• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

In defence of Trump

Speaking of trump being banned on twitter. I am about to get banned on russian forum for calling Trump motherfucker.
Moderator is a russian trumper in US and overall POS who gives warning for punctuation errors ( of course only to people who don't agree with him)

I thought cancel culture was a purely American phenomenon.
Well, as I said, he lives in US, maybe he got it from you.
Anyway, I read somewhere that most russians in US support Trump. I suspect mostly because of money.

Speaking of trump being banned on twitter. I am about to get banned on russian forum for calling Trump motherfucker.
Moderator is a russian trumper in US and overall POS who gives warning for punctuation errors ( of course only to people who don't agree with him)

Makes sense that a grammar nazi is a Trumper.

If anybody doubts the liberal hegemony. What about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55615214

An alt right chat service can't find anywhere to host their service. In what way isn't the liberals in complete control of society now? No wonder conservatives vote for idiots like Trump.

Parler was supporting a coup attempt. That's going to make them a pariah. Ever hear of aiding and abetting?

If anybody doubts the liberal hegemony. What about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55615214

An alt right chat service can't find anywhere to host their service. In what way isn't the liberals in complete control of society now? No wonder conservatives vote for idiots like Trump.

Parler was supporting a coup attempt. That's going to make them a pariah. Ever hear of aiding and abetting?
The article says their own lawyers dumped them. That's not really a liberal issue.

It you honestly believe the right wing media is in the minority, or doesn't have the resources to create their own hosting, I don't know what to fucking tell you.

How do you explain that they are struggling with finding hosting? Don't forget that since the 90% power has shifted dramatically towards the IT sector. Away from traditional sectors, like banking. IT guys are a hell of a lot more liberal than bankers. And when it comes to social media, infrastructure, they do have all the power. So I don't think it's all that crazy.

Damn, didn't know I had all that power. I mean, throughout my career I would have always said to my bosses, "fuck you, I won't write code for nazis and terrorists", I have never had to do so. But now, somehow, that I would say that makes me more powerful than banks willing to loan Tump billions of dollars. Who would have thought?

No, if Trump flees to Russia, he'll get an office in the back. Hot and cold running sycophants, all the conservative tv he can eat, and absolutely no output.

They can just have him do fake REAL stuff on video like they do with Steven Segal.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUbB-kg6P4[/YOUTUBE]

Quick question. Why is the left obligated to help conservatives make better arguments?

Also, kinda makes my heart go pitter-pat when

"Businesses deny service to violent Nazis" is equated with "Liberals take over industry."

Wow, that’s messed up. Vertigo!

Does the group include that? I get the impression that QAnnon are just a bunch of incells sitting in their moms basement making videos. The top government officials claiming affiliation is just throwing them a bone for some support. I think these people have zero backing of any power. I think these people are disempowered. I'm not saying that conservatives as a whole are disempowered. But the QAnnon people are.

You changed the subject from Parler to Qanon.

Let me know when you decide who you're talking about.
Tom

Parler is the preferred social media platform for QAnnon supporters. That's why Amazon stopped hosting it

Does Zoid realize that a good percentage of these Trump supporters voted for Obama? Many of them never were conservatives, other than their fear of having their guns taking away, or their desire for a Christian theocracy. Some of them simply lost their minds after becoming victims of a charismatic cult leader.

I don't think Zoid has a clue as to what's going on in the US. And, btw there are plenty of intellectual conservative outlets and writers in the US but the Trump supporters aren't interested in reading them. Trump should have been banned from Twitter a long time ago, since he broke so many of Twitter's rules, but because he was the president, Twitter allowed him to remain right up until he incited violence and encouraged insurrection against his own country. Imo, the real reason they left him on was probably due to trying to push up the price of their stock.

Free speech has limits. We Americans were all taught that in grammar school. Making threats of violence toward someone has always been a crime in the US, as. has been making terroristic threats, etc.

And, for fuck's sake, Zoid, stop claiming that what Twitter and the rest of social media did was an example of cancel culture. It's not. Since when is condemning someone for inciting violence the same thing as condemning someone for something minor they said or did in many cases, decades ago? I don't know if this thread was simply started as a way to get dramatic replies, but it sure looks that way to me. :rolleyes:

Why isn't it cancel culture?

I think the guy is an inept leader who doesn't understand cause and effect. A petulant child.

Does the group include that? I get the impression that QAnnon are just a bunch of incells sitting in their moms basement making videos. The top government officials claiming affiliation is just throwing them a bone for some support. I think these people have zero backing of any power. I think these people are disempowered. I'm not saying that conservatives as a whole are disempowered. But the QAnnon people are.

You changed the subject from Parler to Qanon.

Let me know when you decide who you're talking about.
Tom

Parler is the preferred social media platform for QAnnon supporters. That's why Amazon stopped hosting it

Explain why Amazon must be compelled to be affiliated with QAnon supporters if it doesn't want to.

Explain why Amazon must be compelled to be affiliated with QAnon supporters if it doesn't want to.

If tomorrow, Amazon decided on a whim to shut down BLM websites, or Apple decided to remove the Mastodon app from their store because someone in there made insulting comments about Tim Cook, you wouldn't think there is any problem with that? How about restaurants refusing service to people based on skin color or accent?

Who gave these companies the power to decide what politics or opinions are acceptable?

Who gave these companies the power to decide what politics or opinions are acceptable?

What if it isn't about the politics and opinions of their clients, but rather about... the crimes... and clear propensity for criminal activity?

I already did previously. Amazon likes money. They want to do things that generates money. They want to stop doing things that costs them money. They are afraid that if they host Parler it will reflect badly upon them, and they will lose revenue. I somehow doubt they have any moral qualms either way.

Why could this impact negatively upon their business? That's the big question that leftists continually fail to ask. We like to brand ourselves the defenders of the weak and marginalised. It's one thing to use the power of concerted boycotts to take down things like Apartheid. Quite another to use your power to crush a marginal movement of loony anti-vaxxers who believe that Obama was a space alien. These people clearly aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Do we really feel so threatened by them that we're trying to crush their voices? They belong to a category of people where the more rope we give them they will eventually hang themselves.

Or to put it another way. What are we afraid of? These people are idiots. Can't they be allowed to be stupid? Why do we feel the need to take away their voices? And we are doing it. "We" is a society that unreflecting supports censorship.

In Sweden there's a famous website called Flashback. It's as old as the Internet. In the early Internet Neo-Nazis where having their hosting cancelled as soon as they posted anything. A journalist and leftist liberal punk rocker called Jan Axelsson became annoyed at this and allowed the Neo-Nazis on his site and made sure the site stayed up. That's the kind of guy I am.

I'm perfectly fine with people discussing attacks on the government and revolution. It'll keep the government on their toes. Prevent them from taking their citizens for granted. And above all, it's a sign of a healthy democracy and healthy public debate.

If tomorrow, Amazon decided on a whim to shut down BLM websites, or Apple decided to remove the Mastodon app from their store because someone in there made insulting comments about Tim Cook, you wouldn't think there is any problem with that? How about restaurants refusing service to people based on skin color or accent?

I really dislike the alternative which is forbidding these companies to regulate their own fucking product. Discriminating against people who support domestic terrorism is fine - discrimination against race gender or sexuality is not. Why is that so fucking hard?

I already did previously. Amazon likes money. They want to do things that generates money. They want to stop doing things that costs them money. They are afraid that if they host Parler it will reflect badly upon them, and they will lose revenue. I somehow doubt they have any moral qualms either way.

Yep. So why are you making it a left vs right issue?

That's the big question that leftists continually fail to ask. We like to brand ourselves the defenders of the weak and marginalised. It's one thing to use the power of concerted boycotts to take down things like Apartheid. Quite another to use your power to crush a marginal movement of loony anti-vaxxers who believe that Obama was a space alien.

Speak for yourself. I brand myself as a middle-age obstinate cunt. And I have no problem telling Anti-vaxxer QAnon morons to go and get fucked because giving them a platform tacitly gives their bullshit views legitimacy. The golden rule for de-escalating a situation where someone is having a psychotic episode is that you don't feed their delusions. That's how capitols get stormed and Pizza shops get shot at. So no, I don't think Amazon, Google etc are in anyway obligated to host bullshit, clear bullshit, on their platforms or incitements to terrorism because of some ivory tower "both sides" bullshit equanimity.

I'm perfectly fine with people discussing attacks on the government and revolution. It'll keep the government on their toes. Prevent them from taking their citizens for granted. And above all, it's a sign of a healthy democracy and healthy public debate.
No it fucking isn't. That attitude devolves into, "Wah! My side lost! Everyone gather your pitchforks and let's go fuck *them* up!" very quickly. Believe it or not, there are ways to hold politicians to account without advocating acts of terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom