• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Iowa Caucus

Yeah, I gotta hand it to the dapper little manikin. I never would have guessed he'd be as far behind Trump as Trump is behind Cruz. With counties starting to close, there shouldn't be much more movement. Bush won't make the top 5, but shouldn't have to worry about being knocked off sixth place. Santorum did find 1000 people to vote for him.

And what the fuck, Gilmore? Why are you even still running? You can't even get 1/100th the votes of Santorum. And you aren't even amusing.

Even if Bernie does not win this straw poll, this showing is a win for him.

And O'Malley suspends his campaign. Take a hint, Gilmore!

According to Drudge, at this moment Cruz is beating Trump, with Rubio pulling a close third.

It looks like the establishment Republicans are rallying behind Cruz (who they hate) to stop Trump (who they hate more).

According to Drudge, at this moment Cruz is beating Trump, with Rubio pulling a close third.
I's over - 99% reporting, too large margins between top three for the order to change.
It's Cruz (28%) for win, Trump (24%) for place, Rubio (23%) for show (it's a horse race after all!)

It looks like the establishment Republicans are rallying behind Cruz (who they hate) to stop Trump (who they hate more).
More like, they are starting to rally behind Rubio. While he got into Senate as a tea party insurgent (beating Crist) he is palatable to the establishment and does much better than the rest of the field. I expect Rubio to get a huge boost out of Iowa and to be a contender for the second place in New Hampshire.

I's over - 99% reporting, too large margins between top three for the order to change.
It's Cruz (28%) for win, Trump (24%) for place, Rubio (23%) for show (it's a horse race after all!)

More like, they are starting to rally behind Rubio. While he got into Senate as a tea party insurgent (beating Crist) he is palatable to the establishment and does much better than the rest of the field. I expect Rubio to get a huge boost out of Iowa and to be a contender for the second place in New Hampshire.

Very good night for the GOP - a record turnout shattering prior records...over 180,000 turnout (in 2012 it was 122,000). Also good news for those of us pulling for Cruz (and Rubio). Ted Cruz the most votes ever recorded for a candidate in Iowa.

Sanders is tied with Clinton - great night for him. Looks like the old white man has shown himself to have mojo - and is Bernie not projected to win in NH?

This is not good news.

While Trump is a worthless buffoon, Cruz if a religious fundamentalist who loves to talk about Jesus all the time.

But I guess it was impossible for there to be good news with that crazed bunch of Republicans running.

For Rubio, this feels more like he's doing the work now so it can be his turn in 2020. If he runs a strong campaign, like Romney did in 2012, but doesn't get the nomination, then he'll probably be the GOP go-to four years from now.

For Trump, this is a loss. He was projected to win, so second place isn't good. But he'll win New Hampshire no problem and that'll reset his bloviating to new heights.

For slimy Ted Cruz, it's a solid win until Trump stomps him in NH. Then it's on to South Carolina and Washington, who hold their primary and caucuses respectively, on the same night.

On the night of March 1, "Super Tuesday," is when the real goring begins. In a month the field will be littered with the corpses of the many never-weres of the GOP/Tea Party

For Rubio, this feels more like he's doing the work now so it can be his turn in 2020. If he runs a strong campaign, like Romney did in 2012, but doesn't get the nomination, then he'll probably be the GOP go-to four years from now.

For Trump, this is a loss. He was projected to win, so second place isn't good. But he'll win New Hampshire no problem and that'll reset his bloviating to new heights.

For slimy Ted Cruz, it's a solid win until Trump stomps him in NH. Then it's on to South Carolina and Washington, who hold their primary and caucuses respectively, on the same night.

On the night of March 1, "Super Tuesday," is when the real goring begins. In a month the field will be littered with the corpses of the many never-weres of the GOP/Tea Party
I think Rubio probably has next year's election in mind, rather than 2020.

Going by today's results, recent trends and the negative image of Trump and Cruz, it seems to me he has better chances than any other candidate, though not by far.

Amazing! The Jebber got only 3% He has spent somewhere around $58 millions, and got 3%. I suspect if he does as bad in new Hampshire, he'll drop out. Huckabee is officially out. O'Malley is out.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/politics/mike-huckabee-drops-out-of-2016-presidential-race/
"I am officially suspending my campaign," the former Arkansas governor tweeted Monday night. "Thank you for all your loyal support. #ImWithHucK"

Jeb Bush, I am told, has spent closer to 100m. His departure is long overdue. Now its time for Rand Paul, Fiorina, Kasich and all the other losers to leave the stage...including Carson.

Christie will stick around for NH, as he should.

The two biggest winners of the night were Sanders and Rubio, who are now 'contenders'. If, as expected, Sanders takes NH then it a whole new ballgame.

Rand Paul is very charming and funny,but the Libertarian thing is a non starter .Rubio,Cruzio WTF Iowa!

This is not good news.

While Trump is a worthless buffoon, Cruz if a religious fundamentalist who loves to talk about Jesus all the time.

But I guess it was impossible for there to be good news with that crazed bunch of Republicans running.

I don't Cruz' win is that big of a deal. He still had almost two thirds of the voters vote against him.

Rand Paul is very charming and funny,but the Libertarian thing is a non starter .Rubio,Cruzio WTF Iowa!

I have a friend who practically worships the guy. For some reason he can't get it through his head that it's hard to win an election where half of each electorate hates you.

Back
Top Bottom