• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Indicting 12 Russian officers of the GRU, but they are not US citizens?

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
Indicting 12 Russian officers of the GRU, but they are not US citizens?

With the exception of Fuckface von Clownstick, most GRU Officers are not US Citizens. Shocking, but true.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/12-russians-accused-hacking-democrats-2016-us-election-161839939--politics.html

What kind of leverage could Rosenstein have on them? It is not like Russia will hand them over, in fact it would be deeply immoral and disloyal for Russia to do that. They were fulfilling their loyalty to Russia. This is what they were supposed to do.

Trump or his campaign on the other hand...

Russian citizens are being charged with crimes because the Deep State is persecuting virtuous defenders of the white race such as yourself. You should go right back to stormfront and warn them all about the Jewy Jew Jew Deep State conspiracy against the white supremacist identitarian movement.

If CIA officers hacked some aspect of the Chinese government or society because of direct orders there is no way that they would be given up by the US unless it was part of a fall guy backstop.

So, were these Russians government officials acting under direct orders or freelancing or "freelancing" (wink, wink)?

Has Germany indicted the particular US govt operatives who spied on them because of direct orders?

Maybe hold them as cyber POWs, because they are cyber soldiers in the literal sense.

Russia doesn't hand over its own citizens to US. Period. The only inconvenience to these 12 people is that they probably should avoid traveling to any country that extradites to the US, but that's about it.

If CIA officers hacked some aspect of the Chinese government or society because of direct orders there is no way that they would be given up by the US unless it was part of a fall guy backstop.

So, were these Russians government officials acting under direct orders or freelancing or "freelancing" (wink, wink)?

Has Germany indicted the particular US govt operatives who spied on them because of direct orders?

Maybe hold them as cyber POWs, because they are cyber soldiers in the literal sense.
This is about establishing a record about what happened and by whom. Russians tried to fuck with our election, and Wikileaks was involved and likely Roger Stone. Stone is linked to Trump. So now that the WHAT is partially carved in stone, the whom is the targeting. If I were Roger Stone, I wouldn't be breathing any sighs of relief. With this indictment, it makes it harder to fire Mueller, because it is established that this did happen.

I find it interesting that this dropped right before Trump's private quarterly performance report before Putin. With talk if the insane GOP posse about to impeach Rosenstein, apparently not learning from the thorough ass-kicking given to them by Stzock, this may be the intelligence community letting it be known they won't just roll over easily because of Conservative cronyism. At least I hope so, because they've so far shown serious restraint.

Russia doesn't hand over its own citizens to US. Period. The only inconvenience to these 12 people is that they probably should avoid traveling to any country that extradites to the US, but that's about it.

Is everyone really that confused by this?

Mueller has been indicting Russians all along. It's not some great mystery why he's doing it.

Trump and the other Republicans have made it clear that they are willing to stoop to anything to interfere with the investigation, including pardoning people. So Mueller indicts one Russian and one American together as much as possible. That way, even if Trump pardons the American, the investigation doesn't go away. The only way Trump can make the investigation stop through pardons is to pardon a whole bunch of Russian spies, which would make his treason obvious even to many Republican voters.

Trump got this far by convincing the Republican base that there was no treason and that the investigation is an unfair witch hunt just like they did to Hillary with the Benghazi investigations. But if Trump pardons a bunch of Russian spies in order to terminate the investigation, it will be a lot harder to convince Republican voters that he's not working with the Russians.

It's basically a measure to prevent obstruction of justice via pardon.

I find it interesting that this dropped right before Trump's private quarterly performance report before Putin. With talk if the insane GOP posse about to impeach Rosenstein, apparently not learning from the thorough ass-kicking given to them by Stzock, this may be the intelligence community letting it be known they won't just roll over easily because of Conservative cronyism. At least I hope so, because they've so far shown serious restraint.

I'm not convinced they're not in cahoots with the Republicans and the Russians themselves. Why else did they make such a point of telling the American public about the meaningless investigation of Hillary that produced nothing, but said nothing about a treason investigation that has thus far resulted in 20 indictments and 5 guilty pleas?

Well, CIA have an option of kidnapping. Taking into account that, these poor GRU hackers limited their vacation destination to China and North Korea.

Well, CIA have an option of kidnapping. Taking into account that, these poor GRU hackers limited their vacation destination to China and North Korea.

What, there's no Mar A Lagos in Russia to vacation at? I assume there will be soon.

There is another angle here, What a real president should do at this point is demand that putin deport those 12 to face trial in the US. What will of course happen is that the Tangerine turd will say nothing of the sort, and cede Alaska back to Russia. Mueller is making this obvious.

There is now zero doubt that the shitgibbon is a traitor,

There is another angle here, What a real president should do at this point is demand that putin deport those 12 to face trial in the US. What will of course happen is that the Tangerine turd will say nothing of the sort, and cede Alaska back to Russia. Mueller is making this obvious.

And of course real President in Russia would refuse to hand over his people and then real president in US will start a war with Russia over it.

And of course real President in Russia would refuse to hand over his people and then real president in US will start a war with Russia over it.

I think it's a little more nuanced...a sane president would then think about diplomatic and trade consequences for Russia....but since putin is trumpo's boss, and trumpo is not sane, we could end up with war.

I think it's a little more nuanced...a sane president would then think about diplomatic and trade consequences for Russia....but since putin is trumpo's boss, and trumpo is not sane, we could end up with war.

I am tired of this manufactured (by democrats) outrage over election meddling. I understand and support the will to remove Trump from presidency but these meaningless indictments and their timing are nothing but an obvious ploy to evoke a reaction from Trump and his people.

I am tired of this manufactured (by democrats) outrage over election meddling. I understand and support the will to remove Trump from presidency but these meaningless indictments and their timing are nothing but an obvious ploy to evoke a reaction from Trump and his people.

Bullcack. It's called evidence gathering. They are NOT meaningless...just laser focused.

It's to justify all the spending and nonsense of the Special Counsel. By indicting Russian nationals, there is no expectation that they will come to the U.S. or that there will be a trial. Hence, no need to actually disclose what evidence, if any, that the government actually has to support the indictments. What a surprise that no US citizens were name. No evidence of collusion? Look, a squirrel!

DiAJBAtVMAAuffr.jpg

Bullcack. It's called evidence gathering. They are NOT meaningless...just laser focused.
For russian 12 they are meaningless. In fact Putin would give them a raise :) So it is meaningful but in opposite way for them.

For russian 12 they are meaningless. In fact Putin would give them a raise :) So it is meaningful but in opposite way for them.
Why would Putin give his spies a raise for getting caught? Doesn't that send kind of a wrong message to the other spies?

Back
Top Bottom