• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is it racist for a prostitute to reject black men?

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I've never hired a prostitute -- maybe some day -- but, I get get a kick out of reading their ads on backpage.com I've noticed many of them say NO black men.

Yes. If you refuse to do business with someone because of their race, you are being racist. It's nothing a good bitchslapping from her pimp can't cure, though. Damn whore can't be turning away his paying customers that way and costing him money. :mad:

That does raise an interesting question about the legalization and regulation of prostitution, though. If an accountant can't advertise that he doesn't want black clients or turn them away due to their race when they show up, would a prostitute be able to legally discriminate in that manner?

Yes, it's no different than a X-tian who works at a drug store and won't sell abortion drugs because it goes against their faith, if you choose the job you have to take the risk and should have known you were going to meet different people and that will come up.

Yes, it's no different than a X-tian who works at a drug store and won't sell abortion drugs because it goes against their faith, if you choose the job you have to take the risk and should have known you were going to meet different people and that will come up.
So you are saying women should be forced to have sex with all men that are willing to pay if they have sex with any man for pay?

So you are saying women should be forced to have sex with all men that are willing to pay if they have sex with any man for pay?

If they choose to run a business, they cannot discriminate in how they run that business. The fact that their business is sex shouldn't change that.

Are accountants forced to do the taxes of all who will pay if they do the taxes of anyone who will pay?

So you feel that racial discrimination is more important than a woman's bodily integrity? I would agree that her actions are racist yet its a lesser evil than forcing women to have sex with someone.

p sure there's a difference between letting someone give you their receipts so you can enter them into your books and someone giving you their dick so you can enter it into your body.

So you feel that racial discrimination is more important than a woman's bodily integrity? I would agree that her actions are racist yet its a lesser evil than forcing women to have sex with someone.

WTF are you talking about? Exactly who is forcing her to have sex with someone? If she doesn't want to follow the legal rules of the business, she can choose not to be employed in that business. It's the same way that someone who doesn't want to run a bar that bans smoking isn't forced to open a bar in an area that doesn't allow smoking in bars. It's the same as someone who doesn't want to give drivers' licenses to women isn't forced to work at the DMV. It's the same as someone who doesn't want to sell birth control pills to single women isn't forced to work in a pharmacy. It's the same as someone who doesn't want to give loans to Indians isn't forced to work at a bank.

None of those people are the victims of someone forcing them to do something and neither is the prostitute.

WTF are you talking about? Exactly who is forcing her to have sex with someone? If she doesn't want to follow the legal rules of the business, she can choose not to be employed in that business. It's the same way that someone who doesn't want to run a bar that bans smoking isn't forced to open a bar in an area that doesn't allow smoking in bars. It's the same as someone who doesn't want to give drivers' licenses to women isn't forced to work at the DMV. It's the same as someone who doesn't want to sell birth control pills to single women isn't forced to work in a pharmacy. It's the same as someone who doesn't want to give loans to Indians isn't forced to work at a bank.

None of those people are the victims of someone forcing them to do something and neither is the prostitute.
In almost all of the USA, prostitution is illegal, so there are no "legal" rules for that business. Unlike a pharmacist who is typically licensed by the state, prostitutes are not.

To answer the OP question, I'd say yes.

In almost all of the USA, prostitution is illegal, so there are no "legal" rules for that business. Unlike a pharmacist who is typically licensed by the state, prostitutes are not.

How is that not the entire point of my post?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why the prostitutes care?

Just because you're a prostitute doesn't mean that you're not a racist.

There are places in the US and around the world where it is legal. So let's pretend we're having that discussion there so that we can get on with what would be sufficient grounds for a prostitute to reject a customer.

What are the grounds upon which a prostitute can reject a customer?

There's likely any number of reasons. Anything to do with cleanliness would be acceptable. If they're too busy, too tired or anything else. They just couldn't so it explicitly do it because of race.

The related question is whether they'd be able to discriminate on account of gender. There are women's only health clubs and the like, so there would appear to be some exceptions to allow for that.

- - - Updated - - -

There are places in the US and around the world where it is legal. So let's pretend we're having that discussion there so that we can get on with what would be sufficient grounds for a prostitute to reject a customer.

Well, what happens in those places? If a black guy walks into the Bunny Ranch and gets refused service as a result of his race, does he have a legal case against them?

What are the grounds upon which a prostitute can reject a customer?

One of the advantages of being in an illegal and unregulated business is no regulations.

The number one grounds upon which a prostitute will reject a customer is suspicion he is a policeman. After that, personal safety is important. Worry about getting paid is also to be found high on the list. Men who complain about using condom are possibly above that, and if I had to speculate why black men are singled out, that might be the main reason.

That doesn't follow.

It being wrong to for a prostitute to refuse their services to black men is not the same as them having to accept every customer they come across. That's like saying that it's acceptable for a company to refuse to hire black people because the alternative is that they have to hire every single person who sends them a resumé.

Maybe it's because they think that "soul brother too beaucoup"?

Btw, that ARVN joke can now be recycled for the Iraqi Army. :)

I've never hired a prostitute -- maybe some day -- but, I get get a kick out of reading their ads on backpage.com I've noticed many of them say NO black men.

My understanding is that it's imposed by their pimps.

Back
Top Bottom