• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Inside Germany’s Giant, Hungry, Flightless-Bird Problem

In the nearby International district pieion shit is all over the place. In sme places yiu have towade theough pigeins on the ground.

Canadian Geese foul lakes with poop causing swimming bans.. Golf curses and lawns as well. They learned the area has a lot of open grass spaces during migraion.

And then the starlings. Huge flocks.

Starlings are a major pest in agriculture, requiring many areas to be netted to save fruit. In urban settings, the birds roost at night in flocks of thousands, returning to the same location again and again. Their droppings create a health and aesthetic problem.Sep 12, 2016
I recently saw a news where scientists managed to grow plants without light at 18x efficiency of natural way.
So the pest problem is about to be solved. Crops will be grown on factories in sterile environment. No more agriculture.

German rheas, Australian camels, North American mustangs, Colombian hippos...

In the U.S. we have a feral pig problem. Hybrid descendents of Russian boars imported by sportsmen for hunting in the early 1800's. Germany also has a raccoon problem because Hermann Goering released raccoons at his hunting lodge outside Berlin just before WW2.

I recently saw a news where scientists managed to grow plants without light at 18x efficiency of natural way.
Doubtless the source of power was Putin's righteousness!
Just ask his pet pope Kirill.

Tom

Doubtless the source of power was Putin's righteousness!
Just ask his pet pope Kirill.

Tom
Not yet, but it will be.
“Crops will be grown on factories in sterile environment“ so that if you’re mean to Putler, he can easily bomb your food supply without wasting as much money as it cost to shut down Ukraine.
That’s the source of power.

Rabbits were decimated by Calicivirus. Hardly see any these days.
Where I live, I see very very many.

They must be coming back in certain areas. Evolution at work.
I looked it up. So far, there have only been just a couple of cases in the state I am in, and those were in domestic rabbits, so it has yet to spread to the wild population. I am sure sooner or later it will hit hard.. but , right now, they have yet to be exposed.

I looked it up. So far, there have only been just a couple of cases in the state I am in, and those were in domestic rabbits, so it has yet to spread to the wild population. I am sure sooner or later it will hit hard.. but , right now, they have yet to be exposed.
It was deliberately introduced to them here, as a pest control method. As was myxomatosis previously - which they also evolved immunity to.

I just noticed, we are in different countries.

Back
Top Bottom