• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is FSM recognized by PA, or HUD?

unapologetic

50+ years without a god
Basic Beliefs
antitheist
R'men,
Does anyone know if the church of FSM is recognized as a religion by the state of PA, or HUD?
My apt building (subsidized by HUD) is allowing a 'bible study' every Monday.
I want to challenge this by asking to hold a pastafairian meet on Fridays.
I expect to be refused.

Sorry, it's not recognized as a Religion in the United States.

But that doesn't mean you cannot ask for a Pastafarian meeting.

Who recognizes a religion? What is their standing, and authority to recognize or not recognize a religion? And what about the First Amendment?
Who recognises the First Amendment? What is their standing, and authority to recognize or not recognize a part of the law of the USA?

I am not in the US, nor am I a US citizen. Your First Amendment has no power here. ;)

Who recognizes a religion? What is their standing, and authority to recognize or not recognize a religion? And what about the First Amendment?
Who recognises the First Amendment? What is their standing, and authority to recognize or not recognize a part of the law of the USA?

I am not in the US, nor am I a US citizen. Your First Amendment has no power here. ;)
Since it appears that the poster of the OP is in the United States of America, and not Australia, your views of or acceptance of the First Amendment or the US as a nation. means nothing in terms of the discussion in this thread.

You should have checked my location before you replied.:);):oops:

I was actually wondering about the IPU the other day and whether the IPU still is a thing.

Yes, I am familiar with Pastafarians.

They worship Haile Cacciatore as the messiah.

Well, you could ask for a meeting for Rastafarians instead of Pastafarians and insist that weed be permitted since that's an actual part of the Rastafarian rituals. Or, if you could start a Secular Humanist Study, since the IRS actually recognizes Secular Humanism as a religion. I know that because I was once the treasurer of such a group in Atlanta and found out that we did't have to file tax forms because the IRS considered us a religion. Or you could try a Satanist study group or a Wiccan study group. I'm sure there are many actual religions that would offend your Christian neighbors. 😈

I wanted to start a Humanist group at our senior center, since it has a couple of Christian groups, but I couldn't get my two older atheist friends to help me out and I didn't want to do it alone.

Back
Top Bottom