• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Images that make you laugh

69551038_10157232676712419_6440404568177115136_n.png

Would there actually be any electric current passing though the humans bodies?

I think such as this is a myth.

Moose

Added by edit - By the way, would there any indication of what message this is a reply to, if I hadn't used the quote? Other than my content obviously refers to the cartoon.

I've seen far too many messages that are apparently replies to a specific messages, but I can't determine what message that would be if there wasn't a quote included. Such as a message saying "I agree". Agree with what?

Would there actually be any electric current passing though the humans bodies?

I think such as this is a myth.

Moose

Added by edit - By the way, would there any indication of what message this is a reply to, if I hadn't used the quote? Other than my content obviously refers to the cartoon.

I've seen far too many messages that are apparently replies to a specific messages, but I can't determine what message that would be if there wasn't a quote included. Such as a message saying "I agree". Agree with what?

Mythbusters attacked this one in the bathtub. You need:

1) Metal plumbing of some kind. If it's all plastic there's no circuit. Drain pipes are usually plastic these days but supply is often copper. Note that with a bathtub there might not be a connection between the supply and the water. With a swimming pool there would be no supply but I could picture a light whose case is grounded acting as the current sink.

2) The source of the electricity must be on the opposite side of the person from the metal plumbing. In this case that would require underwater lights on at least three sides of the pool (presumably all around.)

3) The pool must contain fresh water--not too electrically conductive. Normal tap water certainly qualifies, I don't know about pool water. Our bodies are salt water, the current will preferentially flow through our body than through water that doesn't have too much other stuff in it.

If you switch to threaded mode you will get a tree graph showing which previous post any given post is replying to.

You can change to threaded mode in the "Display" menu. It's in the bar just above the posts.

But from what I could tell Moose was talking about something like this where I reply to you but don't use the "Reply with quote" option. Even though I'm replying to what you said if you use threaded mode these two posts won't be linked.

Obligatory funny image:

PrideShirt.jpg

Edited to add: Okay, I tried switching to threaded mode and discovered that it doesn't work right anyway. It does look like it links my post to bigfield's, but that shouldn't be the case. A whole raft of posts that are not related are linked going back a long way.

Back
Top Bottom