politician. So, it must be that he would be worse because he'd be better at achieving his goals. Which means you agree that more experience means better chance of achieving one's goals.

Fig. 1
Every 2020 candidate except Bernie

View attachment 23489
This is a community public service announcement.

Currently there are a lot of people running to be the President of the United States... not monarch, not dictator, but the President of the United States. The Constitution indicates that the President is the executor of the law, not the writer of it. That would be Congress, of which votes on what will and won't become a law. While the President can shape the agenda of the party and influence Congress, it is still Congress who is required to write and pass laws, which generally need to be supported by enough people across the country, because they too are elected officials. As a reminder, the Democrats were pummeled in the 2010 mid-terms because of the passage of the ACA.

American citizens should not be under the misimpression that election of Bernie Sanders will provide for public college tuition or a national health care system. That isn't how things work in DC. If the nation wants more progressive legislation, the nation needs to elect a more progressive Congress. That won't happen in major part thanks to the Orwellian right-wing media empire that has convinced tens of millions of Americans that economic policies that are in their best interest... are a danger to them and apple pie.

So until the right-wing media empire falls, please file your hopes and dreams of a successful Sanders Administrations under D for DELUSIONS.

Fig. 1

View attachment 23489

Currently there are a lot of people running to be the President of the United States... not monarch, not dictator, but the President of the United States. The Constitution indicates that the President is the executor of the law, not the writer of it. That would be Congress, of which votes on what will and won't become a law. While the President can shape the agenda of the party and influence Congress, it is still Congress who is required to write and pass laws, which generally need to be supported by enough people across the country, because they too are elected officials. As a reminder, the Democrats were pummeled in the 2010 mid-terms because of the passage of the ACA.

American citizens should not be under the misimpression that election of Bernie Sanders will provide for public college tuition or a national health care system. That isn't how things work in DC. If the nation wants more progressive legislation, the nation needs to elect a more progressive Congress. That won't happen in major part thanks to the Orwellian right-wing media empire that has convinced tens of millions of Americans that economic policies that are in their best interest... are a danger to them and apple pie.

So until the right-wing media empire falls, please file your hopes and dreams of a successful Sanders Administrations under D for DELUSIONS.

Then you should join me in supporting this movement:

Flip The Senate

Fig. 1

View attachment 23489

Then you should join me in supporting this movement:

Flip The Senate

This will not convince Bernie to do anything other than repeat his talking points. The only changes might be a variation in the amount of spittle.

This will not convince Bernie to do anything other than repeat his talking points. The only changes might be a variation in the amount of spittle.
I'm all about the spittle. His talking points are true.

Back
Top Bottom